News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Chapter 3: A new adventure!

Started by Nephrite, August 21, 2022, 07:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

[18:33] <Kotono> > Fitz begins to heal as meanwhile...OOC: Go Fitz.
[18:33] <Kotono> <Fitzcarald> Fitz nods in thanks!
[18:33] <Kotono> <Fitzcarald> He starts running towards the woman on the horse - he tries to put distance between himself and Kreios so he doesn't get fireballed. "If you're not going to listen to words then I'll be more persuasive!" He shouts. OOC: Run action to move 120 feet.
[18:33] <Kotono> > You run closer - 180ft away now. Hurt but alive, moving even as your armor is scorched and a few brush fires sizzle where you were fireballed. The woman struggles and...
[18:33] <Kotono> > roll 1d20+7
[18:33] <Kotono> <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+7 --> [ 1d20=6 ]{13}
[18:33] <Kotono> > But the vines prevent her from casting again, holding her tight as her wand struggles to get upright. Her face is hidden by her hood that you can see now as the sun sinks further down and...OOC: Go you two.
[18:33] <Kotono> * Fitzcarald changes topic to 'Fitzcarald 20/33 | Kreios 21/21 '
[18:33] <Kotono> * Kreios catches up to Fitz and casts Bless on him! OOC: range is 50 ft, centered on me, +1 bonus ATK/Saving Throws.
[18:33] <Kotono> <Fitzcarald> "Will you just listen!?" He shouts. "Do you think we're agents of Berdacci who want to kill you?! If we did we would've already done that!" He runs again - probably on the border of the Entanglement spell now. OOC: Run for 120 feet again. "You're making this much harder than it needs to be!"
[18:33] <Kotono> > OOC: Okay, we'll have to resume this...next time! It's late and I'm waiting on something from Cor so I can finish his sheet in a few.
[18:33] <Kotono> <Fitzcarald> OOC: No worries
[18:33] <Kotono> <Kreios> OOC: Sure.
[18:33] <Kotono> OOC: Early but refreshing since combat requires me to. Fitz, make sure to remember you have fast healing going.
␃03[19:05] * Nephrite is now known as Fitzcarald
␃15[19:05] <Fitzcarald> OOC: Noted, I believe I changed the topic HP to reflect that when my turn came up before.
[19:07] <Kotono> The woman's busy trying to untangle herself, but doesn't respond, at least not verbally. OOC: Kreops, are you doing anything?
[19:08] <Kreios> OOC: Just keeping up with Fitz.
[19:09] <Kotono> OOC: Okay then. Are you moving this round or just chatting, Titz?
[19:12] <Kotono> OOC: Fitz?
␃15[19:12] <Fitzcarald> OOC: Hemming and hawing, sorry.
[19:13] <Kotono> OOC: Right.
␃15[19:15] <Fitzcarald> "I am going to start walking towards you - I am not going to lay a finger on you." He says as he starts to walk through the entanglement. "Please, we aren't here to harm you or chase you down, so please, give us an opportunity to talk." OOC: Using a full-round action to try and walk through it, I think I'm still subject to the DC 20 Strength check on that?
␃15[19:16] <Fitzcarald> OOC: Oh, I guess if I succeed on a reflex check first I can avoid being entangled
[19:17] <Kotono> OOC: How far do you move first of all? You're still 180ft away last I checked.
␃15[19:18] <Fitzcarald> OOC: I thought I got to the edge of the entanglement? I moved two turns for 120, so I should've been 240 feet closer, and I think I started at 300? Unless I am just completely mistaken
[19:19] <Kotono> OOC: No, I checked, you're right. Okay. Give me ref if your'e going in, see if you get entangled or not.
␃15[19:20] <Fitzcarald> roll 1d20+6 reflex
[19:23] <Kotono> OOC: Let me get Kobot.
␃03[19:23] * Kobot has joined #dunes
[19:23] <Kobot> OOC: Here.
␃15[19:23] <Fitzcarald> roll 1d20+6 reflex
[19:23] <Kobot> Fitzcarald rolled 1d20+6 reflex --> [ 1d20=2 ]{8}
[19:24] <Kotono> You go in - and you're stopped solid. You're caought just like she is, plants and vines rising up to check your advance further. OOC: Kreois, if you're keeping up you'd reach this too. Are you moving in like he is?
[19:25] <Kreios> OOC: Hell no I wouldn't go in there.
[19:25] <Kreios> "Do you want me to stop the spell, Fitz?"
␃15[19:26] <Fitzcarald> "On the one hand, it'd be a gesture of good will." He says as he struggles against the vines himself. "On the other, it's keeping her from turning me into a piece of burnt meat, so until she decides to start talking, leave it."
[19:27] <Kotono> OOC: Okay then, in that case she's up.
[19:27] <Kotono> roll 1d20+7
[19:27] <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+7 --> [ 1d20=9 ]{16}
␃03[19:28] * Retrieving #dunes modes...
␃03[19:28] * Fitzcarald changes topic to 'Fitzcarald 21/33 | Kreios 21/21 ␏'
[19:28] <Kotono> "You annoying-" The woman cries as she tries to escape the vine sand raise her wand, but it's no good. She can't focus like this, held in place and throughly stuck - just like Fitz now. OOC: Go you two.
[19:29] <Kreios> "Look, as much as I'd be happy to drag you back, he's right. We're not exactly here to kill you. But I'll admit, you're making a good argument against that."
␃15[19:31] <Fitzcarald> "I wish you'd just listen." He says. "Do you think we're lying? Or it something else?" He asks, knowing he won't get an answer - but he tries to push himself through the entanglement.
␃15[19:31] <Fitzcarald> roll 1d20+8 be strong, fitzcarald
[19:31] <Kobot> Fitzcarald rolled 1d20+8 be strong, fitzcarald --> [ 1d20=17 ]{25}
␃15[19:32] <Fitzcarald> OOC: So I get to move 15 feet towards her with that.
[19:33] <Kotono> You're almost there now, moving through the entanglement. Enough to see the anger and panic on her face as she struggles. Fitz can see her pull against the plants as she resists, "Cancel this damned spell and we'll talk!"
␃15[19:35] <Fitzcarald> "Toss me the wand and we'll dispel it." He says. "I can't use the wand at all on you." He says as he holds up his holy symbol. "Swear on The Red Knight herself."
