News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

The Road to Ahms 02

Started by Corwin, December 22, 2023, 11:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

19:08 <•Kotono> It's early and it's going to be a sunny summer day. Thus all of you begin to gather together to begin your journey, a carriage to transport all of you and...OOC: Go ahea dnd set yourself up, I'll play off that.
19:11 <Skaya> With dimensional storage the space inside isn't overtaken by their food and supplies, but it's certainly a snug fit. Four people inside, two people driving the carriage... if they happen to rescue a maiden from bandits she'll just have to sit on someone's knees.
19:11 <Skaya> "Have you made any individual purchases?" Skaya asks the girls, dressed comfortably for travel. The guys are the ones handling the horses as they head out, though they will do it in shifts later, obviously.
19:16 <•Kotono> Marken and Regis drive the carriage for now, leaving Sanda, yourself, Rina and Anne inside. Sanda's dressed in a traveling dress and with a heavy belt with pouches, her staff resting nearby. Anne is dressed similarly, save for a breastplate, greaves and bracers. The breastplate has the same symbol you've seen before, of a hand holding a ball of light within. She has a flute and a mace hanging
19:16 <•Kotono> from her belt. Joining her is Rina, dressed as she usually is and ready for battle. "Everything's taken care of," Sanda says, "Ladies?"
19:16 <•Kotono> "All done," Anne declares.
19:17 <•Kotono> "Even if you - or any other cleric - looks like a walking advertisement with that breastplate." Rina drawls. "Doesn't that give the enemies somewhere to aim for?"
19:18 <•Kotono> "Faith is the unseen armor that protects us all," Anne answers, then after a beat, "As well as stronger armoring there."
19:20 <Skaya> "There's actually been a great deal of debate about the nature of female breastplates," Skaya is all too happy to interject. "Ah, I'm not talking about that weird angelic material that leaves gaps on purpose with magic."
19:23 <•Kotono> "I can't speak to whatever that is," Anne says, "Nor that debate, but it's practical docrtine to reinforce decorated breastplates over the decoration. It's an adamantine and iron alloy there." Anne remarks, "But what debate?"
19:24 <•Kotono> "Ahem," Sanda clears her throat, "Is it a breastplate or a BREASTplate." A clearing of her throat after. "Or am I wrong?"
19:25 — Skaya grins. "You've actually both touched upon it! Do we go for a practical style or for the embellishment? There's nothing wrong with the latter, given how male full body armor is often made. But as Miss Anne has said, the places where the weapons get funneled might look to be in danger, but they're also the ones most reinforced. So isn't that fine?"
19:28 <•Kotono> "It's all silliness," Rina looks out the window as the streets of Mellanics pass, heading towards the eastern gates out. The noise of shopping and living, of life in the city being left behind for a time. "And it's men that so obsess over those, we should do better than that."
19:29 <•Kotono> "Oh, such matters aren't my concern," Anne counters, "Practicality for me, including this. It's practical for me to wear this," She taps the symbol on her breastplate.
19:29 <Skaya> "Nah, girls like aesthetics just fine. Ah, I wonder if I should just get some armor. It'd be a pain to fight in one, but it'd also be a pain if someone ruined my shirt...."
19:30 <•Kotono> "Or your chest. Or your heart. Or your lungs," Sanda says evenly, "Statistically, any wound to the chest is critical to fatal."
19:30 <Skaya> "I made arrangements for that! But I only have so many stylish spare shirts!"
19:31 <•Kotono> "As have I. Should I fall, I have hope for what awaits me," Anne says, then with a smile, "But I don't spend money on fancy shirts, tunics or dresses, anyway."
19:32 <•Kotono> "Only armor," Rina snarks, "Which costs more than a good many fancy shirts."
19:33 <Skaya> "This is true. I looked into prices for barding and it's even more ridiculous than the feed! Seriously, it's like double the price of a horse for a measly improvement that also slows them down considerably!"
19:33 <•Kotono> "Can you put a price on life?" Anne remarks, "I've taken a dozen arrows here," She taps the symbol on her chest, right over her heart.
19:34 <•Kotono> "Yes, if it's armor," Sanda answers right back,  "But the markup on barding is exoberant. Of course, blame Tempus for that and the demand."
19:34 <•Kotono> OOC: Perception.
19:35 <Skaya> "With regard to barding, I figured that if I don't make our horses look in any way combat-ready, any attacker would wish to seize them as loot and avoid hurting them. We could've actually afforded it if we got it over other stuff."
19:35 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6
19:35 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6 --> [ 1d20=15 ]{21}
19:39 <•Kotono> Distantly, obscured by the carriage and the noise of movement, you can hear Marken murmur, "No, just girlish matters. Now focus on the road, Regis, rather than your ears."
19:39 <•Kotono> "Then we'll have more bandits to chastise at worst," Anne reflects, "That's not an imposition if it saves others and brings hope."
