News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Phoenix

Started by Anastasia, April 30, 2021, 02:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

Correct! Let's show Kascha the dragon eggs.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"Oh! Dragon eggs!" Kascha cries as she rushes into the room, "So many of them, too. Are they alive?" she asks, turning back to you as they all sit and...

Go ahead and describe a bit if you want since it's your realm.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"They definitely are," Seira affirms, having arranged the eggs in a private garden of her palace. "It seems that they were in a sort of suspended animation and forgotten by Imix, so we're going to help them be born and introduce them to the resident Reds. Prismatics, now, I suppose?"

Anastasia

"More dragons," Kascha hurries from egg to egg, checking each one. "Oh, we'll need some gold around for the hatching of course, it wouldn't do for a dragon to wake up without some gold to see or nibble on. Can you imagine that, Seira? There will be so many, it'll be such a large brood that they'll all have lots of socialization, more than most dragons. That should do them good."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I think we should also teach them certain values from the very start," Seira voices, gazing out at the dragon eggs. "You know the cultural aversion to using tools to improve performance in battle, as well as arrogance in certain matters coupled to ignorance in others that together make proper integration into mortal societies all but impossible. The older dragons might say it's not draconic... but am I not a dragon goddess favored by Io? We are going to try for a new draconic path to greatness by borrowing all that is good about the education and child-rearing of other races!"

Anastasia

A side eye, "Do you have something in mind in particular, Seira?" Kascha asks, "It's at least somewhat instinct as well, so you'll have to cope with that."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Io told me to lead by example, so that's how we'll appeal our dragon path to the kids. Magic items are convenient, after all. We'll start with toys and get them used to their presence, but not for anything you actually need in order to live properly. Entertainment, educational aids, that sort of thing is what we'll use to introduce them. On the part of socialization, maybe we can try competitions? Dragons are not inherently all powerful, and dragon kids even more so. We have plenty of strong elementals who could compare favorably to them from a young age, so let's have them learn to cooperate when they need to by first learning of each other's strength. Then, by the time they hear conventional wisdom about how dragons and elementals rank, it would be trumped by their own experiences!"

Seira gives a wry grin at Kascha, then, adding, "Well, that's if things go remotely according to expectations. But spontaneity is also fun, and we've often improvised in the past and made things work out, so as long as we try our best they should grow up great kids~"

Anastasia

"Oh, I'm sure they'll turn out well if we put in the effort," Kascha says, "Children do. Usually." A thought, "Well and if any have deeper problems we can help."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Right?" Seira asks with a grin. "And you'll be helping. In fact, you'll be in charge of this~!"

Anastasia

"Me?" Kascha asks, "Well, I don't mind, but I am busy so could you ask me first next time? But then again..." she looks back at the eggs and smiles, "Well, dragons are fun and Surru would have good advice, too."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"It's not something you're being saddled with or anything, but I thought you'd want a new project given that your 666 research came to an end for now, and it's a priceless opportunity for your study of dragonkind," Seira voices. "A reward, really."

Anastasia

"Oh." A blush from Kascha before b rightly, "Thank you, Seira!"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"And speaking of being busy, once you get one or two more avatars, you should be able to find more time for your projects and for proper relaxation, too! How's your progress doing there?"

Anastasia

"Well..." Kascha begins.

Are you good with that there or do you have anything from Kascha you wanna address while you have her expoing.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I'm good, though I did wonder whether her goal was completed. Since she brought it up and since there's nothing else to do there now, I'm curious about it.

As for next, I want to deal with the soul gems with Ranbar.