[19:40] <Kotono> OOC: Telling the truth?
␃15[19:41] <Fitzcarald> OOC: 100%
[19:44] <Kotono> You get a long look before she half tosses and half drops the wand. She can't really throw it far like this, but it's out of her reach and nearer to you than it is her.
␃15[19:44] <Fitzcarald> "I hope you don't have another one in your sleeve." He admits as he turns to Kreios. "Go ahead. If I end up dead for being honest then that's how the world works."
␃06[19:45] * Kreios nods, but still readies his Morning Star before releasing the spell.
␃15[19:47] <Fitzcarald> Fitzcarald, for his part, keeps his hands up and open in as a non-threatening way as possible.
[19:47] <Kotono> The spell is released, the woman freed. There's a long moment before, "You understand this is business," she finally says. "Not personal."
␃15[19:49] <Fitzcarald> "I had a feeling it was, and I'll respect that you'd be in more trouble if you told us who it was." He says. "I'll admit, I didn't think we'd make that much of a name for ourselves."
[19:50] <Kreios> "... I mean, someone trying to murder me *feels* pretty personal..."
[19:50] <Kotono> "I hadn't heard of you, but business is business," The woman remarks, "You're also annoying difficult to burn to death."
[19:50] <Kotono> "Enough coin makes anything business," Is her response, a little cold.
[19:51] <Kotono> *annoyingly
␃06[19:51] * Kreios raises an eyebrow at that.
[19:51] <Kreios> "Oh? Well then... How much coin do you have on you?"
␃15[19:52] <Fitzcarald> "Kreios." Fitzcarald interjects as he turns back to the woman. "So you've failed in your mission, correct? Doesn't that mean your client's going to be angry?"
[19:57] <Kotono> "I'm sure they'll get over it," Is her answer, "Or not. Your life may become very interesting soon, if it's not already."
[19:58] <Kotono> The woman slowly rubs her wist before she goes on, "Your type...it always ends in flames and explosions, one way or another."
␃15[20:00] <Fitzcarald> "So I've heard." He says. "Listen: You may not believe me, but... if you're ever in real trouble, come back and find me."
␃15[20:01] <Fitzcarald> "You don't seem like someone who'll get yourself into trouble you don't have a plan to get out of, but..." He shrugs. "I respect someone who's talented - I don't agree with your methods, but I respect your skill, and I wouldn't want to see you dead."
[20:03] <Kotono> You get an inscrutable look at that and then, "Unusually permissive for a holy warrior, but the laws of Finport are rather lax," she reflects. "Though I heard the one you serve is much more rigid."
␃15[20:04] <Fitzcarald> "She respects intelligence." He says. "As well as skill. I'm sure she sees this as a challenge for me to overcome and become stronger."
␃06[20:05] * Kreios shakes his head a bit at that.
[20:05] <Kotono> OOC: Perception, +1 bonus.
␃15[20:06] <Fitzcarald> OOC: Take 10 for 28!
[20:11] <Kotono> Fitzcarald staggers a moment, balance going a little off.
␃15[20:14] <Fitzcarald> He takes in a breath - blinking quickly and shaking that off with a frown. How is he supposed to interpret that?
␃06[20:15] * Kreios watches Fitz out of the corner of his eye, concerned but focused on the woman just in case.
␃15[20:16] <Fitzcarald> OOC: One moment
␃15[20:20] <Fitzcarald> "Well, Someone's taken an interest in our discourse." He says after he straightens himself back up.
␃06[20:20] * Kreios snorts.
[20:20] <Kreios> "Gods."
␃15[20:21] <Fitzcarald> "I did kind of ask for it with the whole swearing on Her and waving the symbol around." He admits.
[20:22] <Kotono> The woman grows tense and ready as  you two talk, eyeing you anew.
␃06[20:22] * Kreios stares at the woman flatly.
[20:22] <Kreios> "He's a paladin, what did you think was going to happen."
␃15[20:24] <Fitzcarald> "What I'll admit I don't understand is what I'm trying to be told." He says, honestly. "The short and sweet version of it seems to be rising up above things like being corrupted by greed. So, I'll ask you honestly: what would it take for you to turn away from a life of mercenary work?"
␃15[20:25] <Fitzcarald> He still has his hands up in the air during all of this, for the record.
[20:33] <Kotono> "Coffers richer than a dragon, a library full of lore, eternal youth and a unicorn," The last is said with a hint of sarcasm, "My life is no concern of yours, hero." She begins to step back towards her horse, "You lived. Take that as your win, rather than the trouble of a pointless trial in Finport."
[20:33] <Kreios> "I can agree with most of that, actually. Huh."
␃02[20:36] * Ebiris has quit IRC (Quit: ␏)
␃15[20:39] <Fitzcarald> He closes his eyes. "I see it as a message for you, too. To rise above those who've been drowned by greed, drowned in all the gold in Hell and other places." He says. "I pray you'll see the intelligence and wisdom in breaking away from that life. You're right, though - it isn't a concern of mine. I think the Lord of Finport would be happy enough with the assurance the problem is dealt with, which I think we can agree it is." Fitzcarald says. "It is on this day I choose mercy, in the hopes that you see a way to redemption. If that is the wrong decision, then I make it with the hopes that I have made an ally out of an enemy, and have become stronger for it."
␃06[20:39] * Kreios sighs and looks at her again.
[20:39] <Kotono> The woman turns - and makes no move to get her dropped wand. Instead she mounts her horse without a nother word and urges it on, a few flickering flames and smoke joining the last of the day's dying sunlight as she takes that chance to retreat.
␃06[20:40] * Kreios puts his gear away and scoops up the wand.
[20:40] <Kreios> "Well, maybe this'll be useful. Or we can sell it to make repairs."
␃15[20:43] <Fitzcarald> "Sell it and we can donate some of the gold." He says. "I really can't use those things, and I don't want us lobbing fireballs around anyway." He sighs. "I really hoped I could talk some sense into that one, but maybe she'll just need her own epiphany to come to her senses and turn away from her wicked ways."
[20:43] <Kreios> "In then end, it's up to the person themselves."
␃15[20:44] <Fitzcarald> "Hey, I've convinced you to be a better person." He says with a smile. "Or... well, maybe a little, anyway."
[20:45] <Kreios> "Like I said, up to the person. I mostly looking for it anyway. I quit being a pirate before we met."