19:43 <Skaya> A mean person would probably pretend to engage in some skinship, but is there any reason to mess with Regis? There isn't. Unless she catches him trying to sneak to places he's not supposed to be at.
19:43 <Skaya> "Actually, speaking of bandits and ambushes. I think we should go with three shifts of two hours at night, and rotate it so everyone gets a decent, uninterrupted sleep every other day. But maybe we could use the Alarm spell as well?" She glances over at Sanda. "Would that eat into your resources too much?"
19:49 <•Kotono> "I can manage that, but why not both?" Sanda says, "By the odds, a single measure of security will fail often enough that the lack of a secondary option is a critical concern."
19:50 <•Kotono> "Do you even know that spell?" Rina asks at that.
19:50 <•Kotono> "I'm a shopkeeper. Of course I know that spell," Sanda answers right back.
19:50 <Skaya> "Ah, I obviously was speaking about both," Skaya affirms. "Magic can be circumvented, but having it would make things far more secure. Also, convenient!"
19:54 <•Kotono> "Then I have no problem with it," Sanda agrees, as your journey begins in earnest and...
19:54 <•Kotono> roll 1d100
19:54 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d100 --> [ 1d100=27 ]{27}
19:54 <•Kotono> roll 1d100
19:54 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d100 --> [ 1d100=36 ]{36}
19:55 <•Kotono> Afternoon. Lots of plains going by as you make time. It's currently yourturn to be at the horses with one other person - who do you want that person to be?
19:59 <Skaya> "How's the trip so far?" Skaya asks Rina as they sit up front and handle the horses. Since Skaya knows how to do anything and everything, she decided to brush up on some practical expertise, though Rina is always welcome to take the reins from her later.
20:02 <•Kotono> It's sunny, warm and summery. Rina pauses to drink from her waterskin before, "Boring so far. My legs get restless like this." She admits, "But it's faster than walking."
20:03 <Skaya> "If you want you could hop out and dash behind the carriage for a while," Skaya immediately proposes. "I think you could keep up for a while!"
20:08 <•Kotono> You get a flat look back, "At least you aren't telling me that statistically, I have better odds of facing down a pair of dire wolves."
20:10 <Skaya> "Well, that's actually true...."
20:17 <•Kotono> Rina sighs deeply, "I'm going to go through an entire keg by the time this trip is done."
20:18 — Skaya grins at her. "I didn't purchase any alcohol, though. Because I don't know how any of you act while drunk."
20:21 <•Kotono> A grimace at that before a few words best not repeated, then a long, tired look.
20:23 <Skaya> "I'm a cheerful drunk, myself. Rejoice! You'll probably get to see it on this trip. How about you? Are you a sad drunk? A quiet drunk?"
20:28 <•Kotono> "They say I'm a happy drunk," Rina answers, "Though often it ends with morning embarrassment."
20:30 <Skaya> "If it's just some embarrassment then isn't that fine?"
20:36 <•Kotono> There's a pause before, "I suppose," Rina says, then quickly, "Still though, if this journey is only borning, then it is a good one."
20:37 <Skaya> "I guarantee it won't stay boring. While I believe in people's good nature, those we'll inevitably come across are predisposed to be terrible people, after all."
20:42 <•Kotono> "It shouldn't," Rina agrees, "But then again, we weren't ever meant to hav ea civil war."
20:45 <Skaya> "Think things have been resolved enough that another wouldn't happen in this generation?"
20:48 <•Kotono> "I hope so, but I'm just a warrior," Rina says after a long pause, "And if it does, the nations around us will feast on the corpse of Laremy."
20:50 <Skaya> "Wow, it didn't take us long to get this gloomy," Skaya says in amazement she doesn't have to feign one bit. "Hobbies! I like to read and I enjoy magic and tea. What are yours?"
20:54 <•Kotono> "Sewing and games. The various strategy games those of Tempus use are enjoyable," Rina answers, looking out ahead at the plains and the quiet road, the dust of it just enough to be noticable. "Though I'm not great at any of them.
20:55 <Skaya> "Hardly anyone competes with them seriously or plays them for a living, so that's fine! I dabble in some games as well, but there is one I just despise. It's annoying how it's held as an indication of intellect and tactical acumen. But what if you're just bad at it? Maybe you just don't like it, right?"
20:58 <•Kotono> "Or you're smart in other ways," Rina goes right on, "But they look at you like you're some silly girl dressing up as a warrior before going back to your husband!"
20:58 <Skaya> "Wow, that actually happens to adventurer women? I really had no idea!"
21:01 <•Kotono> "Not all that commonly, but there's one there," Rina's voice darkens, "If I ever meet him on a battlefield..."
21:02 <Skaya> "Yeah, there's always this guy. Everywhere!"
