News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Gold rush

Started by Anastasia, June 22, 2021, 01:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

You get a long look before with an imperious wave of her hand, "You may."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Moore nods and offers another bow.

"If we can be of any assistance to you and yours, do not hesitate to reach out to us." Moore says. "Thank you, Lady Padisha."

With a gesture, Moore returns home with Sylvie and Xandra, where he lets out a long breath.

"Some people." Is all he says with a slump of his shoulders.

Anastasia

"I know." Xandra kneels next to you, "Her actions were disgraceful. There is more decorum to be had than she showed."

Sylvie magics a comfortable chair from nothing and sits, "Moore, bitches are bitches. There's no sense letting them drag you down, or you'll spend forever miserable since there's so many of them."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

He snorts at that.

"If we were lesser types, I'm sure we could raise some sort of formal objection about the way she handled it." He says. "But there's no sense in worrying about it. Do you both think it's worth investing any of our actual time in this? I can just have Melia investigate the Mercane for us and we can put our attention somewhere else."

Anastasia

"There's no formal way to protest her being a bitch," Sylvie waves it off, "Leave them be for now ,there's better avenues to approach the Mercane without dealing with her. Try again once her mood's cycled."

"Time may heal that wound," Xandra agrees, "Or perhaps Sylvie is right, it will make her less of a bitch."

A smile grows on Sylvie's face, "Exactly, Xandra. Why not ask Crystalle the favor? He could show the slightest interest and he'd have a few hundred Mercane ready to give entire nations of treasure to get access, or ready to betray virtually any secret. Let me disguise myself as one of Crystalle's deputies in this and handle it. I know Seira's had an interest in them as well for some time, so if we hit something big, we can pass that along too."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Oh, sure, we can go that angle." Moore says with a nod. "Sylvie, if you'd like to arrange it with him I'll give you my full support."

Anastasia

"I can, but it'll take time so I'll be busy for awhile," Sylvie explains, "They'll be protected against mind reading to the hilt, so odds are I need to get anything out of them the hard way or with brute force that'll be too obvious."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I think it's worth the investment." Moore says. "Worst case, it may lead to other potential for us."

Anastasia

"Then I'll get it started," Sylvie says, "Contact me if you need me in an emergency."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "In the meantime, let's see if there's anything else we can get involved in." He says to Xandra.

There's not a lot else on his plate for right now.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 79, total 79[/blockquote] Have a d100 for no reason whatsoever.

Anastasia

Prayers. Beautiful things, fragile hopes and radiant dreams. They glow brightly your mind as you deal with them, each one a moment of hope. A moment where one stands out, for it isn't the person you'd expect.

Canderella.

'No time, Moore. If you can hear, I'm in Gith ship on Astral. Trapped. Communications mostly blocked. Can't contact Talos due to hostage. Help me.'

That's it when it simply ends, abruptly. It's not a normal prayer, but a twisted and flickering sending.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

So here's a technical question - since she prayed to me, do I know exactly where she is on the Astral?

Anastasia

No. As noted it's a twisted and flickering sending. She was pretty far off label you suspect.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Okay. I wasn't sure if it was capital S sending like the spell so thank you for the clarification.

Moore summons the others in an instant, already preparing to go.

"I don't think we need to send everyone, but we need to know exactly where she is." Moore says. "Xandra, can you help pinpoint her? I don't know if regular divination magic will work, but we can try it."

Anastasia

"I could," Xandra says after a moment, eyes closed.

Silence as the others watch.

Kaja awaits while Cresiel stands, armored and ready. Jetina is grim-faced as Xandra works, "I have an area," Xandra's voice is strangely distant, "I am closing in. "
<Afina> Forever.