␃15[20:45] <Fitzcarald> "Also, are you still on that anti-divine kick? We've got to find you someone to believe in." He says.
[20:47] <Kreios> "Hard to be anti-something that powerful. It's less being anti-divine and more anti-meddling. They're one in the same, mostly. I just want to discover more magic and become more powerful. Well, and being rich doesn't hurt."
␃15[20:49] <Fitzcarald> "Hmm..." He rubs his chin. "I'm not sure how it works if you just... pray to no one in particular, I wonder if they can all listen?"
␃15[20:50] <Fitzcarald> "There's got to be someone out there that fits the bill. I mean, right?" He asks. "There was that... uh... Godsrush or something, whatever that means... maybe someone from that."
␃06[20:50] * Kreios shrugs.
[20:51] <Kreios> "If it's meant to be, it'll happen, right? That's your whole kick, isn't it? 'Have faith.'"
␃15[20:52] <Fitzcarald> "Well, sure, but you have to have faith in something specific!" He says with a bit of a smile. "If you just have faith that 'things will work out,' well... ...nah, I'm sure that's probably Tymora's domain."
[20:53] <Kotono> OOC:  Okay, so now what since you're just chatting as fires sputter out.
␃15[20:53] <Fitzcarald> OOC: We will head back.
[20:53] <Kreios> OOC: Yarp. Been a long day.
[20:54] <Kotono> roll 1d100
[20:54] <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d100 --> [ 1d100=4 ]{4}
[20:54] <Kotono> roll 1d100 subtable
[20:54] <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d100 subtable --> [ 1d100=85 ]{85}
[20:54] <Kotono> OOC: Perception you two.
[20:54] <Kreios> roll 1d20+2 Wis no Preception
[20:54] <Kobot> Kreios rolled 1d20+2 Wis no Preception --> [ 1d20=7 ]{9}
␃15[20:56] <Fitzcarald> OOC: Take 10 for 27
[20:57] <Kotono> Hm? As you turn to go and she's gone, you notice a small bag fell from her or her horse's bags at some point. It lies on the ground, forgotten in all the combat. Very easy to miss - sharp eyes availed you here.
␃15[20:58] <Fitzcarald> "Hey, hold on." Fitz says as he leans down to grab the back. "She dropped something."
[20:58] <Kreios> "Hmm?"
␃15[20:59] <Fitzcarald> "Not sure what it is, do you have magic detection? I don't want to open it and get fireballed again." He admits as he picks it up to carry it over to Kreios' horse.
␃06[20:59] * Kreios nods and casts the spell, inspecting it.
[21:05] <Kotono> IT's not magic, whatever it is and whatever's int here.
[21:06] <Kreios> "No magic."
␃06[21:06] * Kreios opens it and peers in!
[21:09] <Kotono> Inside are three slender glass vials, each full of a blue-green liquid. You notice that these  have magic around them now that you can see them directly.
[21:11] <Kreios> "Well, these are magic. Hmm..."
[21:15] <Kotono> OOC: Doing anything with them?
␃06[21:15] * Kreios hands them over to Fitz.
␃15[21:15] <Fitzcarald> "Oh?" He asks. "Maybe poisons or something? We can sort them out when we're back if you can't identify them here."
[21:15] <Kreios> "You have that eye piece, right? That'll be better for figuring out whatever they are than anything I can do."
␃15[21:18] <Fitzcarald> "Oh, yeah." He agrees. "We'll check them when we get back."
[21:24] <Kotono> OOC: heading back then
[21:24] <Kotono> ?
[21:25] <Kreios> OOC: Yep.
[21:25] <Kotono> Thus you return back and...OOC: We'll cover more next time. Loot's up so let's sort that.
␃03[21:26] * Kreios is now known as Iddy
[23:16] <Kotono> roll 1d100
[23:16] <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d100 --> [ 1d100=63 ]{63}
[18:58] <Kotono> OOC: Okay, it's night now and it's been one heck of a day between evil mens tirring things up, fire bombs and mage assassins. Going to do anything but go home and rest?
␃15[19:01] <Fitzcarald> OOC: Nope, go back home - I'll keep an eye out for things on our way back to hopefully not get ambushed or anything.
␃03[19:01] * Retrieving #dunes modes...
␃03[19:01] * Fitzcarald changes topic to 'Fitzcarald 33/33 | Kreios 21/21 ␏'
[19:01] <Kotono> OOC: Perception because it's been that sort of a day.
␃15[19:01] <Fitzcarald> OOC: Take 10 for 27
[19:03] <Kreios> OOC: Both of us?
[19:05] <Kotono> OOC: yes.
[19:05] <Kotono> OOC: Yes, even.
[19:05] <Kreios> roll 1d20+2 Wis, no perception
[19:05] <Kobot> Kreios rolled 1d20+2 Wis, no perception --> [ 1d20=18 ]{20}
[19:07] <Kotono> Amazingly, you make it back home without incident. You're home - going to finally rest and end this crazy day?
␃15[19:08] <Fitzcarald> OOC: That sounds like a splendid idea
[19:09] <Kreios> OOC: Yep.
[19:15] <Kotono> Thus rest comes and the night passes. Okay, after that mess, what's your plans now, you two?
[19:16] <Kreios> OOC: I don't really have any, I'm sorta along for the ride. Though I do need some level of exposure to Alyssa since she's a good fit for my upcoming paladin levels.
␃15[19:17] <Fitzcarald> OOC: Let's follow up with Brune and see if the kids have had any luck seeing anything suspicious in the city. Other than that, we can just keep an eye on the various goings-on in the city, now that we're (hopefully) down one mage assassin
[19:18] <Kotono> OOC: Okay to Kreois, noted. More.
[19:19] <Kotono> Breakfast is warm bread and a bit of leftover meat. Over it Brune begins, "Do you have any preferences in your suspicious things you want to hear about?" he asks, "I got a few."
␃15[19:20] <Fitzcarald> "Whatever you think is the most relevant." Fitz says.
[19:22] <Kotono> "Well first up, that troublemaking guy stirring people up? I hear he's laying real low now after yesterday," Brune begins, "But you rained on his parade."
␃15[19:24] <Fitzcarald> Fitz wrinkles his nose. "I don't like just letting him be, especially since he's clearly the patron of someone way more evil than he lets on... but he's not doing anything illegal." He huffs at that.