21:06 <•Kotono> "Everywhere!" Rina seconds, "With his brooding looks and his annoying too perfect smirk as he wins again, again and again! The worst part is that he's handsome! How is that in any way fair?"
21:07 <Skaya> "Listen, Rina! There are handsome and beautiful people everywhere! Even if someone looks pretty but their personality is terrible, it won't be hard to find someone better!"
21:11 <•Kotono> "It isn't," Rina agrees, "What I want to do is beat him, first at those games then in a battle, then make his smug face live with that loss the rest of his life!"
21:12 — Skaya tilts her head as she considers this. "Sure, that's doable. But how about beating him up and then making him play? Or maybe like that game I heard about once, fighting chess!"
21:22 <•Kotono> "Fighting chess?" Is the answer you get back.
21:24 <Skaya> "Right! It was all the rage on Limbo a while back. So you and your opponent beat the tar out of each other for nine minutes, then spend the same time playing speed chess. It's alternating round of mayhem! Ah, by the way, checkmate and knockout are both equally valid methods to win."
21:26 <•Kotono> "Limbo?" A question to that, "I...that sounds insane."
21:27 <Skaya> "Fun, though! Just imagine it. Train as hard as you can on your combat skills, bring him down during a combat round, but keep him hanging. Then crush him in chess! Best of both worlds!"
21:35 <•Kotono> "I have so many questions." Rina finally says, "So many."
21:35 <Skaya> "Ask them! We're here for hours!"
21:40 <•Kotono> WIth that the afternoon passes and...how are you setting up for the night, defenses wise, real quick?
21:42 <Skaya> As they've discussed, there would be three shifts of two hours each, and an alarm spell on top of that. Anne, Regis and Skaya day one, Marken, Rina and Sanda day 2 and so on.
21:49 <•Kotono> OOC: Very workable. We'll pikck up here next time since it's almost pausin' time.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

19:31 <•Kotono> roll 1d100
19:31 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d100 --> [ 1d100=96 ]{96}
19:31 <•Kotono> roll 1d100 subtables
19:31 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d100 subtables --> [ 1d100=10 ]{10}
19:33 <•Kotono> OOC: Quick question, you have darkvision or low-light?
19:35 <Skaya> OOC: darkvision 60
19:35 <•Kotono> OOC: Right, thanks.
19:36 <•Kotono> You awaken to a cry of, "Bandits!" from Anne, a loud and clear call to battle.
19:38 <Skaya> That cry cuts through her dream of exploring the plane of sweets, so when Skaya wakes up she's fairly grumpy. Happily, some bandits have just volunteered themselves as stress relief!
19:39 <•Kotono> OOC: Quick and obvious question, where were you sleeping?
19:40 <Skaya> OOC: A tent by the carriage
19:45 <•Kotono> You emerge from your tent in a hurry. The party's tents are in a circle around a campfire, the wagon and horses nearby. The fire provides enough light to see the immediate area and what's going on. Anne is facing a pair of men in rough, mismatching scraps of armor. Her mace parries a sword as she fights. Regis and Rina are already up, rushing towards the horses and a handful of bandits going
19:45 <•Kotono> for them. Sanda is by her tent, making strange gestures that you know to be spellcasting. Marken is just visible to the side, weaponless but tackling a bandit down. Amid all of this, more figures glimpsed farther ahead, what are you going to do?
19:49 <Skaya> While it would be nice to take all of the bandits down, they can't be assured of that with their forces. So in that case, Skaya should prioritize their safety and reducing the bandit numbers! Regis and Rina should be fine, and Sanda is doing the sensible thing, being a wizard out of melee. She's so proud!
19:49 <Skaya> It seems like a choice between Anne and Marken, but Anne's been ready  and she's armored so she should be fine for a bit longer. Marken is without a sword, but he brought his opponent down, so Skaya decides to help him put that bandit down and give Marken a chance to arm himself first of all!

Corwin

19:05 <•Kotono> OOC: In that case rolli nit first of all.
19:05 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6
19:05 <•Kotono> OOC: Incoming
19:05 <•Kotono> .
19:05 → Kobot joined (~dunefar@lunarnet-82C188CE.hr.hr.cox.net)
19:06 <Kobot> OOC: I'm here!
19:06 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6
19:06 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6 --> [ 1d20=11 ]{17}
19:06 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+5 Marken
19:06 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+5 Marken --> [ 1d20=15 ]{20}
19:06 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+1
19:06 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+1 --> [ 1d20=9 ]{10}
19:07 <•Kotono> OOC: Init is Marken (20) > Skaya (17) > Thug (10)
19:07 <•Kotono> Before you can reach the battle, Marken slams his forehead down hard in a powerful headbutt.
19:07 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+5
19:07 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+5 --> [ 1d20=12 ]{17}
19:07 <•Kotono> roll 1d6+2
19:07 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d6+2 --> [ 1d6=5 ]{7}
19:08 <•Kotono> The headbutt slams into the soft face bits of the thug, who  suddenly has a nose that pours blood and seems completely dazed, as...OOC: Go.
