News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Mini naggings

Started by Anastasia, February 17, 2022, 09:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

Okay, I'll just work on the other side for PrCs and stay Paladin, I suppose.

Anastasia

Works. Bear in mind level 5 may have different priorities than level 1, too. In other words see where you're at when you get there.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Oh, yeah. I just have always liked the way you plan out builds, so I was thinking of having a general idea of where to put things when the time comes.

Assuming I am not killed by a house cat at level 1, anyway.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Yeah, I've settled on the Paladin/Factotum Cansin. Depending on where we're starting I can drum up a little bit more of a fleshed out idea.

Anastasia

Any preferences there, then?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

As long as it isn't Baator or some other awful place, I think it'll be okay! I trust your judgement.

Anastasia

Okay for now assume a Prime Material. Let me know what your character's general goals are going to be?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Generally speaking, Fitzcarald (Fitz for short) has found his calling - nay, his passion to simply helping others with logic, reasoning, and maybe a little bit of mischief. He received a dream some time ago of figure clad in all red armor that bade him to use his wit to make the world a better place in the name of The Red Knight. Battle and strategy take many forms, which can include quick thinking to make sure someone doesn't get swindled, or helping someone subvert a law that isn't in their own interests.

So generally going around "Do-gooder" style with a flair for a little bit of improvisation as needed.

Anastasia

Okay. I'm thinking that sort of character would do well in more of a frontier setting, perhaps?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

It would definitely not do well in Lifasa!

Anastasia

Okay then. I can work with that. We'll start somewhere small and expand it over game play and time.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Finport is an old place. Word is it used to be a goblin camp, wiped out by pirate raids. Eventually the dwarves built a port here, before they suffered long reversals. Then elves build something here but it didn't last and - ah, what's the point. It's a melange of buildings of all styles and types, from new to older than anyone cares to reckon. Off on the southern coast, away from Orland or Alfar.

These days it's a no man's land of a port. Not quite a pirate's nest, too many people who care and have power would object to that. But somewhere pirates can visit without fear of arrest. A free city ran by a fat old merchant prince named Berdacci, home to adventurers, pirates and the refuge of half a dozen other cities before its time on this location.

How has Fitz ended up here and why is he here?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

He's traveled from place to place, usually on one whim or another, imparting a bit of tactical knowledge to people to help them on their travels. However, once he heard about Finport, he knew it would be the place to go - people get swindled all the time, especially by pirates. He knew this place would be a great opportunity to spread a bit of knowledge to the downtrodden, to help them use the free city for their own gain, and still manage to do a bit of good in the process.

He's here, now - led by a dream, both his own and his patron's, to do good deeds for those who need it, and to add to The Red Knight's worshippers.