[19:29] <Kotono> "Evil and illegal are two different things," Brune agrees, "Heck, most of the rich or powerful are evil and they're not in jail." After that, "There was another theft around sunset last night. Someone stole an entire barrel of berries and then one of iron scrap, and no one saw them do it."
␃15[19:30] <Fitzcarald> "...More metal and food." He says. "At least the theme's staying the same."
␃06[19:31] * Kreios nods.
[19:31] <Kreios> "We need to get a map and see if there's a pattern in the locations or something."
[19:35] <Kotono> "I'll do that," Brune says, "I think we have a map here or I'll get one. Next, we had a pair of floaters last night. Couple of merchants that got in trouble at a bar."
␃15[19:38] <Fitzcarald> "...Hm, as awful as it sounds, what's suspicious about that?" He asks.
[19:42] <Kotono> "I saw them come out. They had gold rings on their fingers still, saw the guards help themselves," Brune explains, "Happened real early, they did it sneaky but still helped themselves. Think the guards did it because of that, but think about it. A robber takes those. Most anyone does because it's free money. That's not normal for someone ending up in the sea."
␃06[19:44] * Kreios leans back.
[19:45] <Kreios> "That's sticky. Sometimes the leadership purposely turns a blind eye to that."
␃15[19:46] <Fitzcarald> "Ah... I see what you mean, they weren't robbed, they were specifically targeted." He says with a frown. "Were these merchants from Finport, or were they traveling - if you know?" He nods over to Kreios. "Yes, but if Berdacci told the guards to murder them, they'd have just taken their valuables anyway... even if he'd ordered them not to, I imagine."
␃15[19:46] <Fitzcarald> "I think we can rely on the greed of human nature to help us here." He says. "But still it raises the question of why they were targeted at all..."
[19:48] <Kreios> "Maybe didn't pay ball with under the table taxes? If they're rich and new, might have thought themselves exempt."
[19:50] <Kotono> "I don't know," Brune says, "Didn't ask questions. It stinks if you ask me. Never met a soldier who won't loot."
␃15[19:51] <Fitzcarald> "It's definitely suspicious." He agrees. "I'm not sure how we can investigate it, but the bar they went to last is probably a good starting point."
[19:55] <Kotono> "If you have time," Brune says, "Shame we didn't get the bodies first."
␃15[19:58] <Fitzcarald> "If we can find out if they were visitors or residents it'll help." He says. "If they were visiting they'd had to have been staying somewhere, and if they're residents they'd have a place." He says. "Anyway, still, it's worth investigating... no more innocent people need to die in Finport."
[20:00] <Kotono> "Well, it's up to yo uwhat you investigate," Brune says, "That's it for the odd things this morning."
␃06[20:04] * Kreios shrugs.
␃15[20:04] <Fitzcarald> He nods. "I don't think we'll get anywhere with our invisible thief unless one of your friends sees a barrel getting moved by itself."
[20:04] <Kreios> "Fitz, priority here?"
␃15[20:07] <Fitzcarald> "The only one we have much of a lead on right now is the merchants, I think." Fitz says. "We at least have a last place to investigate and ask around, though it may not be open this early." A shake of his head. "We can keep our ears peeled for any sudden thefts, too - if we hear one we might be able to track them down with the magical detection we have."
[20:08] <Kotono> OOC: Okay then, you have many things you could look into or follow up. What's your plans here? Just general because you will get an interrupt, but just looking for an idea here.
␃15[20:10] <Fitzcarald> OOC: Intent will be the bar the merchants were seen at last and ask around there.
␃15[20:11] <Fitzcarald> OOC: Secondarily keep ears peeled for 'oh no, my barrel full of nails is gone!'
[20:13] <Kotono> You find a single guard waiting outside of your home. "Sir Fitzcarald, Sir Kreois," he greets, "A message for you," he hands over a sealed envelope. "
[20:13] <Kotono> OCO: GAh.
[20:13] <Kotono> You find a single guard waiting outside of your home. "Sir Fitzcarald, Sir Kreois," he greets, "A message for you," he hands over a sealed envelope. "The seal is intact."
␃15[20:15] <Fitzcarald> He blinks a bit at that, but nods politely. "Thank you, sir." He responds. He would certainly hope the seal was intact... he takes it to look at it - there's a limited number of people who it could be from...
[20:21] <Kotono> It is. It looks to be from the desk of Berdacci.
␃15[20:22] <Fitzcarald> He will open it!
[20:26] <Kotono> It reads as follows: Rumors of a Hooded Knight have reached my ears, that this knight may come to Finport. They serve a strange new deity and travels like the wind. If you hear of them or come across them, pass word to us. Yo uwill be rewarded.
␃15[20:27] <Fitzcarald> Hm. He shows Kreios the letter. "...I don't think he's talking about our firebrand, right? That guy wasn't hooded at all." He murmurs.
␃06[20:28] * Kreios reads.
[20:28] <Kreios> "Hmm... I doubt it. New player, surely."
␃15[20:30] <Fitzcarald> He nods. "Something to keep another ear our for." He says.
[20:32] <Kreios> "So, to the bar?"
[20:33] <Kotono> The Fizzy Cow is the name of the bar. It's quiet this time of morning, the door ajar if quiet within. Looking in you see a single young woman manning the bar, no one else about. "Got a simple breakfast for a few coins," she calls, "Or booze now if you're that type." No one else is here. It's a tavern, dirty but at least decently kept. The fire is low in the hearth, warm enough to be pleasant
[20:33] <Kotono> without being stifling.
[20:34] <Kreios> "Breakfast is fine."
␃15[20:34] <Fitzcarald> "We just had breakfast." Fitzcarald says with a confused tone. "...Oh - ...Oh, yes, no, breakfast is fine." He agrees after a moment.
[20:42] <Kotono> It's some salted fish and watered ale. Nothing fancy but it's cheap, only two copper coins each. OOC: Post the expense in loot. More.
[20:44] <Kotono> Once you get food she asks, "So what do you two want?" She's a fairly normal woman, at the end of teenage years. Brown hair, brown eyes, a simple working peasant's dress. Pleasant but not pretty. Slender but not slim. She stands back and watches, waiting.
[20:44] <Kreios> "Smart girl. We were asked to look into those merchants."
␃15[20:46] <Fitzcarald> "Two of them came in last night and I guess got into some trouble and ended up dead soon after." Fitz adds.