19:09 <Skaya> Already committed to this course of action, Skaya swiftly arrives and after positioning herself optimally, kicks down at the thug!
19:09 <Skaya> roll 1d20+8 (flanking, +4 more if prone)
19:09 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+8 (flanking, +4 more if prone) --> [ 1d20=9 ]{17}
19:09 <Skaya> roll 1d6+3
19:09 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d6+3 --> [ 1d6=6 ]{9}
19:16 <•Kotono> A good, heavy kick that smacks the thug right in the side of the head. He goes still at that, the one-two enough to leave him down and out. The sounds of battle are around you - you hear Anne cry out as her mace slams into the throat of a bandit, downs him and most likely sends him to what awaits beyond this life. At the same time  a gap in her armor is found, another thug stabbing deep into
19:16 <•Kotono> her side.  Meanwhile, Marken springs to his feet, "Thank you," he breathes out, "Do you have a weapon on you?"  Regis and Rina are opposing the horse thieves, an ugly and brutal melee battle of need. Then two of those horse thieves collapse into sleep, Sanda's spell complete. More are coming as well - a fiveset of bandits, a sixth leading them. This one is bigger and with a heavy two hander
19:16 <•Kotono> sword lugged along, leading a charge towards Anne's battle.
19:19 <Skaya> A truly ridiculous question for anyone who was sleeping just then, except she has a dimensional storage item! "Sai, kama or siangham? What's your favorite?" she asks tersely, taking in the situation.
19:21 <•Kotono> "Sai," He chooses nigh instantly, a hand out and ready to move forward. "We'll have to trust Sanda can support Rina and Regis."
19:24 — Skaya tosses her sai to Marken and beelines to Anne with a nod! But she's decided to be a bit more intimidating, so a pair of magic missiles shoot off towards the remaining bandit by Anne and she slips into place to distract him afterwards.
19:24 <Skaya> roll 2d4+2
19:24 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 2d4+2 --> [ 2d4=6 ]{8}
19:25 <Skaya> OOC: If I get attacked by the group of six, I'll use inspiration on cunning insight
19:25 <•Kotono> OOC: Okay. More.
19:26 <•Kotono> That bandit goes down hard, the twin missiles whirling as they slam into him. The burst knocks him back an ddown, not getting up. As Anne's side stains red she turns to the other six coming at her, a resolute look on her face. "Bring hope or die trying," she declares, a hand going to her side as...OOC: Init anew.
19:26 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6
19:26 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6 --> [ 1d20=20 ]{26}
19:26 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+5 Marken
19:26 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+5 Marken --> [ 1d20=6 ]{11}
19:27 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+2 Anne
19:27 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+2 Anne --> [ 1d20=4 ]{6}
19:27 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+1 normal thugs
19:27 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+1 normal thugs --> [ 1d20=15 ]{16}
19:27 <•Kotono> roll 1d20 lead thug
19:27 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20 lead thug --> [ 1d20=20 ]{20}
19:28 <•Kotono> Init is Skaya (26) > Lead Thug (20) > Normal Thugsx5 (16) > Marken (11) > Anne (6)
19:28 <•Kotono> OOC: Open, one sec.
19:31 <Skaya> Since she's protecting Anne and giving her a chance to get a breather, Skaya opts for total defense! But she doesn't forego a disdainful scoff at the rushing bandits, adding incitingly, "Trash is trash whether it's six or six hundred. This is your one chance to surrender and retain your lives."
19:33 <•Kotono> OOC: For giggles, give me a diplomacy or intimidation check, your choice of which.
19:33 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6 scary
19:33 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6 scary --> [ 1d20=17 ]{23}
19:38 <•Kotono> That actually gets them to pause a moment. Just a moment before they resume, but the initiative is lost for them. OOC: That drops them out of the round. Marken and Anne.
19:39 <•Kotono> Marken moves to shield Anne, who chants, "Bringer of Hope, let the light above heal my wounds," she intones.
19:39 <•Kotono> roll 1d8+3
19:39 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d8+3 --> [ 1d8=2 ]{5}
19:39 <•Kotono> Her wound mostly heals, the bleeding turning to a trickle.  OOC: Go.
19:39 <Skaya> OOC: How far away are they?
19:44 <•Kotono> OOC: 15ft.
19:44 <Skaya> "Not coming here? Then I will go to you!" Skaya declares, flashing towards the leader!
19:44 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6+4 cunning insight, stunning fist
19:44 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6+4 cunning insight, stunning fist --> [ 1d20=2 ]{12}
19:45 <Skaya> OOC: Incidentally, I have combat reflexes so if anyone dashes past me towards Anne and Marken, I want to smack them
19:47 <•Kotono> OOC: Suire.
19:47 <•Kotono> You meet the leader and blade meets fist. He manages to reject your blow soundly, hsi counterattack immediate as he grins. "Then come to me to be cut down!" he cries, swinging down hard in return.
19:48 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+4
19:48 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+4 --> [ 1d20=17 ]{21}
19:48 <•Kotono> OOC: AC?
19:48 <Skaya> OOC: 20 since I said I would use Cunning Defense
19:48 <•Kotono> roll 2d6+3 rotten luck
19:48 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 2d6+3 rotten luck --> [ 2d6=5 ]{8}
19:54 <•Kotono> The sword comes down hard and fast, and your fron tis cut open. Blood and pain war within you from the blow, as meanwhile the melee is joined by the others, Marken and Anne with their own problems now. You're aware of it as...OOC: HP?
19:54 <•Kotono> roll 2#1d20+2 Marken
19:54 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 2#1d20+2 Marken --> [ 1d20=2 ]{4}, [ 1d20=11 ]{13}
19:54 <•Kotono> roll 2#1d20+2 Anne
19:54 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 2#1d20+2 Anne --> [ 1d20=18 ]{20}, [ 1d20=16 ]{18}
19:55 <Skaya> OOC: 15/23
19:57 <•Kotono> roll 2d6+2 Anne owwies
19:57 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 2d6+2 Anne owwies --> [ 2d6=4 ]{6}
19:57 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+2 forgot the third Anne
19:57 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+2 forgot the third Anne --> [ 1d20=3 ]{5}
19:57 <Skaya> OOC: If they all rushed past me towards them, do I get to AoO them? At least some? I did rush to  their midst.
19:58 <•Kotono> OOC: Sure, feel free to take 'em. That's a good point.
19:58 <Skaya> roll 5#1d20+6 take as many as you think I could've hit reasonably
19:58 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 5#1d20+6 take as many as you think I could've hit reasonably --> [ 1d20=1 ]{7}, [ 1d20=13 ]{19}, [ 1d20=10 ]{16}, [ 1d20=5 ]{11}, [ 1d20=15 ]{21}
19:58 <Skaya> OOC: Wait, my bad. Just the first two.
19:59 <•Kotono> OOC: One of the two htis, the second. Roll damage.
20:00 <•Kotono> OOC: Third hits too if it matters.
20:00 <Skaya> OOC: It does, sorry. First three.
20:01 <Skaya> roll 2#1d6+3
20:01 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 2#1d6+3 --> [ 1d6=3 ]{6}, [ 1d6=4 ]{7}
20:04 <•Kotono> As one rushes towards you towards Anne, a quick one-two of blows downs him, his body collapsing to the ground. It's triumph as Anne is wounded, slashed across the face and side. She's hanging in there even with her cheek bleeding, as Marken holds his own and desprately dodges, then...
20:05 → Iddy joined (uid408070@lunarnet-1BB5E9E.uxbridge.irccloud.com)
20:05 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+2
20:05 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+2 --> [ 1d20=2 ]{4}
20:06 <•Kotono> Suddenly the bandit you faces collapses, snoring away softly. Magic takes him as meanwhile...OOC: Marken and Anne. Your enemy is asleep.
20:07 <•Kotono> Init is Skaya (26) > Lead Thug (20) > Normal Thugsx4 (16) > Marken (11) > Anne (6)
20:07 <•Kotono> Init is Skaya (26) > Lead Thug (20 asleep) > Normal Thugsx4 (16) > Marken (11) > Anne (6)
20:08 <•Kotono> Meanwhile Marken stabs out quickly, his sai seeking blood in the nighttime battle.
20:08 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+6
20:08 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+6 --> [ 1d20=13 ]{19}
20:08 <•Kotono> roll 1d4+2
20:08 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d4+2 --> [ 1d4=3 ]{5}
20:09 <•Kotono>  A solid revenge stab as he brawls, while Anne defends herself. "I need support," she cries, protecting her fading life. OOC: Defending herself since she's hurt and has allies who can help her. Skaya is up.
20:10 — Skaya may be bleeding profusely, but she still raises an eyebrow at the bandit leader. Acting, acting! It's a skill, she has all the skills. She needs to project confidence and strength or she'll die in a few moments, won't she?
20:10 <Skaya> "So it was one plus five, I see," she notes, firming up her stance. "Alright. My companions will take out the trash, and I can focus entirely on you. Feel fortunate-- and you're asleep." Blinking, Skaya decides to support Anne by dashing to help her!
20:10 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6+2+2 (charge, flanking)
20:10 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6+2+2 (charge, flanking) --> [ 1d20=15 ]{25}
20:10 <Skaya> roll 1d6+3
20:10 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d6+3 --> [ 1d6=1 ]{4}
20:18 <•Kotono> A band it gets it right i tnhe back, a gasping call as he's knocked forward. He's visibly staggered from it, as meanwhile...