[20:48] <Kotono> "Yeah, those two." The womans ays, "What about them?"
␃15[20:49] <Fitzcarald> "Local or travelers?" He asks.
[20:51] <Kotono> "Travelers, came in a day or two on a ship, think it was the one that came back with that pirate treasure a little while ago," she answers.
␃06[20:51] * Kreios raises an eyebrow.
␃15[20:54] <Fitzcarald> He tilts his head to the side. "Any idea what that ship was called?" He asks.
[20:54] <Kotono> "I don't know, but it was from what's his name, the one whos topped the plagues. He was on it, too," She says, "Falcon Roy?" A little thump of the sid eof he rhead.
␃15[20:55] <Fitzcarald> "I... I think you mean Fitzcarald, right?" He says as he looks over at Kreios. "...I don't remember there being any merchants on that ship with us... do you?"
␃02[20:56] * Ebiris has quit IRC (Quit: ␏)
[20:56] <Kreios> "Not really, but I didn't keep track."
␃15[20:57] <Fitzcarald> "I don't see why any would've been on there with us..." He murmurs. "So that sounds like they must've been telling people a story."
[20:58] <Kreios> "Or.. They stole a bit of treasure and showed it off."
␃15[21:00] <Fitzcarald> "That's also possible." He says. "We could check with our captain."
␃15[21:00] <Fitzcarald> He turns back to their waitress. "Had they been in here before? I'm guessing no."
[21:01] <Kotono> "Fitzcarald, was that it?" The maid frowns, rubbing her head some more, "Oh, I'll take your word for it, he must be cute." Going on from that, "Nope, never saw them before!"
␃15[21:02] <Fitzcarald> He nods. "I thought as much. So did anything happen while they were in the bar? Any fights or anything?" He asks.
[21:05] <Kotono> "Nota t first, but then some men came up. Sailors I think, talked to them and the two got mad. They were yelling about something a minute, money, and then it got ugly fast."
␃15[21:06] <Fitzcarald> Hmmmm...
␃15[21:06] <Fitzcarald> He rubs his chin a bit at that. "Interesting. Had you seen any of them before tonight?" He asks. "The sailors, I mean."
[21:11] <Kotono> "Didn't recognize them but there's lots of sailors coming in and out of port," She answers, "Big strong men. I bet they were from Arvdane. Only big men come from Arvdane!"
␃15[21:12] <Fitzcarald> "Can you give me the best description you can of the sailors?" He asks. He'll take down some notes just to be safe.
[21:16] <Kotono> "Tanned, big - about six feet. Sailors, yo ulook like one too," She says to Kreois. "Muscled. Burly.
[21:16] <Kotono> "Tanned, big - about six feet. Sailors, yo ulook like one too," She says to Kreois. "Muscled. Burly. One with a beard and black hair, the other with brown hair and just a mustasche."
[21:17] <Kreios> "Generic enough. Still, talking to the Captain is a decent place to start."
␃15[21:21] <Fitzcarald> He nods. "Thank you ma'am." He says. "Did you notice anything else out of the ordinary from last evening?"
[21:32] <Kotono> "Besides that? No," she says, "Nothing unusual besides that explosion. Do you believe that? Mages are so stupid!"
[21:33] <Kreios> "Some can be, yes..."
[21:40] <Kotono> OOC: Anything else to ask her?
[21:40] <Kreios> OOC: Not from me.
[21:44] <Kotono> OOC: Okay, Captain next then?
␃15[21:48] <Fitzcarald> OOC: Yessir
[21:49] <Kotono> OOV: Okay then, we'l go see him: Next time!

Nephrite

[19:04] <Kotono> OOC: While things are resolved and I get Kobot in chat, roll a d100 once I do, one of you. One sec to rouse Kobot.
␃03[19:05] * Kobot has joined #dunes
␃15[19:06] <Fitzcarald> roll 1d100
[19:06] <Kobot> Fitzcarald rolled 1d100 --> [ 1d100=60 ]{60}
[19:09] <Kotono> You head onto the ship. A few sailors are about, working away. Looks pretty quiet to your gaze.
␃06[19:10] * Kreios looks around for the Capitan.
␃15[19:10] <Fitzcarald> "If we don't get any information out of him, we'll ask Garen." Fitzcarald says. "He was the one who chartered the ship."
␃06[19:12] * Kreios nods.
␃15[19:18] <Fitzcarald> Fitz will also look around to see if he notices the Captain - otherwise he will just get on the ship to ask around!
[19:20] <Kotono> No sign of him. But a sailor comes up and says, "You just missed him," he says, "Got a message and headed into town for something. Think Golden Garen wanted him."
[19:21] <Kreios> "Well, that's both unfortunate and convenient."
␃15[19:21] <Fitzcarald> Fitz glances at Kreios and just nods. "To Garen's it is, then." He says with a grin.
[19:21] <Kreios> "Sounds like it."
[19:23] <Kotono> roll 1d100
[19:23] <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d100 --> [ 1d100=69 ]{69}
[19:23] <Kotono> roll 1d100
[19:23] <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d100 --> [ 1d100=31 ]{31}
[19:23] <Kotono> You reach Garen's without incident. You find Garen and the captain there soon enough, in Garen's office and in a quiet, hushed conversation that slows and stops as you two enter.
␃15[19:25] <Fitzcarald> Fitz gives a two finger salute to them both. "Sorry to barge in, but we're investigating something." He says. "I don't want to presume, but were you two talking about the 'merchants' that recently wound up dead?"
␃06[19:26] * Kreios nods to them.
[19:30] <Kotono> Garen's gaze turns to the two of you, "You're being awfully nosy, aren't you?" heasks, right to the point.
␃06[19:30] * Kreios shrugs.
[19:30] <Kreios> "Yeah, but that's what we were hired to do in this case."
␃15[19:31] <Fitzcarald> "Does that surprise you in some way?" Fitz asks good-naturedly in response with a smile. "If something is threatening Finport in some way, I want to try and stop it."
[19:40] <Kotono> "Oh, and who hired you?" Garen asks right back, "Spill. What's going on and how did you get dragged into this?"
␃15[19:45] <Fitzcarald> Fitz looks over at Kreios - they weren't actually hired by anyone! They *are* ostensibly doing some work for Berdacci though...