20:18 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+2
20:18 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+2 --> [ 1d20=19 ]{21}
20:18 <•Kotono> roll 1d6+1
20:18 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d6+1 --> [ 1d6=2 ]{3}
20:22 <•Kotono> You hear Rina scream in pain. Only a side note to the battle, as meanwhile the lead bandit sleeps away and the rest? It's a melee, alright, everything going as...
20:22 <•Kotono> roll 2#1d20+2 vs Marken
20:22 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 2#1d20+2 vs Marken --> [ 1d20=7 ]{9}, [ 1d20=2 ]{4}
20:22 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+2 Anne
20:22 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+2 Anne --> [ 1d20=2 ]{4}
20:22 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+2 vs you
20:22 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+2 vs you --> [ 1d20=16 ]{18}
20:22 <•Kotono> OOC: AC?
20:23 <Skaya> OOC: 14 due to charging
20:23 <•Kotono> roll 1d6+1
20:23 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d6+1 --> [ 1d6=2 ]{3}
20:23 <•Kotono> OOC: HJP?
20:23 <Skaya> OOC: 12/23
20:24 <Skaya> OOC: At least Anne has flanking with me here!
20:25 <•Kotono> You block the knife but a knee to your middle nearly bends you over, pain from the blow. You resist your eyes crossing and your mind going blank, and instead defend yourself. You've had worse as...
20:25 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+5 (+2 charge)
20:25 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+5 (+2 charge) --> [ 1d20=15 ]{20}
20:25 <•Kotono> roll 1d6+1
20:25 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d6+1 --> [ 1d6=4 ]{5}
20:25 <•Kotono> Init is Skaya (26) > Lead Thug (20 asleep) > Normal Thugsx3 (16) > Marken (11) > Anne (6)
20:26 <•Kotono> A hideous crack as Sanda charges in abruptly, her staff coming down on the head of the thug Marken already stabbed. He goes down hard, the sound of it enough to suggest that's the end of it for him. As that happens...
20:26 <•Kotono> Init is Skaya (26) > Lead Thug (20 asleep) > Normal Thugsx3 (16) > Sanda (12) >  Marken (11) > Anne (6)
20:26 <•Kotono> Markel stabs at the last one on him, trying to win the battle as it rages away.
20:26 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+6
20:26 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+6 --> [ 1d20=9 ]{15}
20:27 <•Kotono> roll 1d4+2
20:27 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d4+2 --> [ 1d4=2 ]{4}
20:27 <•Kotono> A back and forth that sees the bandit stabbed in the arm, as Anne nods raggedly as and swings at the one you hit, giving it her all.
20:27 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+6 (+2 flanking)
20:27 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+6 (+2 flanking) --> [ 1d20=15 ]{21}
20:28 <•Kotono> roll 1d8+2
20:28 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d8+2 --> [ 1d8=8 ]{10}
20:28 <•Kotono> Init is Skaya (26) > Lead Thug (20 asleep) > Normal Thugsx2 (16) > Sanda (12) >  Marken (11) > Anne (6)
20:31 <•Kotono> The blow is gruesome - a hit to the head, and much of the thug's gray bits end up on the ground. What's left of him collapses bonelessly, down and gone, as...OOC: Go.
20:31 — Skaya takes a step forward, almost invading Anne's personal space and inevitably bringing the other bandit badgering Anne into range of her feet!
20:31 <Skaya> roll 2#1d20+4+4 (cunning insight x2, stunning fist x2)
20:31 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 2#1d20+4+4 (cunning insight x2, stunning fist x2) --> [ 1d20=15 ]{23}, [ 1d20=20 ]{28}
20:32 <Skaya> roll 1d20+8 overkill?
20:32 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+8 overkill? --> [ 1d20=5 ]{13}
20:33 <Skaya> roll 2#1d6+3 if regular hits
20:33 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 2#1d6+3 if regular hits --> [ 1d6=6 ]{9}, [ 1d6=5 ]{8}
20:34 <•Kotono> Init is Skaya (26) > Lead Thug (20 asleep) > Normal Thug (16) > Sanda (12) >  Marken (11) > Anne (6)
20:35 <•Kotono> The kicks are savage, into his ribs, back and side. He crumples under them, the last eyeing the battle before with a cry of, "Enough!" he withdraws ans begins to flee as fast as he can, trying to run away. OOC: Withdraw action to get out of combat safely, then fleeing into the night. Feel free to follow if you want, free act.
20:38 <Skaya> "That'll leave tracks," Skaya murmurs to herself, briefly weighing the pros and cons. If they have a hideout, she'll be able to find it that way. And they've taken too many hits... she looks around, intending to ascertain Rina's situation first.
20:41 <•Kotono> Rina's battle is over. Bandits lie dead around them, and you see another fleeing as well. Rina's head is gashed open, blood pouring down her face. Regis is up and unhurt, looking about frantically, "We need a healer!" he cries to the others.
20:41 <•Kotono> Anne kneels and breathes heavily, already whispering a spell as she holds her face.
20:42 <Skaya> "Marken, Anne, how are your reserves?"
20:43 <•Kotono> Marken rises slowly, a look of annoyance on his face. "I'm fine," he says, "I was caught going to the bushes, and never had a chance to use much of anything."
20:44 <•Kotono> "Drained," Anne says as she lowers her hand, her face no longer marred, thoughs he still breaths heavily.
20:44 <•Kotono> Then Marken looks Rina's way and heads over without further comment.
20:45 <Skaya> "Happens to all of us," Skaya responds to both. As Marken is doing what she wants him to, she lets him go and asks Anne, "Please tell Regis to tie up the bandits Sanda caught. I'll handle the leader." And she goes to do just that. Tying hard-to-escape knots is also a skill.
20:48 <•Kotono> OOC: So it is. Give me the relevant skill check for giggles.
20:50 <Skaya> OOC: It's not actually a pathfinder skill. I'm not sure what the alternative will be.
20:53 <•Kotono> OOC: Gimme a dex check real quick then. I'll adjust accordingly.
20:53 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6+4
20:53 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6+4 --> [ 1d20=13 ]{23}
20:56 <•Kotono> roll 1d8+3
20:56 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d8+3 --> [ 1d8=5 ]{8}
20:57 <•Kotono> There he is, all nice and tie dup. Meanwhile Rina gets the medical attention she needs, wound sealing up. In the aftermath there's one question - now what?
20:58 <Skaya> The first priority is that all living bandits have been divested of their weapons or really anything sharp or dangerous. Then, to make sure that the dead bandits really are dead, she can tell as she's a healer. After that... preferably to stop bleeding, so Skaya treats her chest wound in her tent.
20:59 <•Kotono> By that point Anne is up and follows you,a s the other see to the survivors. There's only two others, the rest slain in battle. "Do you need help," she asks as ou go back, "I'm trained."
21:00 <Skaya> "Sure. Regis can watch the bandits and from any other dangers." As she deals with the wound, Skaya suddenly says, "This is the closest I've come to death. How about you?"
21:09 <•Kotono> "I..I think the same," Anne says softly as she helps, her hands shaking. "I've been hurt but not like that before. If I hadn't healed that first wound, I don't think-" She stops there and breathes, seven as you're aided. OOC: +2  to your heal check from aid another.
21:10 <Skaya> OOC: Taking 10 and cunning knowledge takes care of first aid
21:11 <Skaya> "We should learn from this properly," Skaya muses, dressing properly after Anne helps her with the bandages.
21:14 <•Kotono> "Statistically speaking," Sanda pokes her head into the tent, "That was an unusually fearsome bandit ambush. Not necessarily in numbers, but with good execution and a strong leader."
21:14 <•Kotono> Anne looks over, "How's the others, Sanda?"
21:15 <•Kotono> "Tied up and recovering, respectively," Is the answer, "Rina will be fine and Regis wasn't hurt."
21:15 <Skaya> "You're definitely right about that!" Skaya agrees, her voice cheery once more. "Either the numbers or the leader's strength would be doable, but both at once really was a huge pain. Come on, let's have a quick discussion about our next move."
21:15 — Skaya needs to consult with Marken and Regis!
21:23 <•Kotono> Everyone gets together around the campfire. Rina lies down but the others sit up, wounds treated for now. With that...OOC: Go ahead.
21:25 <Skaya> "Good job for making it out of this ambush in one piece," Skaya congratulates them. "I think we should move to two people watches as we travel, just to have more people to immediately defend us going forward. So unless someone objects to that, we need to decide on a few things now. The first is whether we're bringing the bandits that survived or executing them."
21:35 <•Kotono> Marken steps up here. "It's illegal to execute captives unless a certified priest of Tempus is there to render judgment. However, the law is laxly enforced, and usually only for political rather than moral reasons. It hardly matters, they'll face the noose or the axe in the first village we bring them to."
21:36 <•Kotono> "Perhaps they can see hope yet," Anne says, "And recant their deeds before they face their execution."
21:36 <Skaya> "Piracy and banditry are capital crimes, yes, which is why I asked," Skaya affirms. "They came without mercy so I don't really think they'll repent, but I don't mind expending the effort on making certain other people kill them back in town."
21:37 <•Kotono> "I don't care," Regis speaks up, "Be it by my blade in battle or after, they're nothing but murdering scum. It's justice to see them brought to accountability."
21:38 <•Kotono> Marken nods, "Then we tie them up and we find a village in the morning. If I'm right, one's only a few hours away from here. They'll be dealt with before noon. Our testamony will be enough."
21:39 <Skaya> "Alright, that seems to be the consensus. Next is a question of how we're doing. Does anyone still have magical energy in reserve? What about the divine power?"