[19:47] <Kreios> "We've been hired to... Mmm... 'Help' the town, ostensibly. I think a certain someone wants us  where he can see us, and know what we're doing. The merchants were an incident that came across to us, so we started looking into it, and here we are."
␃15[19:48] <Fitzcarald> Well, he isn't lying! So Fitz just nods.
[19:53] <Kotono> Garen blows out a breath, "So back to being nosy," he commends wearily, "Extremely nosy.:
␃15[19:58] <Fitzcarald> "So, let's start with what we know." Fitz says. "Two merchants who were supposedly on the ship back from that cursed island ended up dead after mouthing off a bunch about what they came back with. Do you actually think they took anything? I don't see how it'd have been possible, we inventoried all of it on the way back over."
␃15[20:00] <Fitzcarald> "They got into a tussle with some burly sailors at the bar... and then got killed - but not in a way that would suggest robbery was the reason." Fitz adds.
[20:01] <Kotono> "Which means they pissed someone off," Garen says evenly, "Someone meddling in affairs about that recent island trip the two of you went on."
␃15[20:03] <Fitzcarald> "Right." He nods. "We were originally going to ask our fine Captain here if he remembered them from being on the boat at all."
[20:04] <Kreios> "... So who knew where we were going? Or found out after we got back?"
[20:18] <Kotono> "They weren't on it," The captain answers to that.
␃15[20:18] <Fitzcarald> "Did they steal anything from you, Garen?" He asks. "I'm curious what they were showing off."
[20:23] <Kotono> With a tired sigh, "Precisely." With colder eyes, "They're not a concern anymore. Our city's dear leader is busy and not inclined to deal with those two. The problem's settled."
␃15[20:26] <Fitzcarald> "I never got anywhere in life letting mysteries go unsolved." Fitz complains. "Whether you think I'm a nosy thorn in your side or not, you've helped us out, so if this is something you'd like solved, we'll solve it."
[20:30] <Kotono> "It's solved," Garen says bluntly, "Forget them. The matter's settled."
␃15[20:33] <Fitzcarald> "If that's how you feel about it." Fitz says with some resignation. "No promises if somehow this bubbles back up to the surface, though."
[20:37] <Kotono> A terse nod at that, "If that's all?" He asks, right to the point again.
␃15[20:38] <Fitzcarald> "Unless you've got some trouble you actually want some nosy people to look into." He offers.
[20:38] <Kreios> "That's all. Thanks. Keep us in mind, if you need help."
␃02[20:39] * Ebiris has quit IRC (Quit: ␏)
[20:58] <Kotono> "For now, no," Garen waves you off for the moment as...OOC: Anything to do here?
[20:59] <Kreios> OOC: not me!
␃15[21:01] <Fitzcarald> OOC: Nope
[21:05] <Kotono> ----
[21:05] <Kotono> That afternoon...
[21:10] <Kotono> Fitzcarald and Kreios are back home. A quiet lunch and a chance to rest, when there's a pounding on your door.
␃06[21:12] * Kreios sighs.
[21:13] <Kreios> "I don't suppose that's going to be enough gold to retire..."
␃15[21:13] <Fitzcarald> Fitz chuckles as he goes to open it!
[21:15] <Kotono> At the door is a warrior in heavy armor - plate and chain, a thick cloak with hood drawn up. A helmet is worn under this. "I hear," he begins, "That you're good men in a city with few of them."
␃15[21:17] <Fitzcarald> "We do our best." Fitz answers honestly. "Do you wish to come in?"
[21:17] <Kreios> "... Well, I'm a pirate. Or was."
[21:27] <Kotono> He does just that at the inviation, stepping in. "I do," he says, "I have to ask you: Did you take a journey recently and come across the undead?"
␃15[21:28] <Fitzcarald> "Yes, we did." He confirms. "I'll tell you all about it, it was pretty awful. Certainly sobered me up on needing more skill."
[21:32] <Kotono> "I have seen a vision, where something comes from that, something sealed away, and the pathways ahead are choked. Every step forward is drowned out by something dark," he goes on, "A warning, as clear as I've ever been given one."
␃15[21:33] <Fitzcarald> "Ah... the thing down there must break out somehow then." Fitz says. "It was a horror sealed down there by a champion of Lathander in death."
[21:35] <Kreios> "... Is this a Paladin thing?"
␃15[21:38] <Fitzcarald> "I don't think it requires being a Paladin to have a vision about some awful monster from Talona." Fitz says as he gets a drink for their guest. It's just water, but it's something!
[21:39] <Kotono> "It's always a paladin thing," The hooded knight retort sto you, "But that's the nature of those vows.' He takes the water and removes his helmet - 30 perhaps. A pretty face worn by premature age and scars - one across the tip of his chin, one down a cheek, another on his forehead. Plain brown hair. After drinking it, "I intend to make sure it harms not another person. Will you?"
[21:41] <Kreios> "... Well, I know what Fitz is going to do."
␃15[21:45] <Fitzcarald> "Well, when I was there, Lathander was pretty clear that I wasn't strong enough to face it." He says. "I've been spending my time in town trying to learn more and gain some power while helping people so I could one day face it."
␃15[21:45] <Fitzcarald> "I mean, I'm all in for fighting awful things." Fitz says. "But if I need to get stronger, then that's what I'll do."
[21:58] <Kotono> "Good! I came here hoping to find a few to collaborate with. Allies against that should it happen." Is the answer.
␃15[22:03] <Fitzcarald> "So, if you don't mind my asking... What'd you do to get the attention of the leader of Finport?" Fitz asks.
␃15[22:05] <Fitzcarald> He takes out the letter they were given the other day and slides it over. "I mean, if you claim to not be this person I can't really say otherwise." He says with a shrug.
[22:05] <Kotono> He begins to speak and tells you...next time! OOC: It's late and we got this reoriented. To next Thursday and more plot.

Nephrite

[18:58] <Kotono> "I intercepted some of his incoming treasure," He explains, "Ill gotten gains gladly put to better uses. Men such as that never take such things well, no matter how much they always have. They always need more. They become bloate don wealth while others waste away with nothing." Tension, the tightening of his body. "A man who's never known what it's like to be hungry for days or the taste of
[18:58] <Kotono> trash over scavenged food."
[18:59] <Kreios> "That's certainly the sort of talk that'll get you followers. Truth to it, also. But I know many pirates who started like that only to become that, themselves."
␃15[19:00] <Fitzcarald> "There's a fine line between wealth and greed." Fitz agrees.
[19:02] <Kotono> "So he and his object." Is the conclusion. "But there's a village from here, two weeks away, that won't know hunger for a long time now. That's a healthy, strong path ahead for many people."
␃06[19:03] * Kreios nods.
[19:03] <Kreios> "As long as they don't backslide."
␃15[19:05] <Fitzcarald> "But, realistically, we have to tread a fine line." He adds. "If Berdacci commands you to be under arrest, you'll be in a bit of trouble. However... to your point, I think there may be some ways around that. I've heard rumor of bandits on the roads - if we take care of them, I think he'd have trouble casting shadow on your name. Basically, instead of hiding, I suggest the opposite - standing out and doing such good things that even his guardsmen may think twice about trying anything. But... well, I don't want to force that upon you - it's just a suggestion to use the laws of Finport in our favor."
[19:07] <Kotono> "I don't plan to stay forever," The man shakes his head at that, "That vision is what brought me here. I have business, Berdacci can be another day's trouble. A few guards are hardly an impediment."
␃15[19:08] <Fitzcarald> Fitzcarald nods. "I understand. So what do you plan, then?" He asks.
[19:13] <Kotono> "To do something, to get strong enough if needs must," Is his answer, "And to meet those I saw that vision and see if they were the same."
␃15[19:15] <Fitzcarald> He nods. "A noble goal to be sure. Do you mind telling me more about this vision?" He asks.  "You mentioned others you saw."
[19:19] <Kotono> "It wasn't clear on what exactly it was, but the meaning was obvious. A thing of the undead, a horror that would come and drown out all the steps with death. Did you glimpse any of its nature?"
␃02[19:21] * Ebiris has quit IRC (Quit: ␏)
␃15[19:21] <Fitzcarald> He nods. "Sort of. Let me go into as much detail as I can..." He begins - then explains about the island - the sheer amount of undead that was there, the giant, and the underground path they found with the fallen guardian of Lathander in it. He further explains the vision -he- received from the Morninglord about being too weak to fight the nightmare of Talona's and the enchantment on the equipment to keep it pristine and unmolested.
[19:26] <Kotono> "I doubt myself changes that as of now," Is his answer after, "Thus, more strength is needed. You're a man of the seas," His attention turns to Kreios, "What say you of this? You would know well the paths of the seas and the difficulties - for something to be able to leave that island on its own would make it a fearsome thing. Few creatures can so easily overcome the hungry ocean."
[19:29] <Kreios> "Navigation alone would imply either intelligence or... tracking... Of something in the treasure. There was no ship on the island that we saw, so they'd either have to build one or capture one. Or have another way of getting across the water... Nothing in that implies anything less than significant power. And then getting past the Cyclopes that's on the island? Absolutely, anything that can do all of that would devastate
[19:29] <Kreios> anything in its path once it hit the mainland." 
[19:31] <Kotono> "There's that level of creature there. A guardian?" Is the question, "That suggests its strength even more."
␃06[19:31] * Kreios nods.
[19:31] <Kreios> "We had to sneak past it. It's absolutely the top of the food chain there."
␃15[19:32] <Fitzcarald> "It is definitely a mystery as to how that giant even came to be there." He says. "A rather unusual number of shocker lizards as well."
[19:35] <Kotono> "Small vermin, but troublesome in groups," Is the reflective answer back, a hand stroking his chin, "That suggests some level of protection there - whatever it is may not like lightning."
␃15[19:37] <Fitzcarald> "The mace was enchanted with lightning as well." Fitzcarald says. "So I think you're onto something."
[19:37] <Kreios> "Can't say I know any lightning magic yet. No scrolls for it yet."
[19:42] <Kotono> "A mace?" He asks, "Do yo ustill have it?"
␃06[19:42] * Kreios pulls out his Morning Star.
[19:42] <Kreios> "This, not a mace."
␃15[19:43] <Fitzcarald> "No, when I touched it - it shocked me." He says. "I left it there out of respect... but also because it hurt a lot to touch!"
[19:43] <Kreios> OOC: I dunno why but my brain completely skipped the enchanted mace line.
[19:47] <Kotono> "Ah, I see." Is the answer you get, "So that mace is still there?"
␃15[19:47] <Fitzcarald> He nods. "Yes, along with the armor of the champion." He confirms. "I imagine it's partially responsible for keeping the horror in check."
[19:49] <Kreios> "... I wonder."
[19:49] <Kreios> "What if the statue was originally there as a ward, too? But whatever was there corrupted it? It could do the same to the mace and armor, if so?"
␃15[19:51] <Fitzcarald> "It's possible." He says. "There was that awful other thing that was hiding in that pit. It might've been an adventurer that got killed by it and became a thrall."
[19:54] <Kotono> "Then the first step would be to learn more," Is what he reckons, "You can't wait a path without knowledge - the more, the better."
[19:54] <Kreios> "I agree. But I feel like that means we have to go back to the island."
[20:01] <Kotono> "It seems to be the best move forward - and better than staying in Finport," Is his answer back, "Or someone needs to go who can study it, at least.":
␃15[20:01] <Fitzcarald> "I'm not sure how much we'd learn - we explored that island rather thoroughly." He says, then blinks. "Wait a moment. I think I forgot about this..." He stands up and walks off for a moment, before he returns with a handful of coins and a purple gemstone. "I forgot about these. Do these help any?" OOC: These came from the mummified corpses we found on the island - I don't think they got lumped in with the other treasures we found in that pit. If they did then I'll strike this line. Assuming I didn't go and forget them, I'll do an Identify on the gemstone if it's magical, and Appraise for 22 on the rest since I don't think I did that before.
[20:07] <Kotono> OOC: Does the loot topic say?
␃15[20:08] <Fitzcarald> OOC: It doesn't, which is why I bring it up! Here's the loot link: https://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php?msg=1198486 I didn't see it mentioned on the next page.
[20:10] <Kotono> OOC: We'll say yes since it oesn't say.
[20:11] <Kotono> It looks to be a purple gemstone - an amethyist to your guess but you'd want to have it checked by a professional. You'd say it's worth a few hundred gold.
␃15[20:15] <Fitzcarald> "It's mostly the coins I thought were relevant - the sun symbol on them in hindsight might have a deeper connection to Lathander in some way." He says.
[20:16] <Kotono> "It could be so," Is his answer, "Lathanderites often stamp coins they mint with suns. That's a good place to start looking, at the least."
[20:16] <Kreios> "Hmm... Are there any Lethander priests in town?"
␃15[20:21] <Fitzcarald> "I doubt there are any in Finport." Fitz says. "I'm not sure where there would be any."
[20:22] <Kotono> "Not in Finport," A shake of his head, "Good people usually don't last long here."
[20:26] <Kreios> "Mmm... Sending a message to the closest church for one would likely take weeks. Ideas?"
␃15[20:27] <Fitzcarald> "Finport sees a decent number of travelers." He says. "We can just ask around town and see if anyone knows of any within decent traveling distance."
[20:28] <Kreios> "Garen might know something, too. Since the statue was involved, he might be willing to help in some way."
[20:28] <Kotono> "To see if fortune favors our path that blatantly," Is the agreement you get.
␃15[20:31] <Fitzcarald> He nods. "Garen might know as well." He says. "I doubt we should show up asking with our good friend in tow, though."
[20:36] <Kreios> "Oh? Why do you think Garen wouldn't like another paladin around?"
[20:37] <Kotono> "Garen? I've heard of him but only in passing," Is his question, "Tell me more about him."
␃15[20:39] <Fitzcarald> "I still haven't figured him out." He says. "He's one of Waukeen's, but... I think he errs a bit more onto the selfish side of her benevolence. I think the lures of Finport's... ways have had an impact on him. Honestly, if we never came back from that trip, I don't think he was going to cry about it."
[20:41] <Kotono> "More enraptured with gold than good," Is his answer, "Many are. No matter, best if I not meet him then. He might guess who I am or know my face."
[20:41] <Kreios> "Well, at the least he'll understand urgency based around a prophetic vision."
␃15[20:46] <Fitzcarald> "We don't need to mention the vision, we can just say we're looking for a Lathanderite." He says.
[20:47] <Kotono> "Then..." OOC: So what's your plan here, real quick?
[20:51] <Kreios> OOC: I guess ping Garen for a Lethanderite?
␃15[20:53] <Fitzcarald> OOC: Let's go ask Garen first, then we can ask around town as a backup
[20:54] <Kotono> OOC: Sure. More.
[20:55] <Kotono> You meet with Garen, who is just relaxing with a cup of tea. His eyes open as you come in, "Waukeen says there's no such thing as bad pennies, but some do bring trouble and they keep turning up."
␃06[20:56] * Kreios chuckles.
[20:56] <Kreios> "Goes both ways, we keep finding reasons to talk to you. Maybe we're each other's bad penny."
[20:58] <Kotono> A long drink of his tea before it's put aside, "Does this involve the dead again?" he asks, sounding tired and more than a bit nervous, tension coming to him. "Or anything to do with Talona or plague?"
␃15[21:01] <Fitzcarald> "It does not." Fitz says with a smile. Well, he's mostly right, anyway. "We're looking for someone with a connection to Lathander. I wasn't sure if you'd heard of any."
[21:02] <Kotono> "They come and go," Is his answer, "Some try to establish here, but it rarely lasts long," His expression slowly relaxes at that, "More than a few end up as floaters. Strange how life and the dawn ends up face down for the dawn here."
[21:03] <Kreios> "Mmm. Know if any are in town? Or where the nearest temple is?"
␃15[21:04] <Fitzcarald> "We're definitely not trying to establish a church here." Fitz promises him.
[21:12] <Kotono> "You'd have to ask around. It's been a..." A long pause, "It's been a complicated day. Nothing to do with any of you, directly at least. But I haven't heard of any making noise, but that doesn't mean there's none here."
␃06[21:12] * Kreios nods.
[21:12] <Kreios> "Sounds like a rough day. Need help or just good luck and a stiff drink?"
[21:17] <Kotono> "I have that part done," He holds up his tea, "But if you want to find a Lathaderite, you'd best get to work on that."
␃06[21:17] * Kreios nods.
␃15[21:20] <Fitzcarald> "Thanks, Garen." He says. "Sorry to bother you again. You know where to find us if you need us." He adds before he bows to him politely and heads out!
[21:23] <Kotono> OOC: Going to go GI around to try and find someone then?
␃03[21:24] * Kobot has joined #dunes
␃15[21:25] <Fitzcarald> OOC: Yessir
␃15[21:26] <Fitzcarald> OOC: Take 10 for 21
[21:27] <Kreios> OOC: I'd help, but I have no ranks.
[21:29] <Kotono> OOC: Okay. d100 as well, one of you.
␃15[21:29] <Fitzcarald> roll 1d100
[21:29] <Kobot> Fitzcarald rolled 1d100 --> [ 1d100=12 ]{12}
[21:35] <Kotono> Thus you and find out...next time!

Nephrite

18:57] <Kotono> It takes some talking, but you soon hear from a fishmonger who heard from a woman who heard from a friend that there's one lingering outside of Finport.
␃15[18:59] <Fitzcarald> Huh, that's kind of suspicious, but he will go head to look! Maybe it's with all those people mingling outside who've been there for a few days?
␃06[19:00] * Kreios follows along!
[19:01] <Kotono> Heading on out isn't hard. The normal array of tents and similar are outside of Finport as the morning goes on. What's your plan for finding this Lathanderite?
␃15[19:02] <Fitzcarald> He'll ask around again! Surely if there is one and someone heard about it, these folks would know. Other than that, he'll also keep an eye out for any sun-themed outfits or holy symbols!
[19:04] <Kotono> OOC: Perception both of you.
[19:05] <Kreios> roll 1d20+2 no per
[19:05] <Kreios> OOC: BETRAYAL
[19:10] <Kotono> OOC: One sec, problem on this side with Kobot.
␃03[19:11] * Kobot has joined #dunes
[19:11] <Kreios> roll 1d20+2 no per
[19:11] <Kobot> Kreios rolled 1d20+2 no per --> [ 1d20=17 ]{19}
␃15[19:11] <Fitzcarald> OOC: Take 10 for 27
[19:15] <Kotono> You search a little time. Eventually, you come to a tent near the very edge, one that flies a little pennant with a golden sun on it.
␃15[19:24] <Fitzcarald> Fitzcarald will head into it, clearing his throat as he will pull the tarp back. "Excuse me," he says as he goes to enter. OOC: Just priming this for next time.