21:39 <Skaya> OOC: Ie turning
21:48 <•Kotono> "My spells are mostly spent but I can channel energy," Anne declares.
21:48 <•Kotono> "I'm in good shape there," Marken answers.
21:48 <•Kotono> "I used many of my spells," Sanda answers, "I'm not well prepare dfor another battle."
21:49 <Skaya> "Can I trouble each of you to channel a bit of energy? Since we've already skewed probability tonight, we should get in better form."
21:56 <•Kotono> That is done and...OOC: I'll sort out the healing next time, it's about pausin' time.

Corwin

18:59 <•Kotono> roll 2d6 healing all
18:59 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 2d6 healing all --> [ 2d6=5 ]{5}
19:00 <•Kotono> roll 2d6 healing all he'll throw a second in since he has a few to burn
19:00 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 2d6 healing all he'll throw a second in since he has a few to burn --> [ 2d6=8 ]{8}
19:00 <•Kotono> OOC: What's your HP afte rthat?
19:00 <Skaya> "And here we go," Skaya says in satisfaction as the healing energies seep in.
19:00 <Skaya> OOC: 23/23
19:04 <•Kotono> Wounds mend. The party's injuries are soothed away, noises of sheer relief. Once done Regis gets up, "Also, there's loot to be claimed from the defeated, and we should burn or bury the bodies. "
19:06 <Skaya> "About that," Skaya says here. "I'm thinking that if you or Marken can give me a hand, I could try and track down those bandits that escaped. They might have a camp nearby and wouldn't have have a chance to clear it yet. They might even have captives. It'd be a shame not to give it a try."
19:10 <•Kotono> "I'll go with you," Marken volunteers, "Best to have a healer on hand if it goes all wrong, and there's always a new road to explore."
19:11 <Skaya> "Sounds great. How's your tracking expertise?"
19:17 <•Kotono> "Good," He answers right back. "Night will complicate it, though."
19:20 <Skaya> "I can see just fine at night, and there were a lot of them. It makes spotting the tracks far easier." She glances over at Rina, Anne and Sanda, before deciding to entrust their safety to Regis. "Right, let's go."
19:23 <•Kotono> OOC: Do you have any ranks in Survival for tracking, and do you have the track feat?
19:24 <Skaya> OOC: I do actually have Surival ranks, but not the track feat. But depending on the surface and the amount of bandits, the DC could be brought down to 10 and make me eligible. Otherwise, he can roll and I'll aid.
19:26 <Skaya> OOC: Plus pathfinder seems to require only being trained to go above dc10, not require the track feat
19:28 <•Kotono> OOC: Survival check then. At worst you'll aid Marken.
19:28 <Skaya> roll 1d20+4+4
19:28 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+4+4 --> [ 1d20=7 ]{15}
19:33 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+11 (+2 aid another)
19:33 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+11 (+2 aid another) --> [ 1d20=5 ]{16}
19:37 <•Kotono> Sure enough, the two of you find tracks and begin to follow them. As you do, you soon find they lead to an old farm house. The fields are overgrown and the pens empty, but lights can be seen inside the house. You also notice opposite you and the house, tucked away in shadows.
19:37 <Skaya> OOC: Notice what?
19:39 <•Kotono> Sure enough, the two of you find tracks and begin to follow them. As you do, you soon find they lead to an old farm house. The fields are overgrown and the pens empty, but lights can be seen inside the house. You also notice a barn opposite you and the house, tucked away in shadows.
19:39 <•Kotono> OOC: Barn sorry, somehow lost that part when I edited the line.
19:41 <Skaya> "Keep an eye out for me, I'll take a glance at the barn first and then the house," Skaya tells Marken in a quiet tone of voice, before sneaking towards the shadowy structure.
19:43 <Skaya> OOC: I'll take 10 for Stealth 19
19:45 <•Kotono> A nod as you do that. You go to the barn and find the door into it is closed, but as you carefully creep. A single thug stands guard outside that door. He's alert too, enough to keep his eyes moving.
19:47 — Skaya waits for her chance to get closer unobserved, and also strains her ears. Does it sound like there are bandits inside? Hostages? She tries to listen for anyone cursing, weeping or anything she could hear distinctively.
19:48 <Skaya> OOC: I'll take 10 on Perception and use +4 from cunning knowledge for 20
19:51 <•Kotono> You can hear the sounds of two people talking, too low to be heard.
19:52 — Skaya returns to Marken and tells him, "A bandit guarding the door to the barn, and two people are inside, from what I caught. I think I'll go for it and try to take him out before he raises the alarm. If things go badly, please be ready to support me in case the house holds more bandits. And if there are more than five there, let's retreat."

Corwin

19:12 <•Kotono> "Be cautious, a concerted response isn't something we can handle alone," Marken agrees.
19:13 — Skaya nods, and then sneaks back as closely as she can get to the barn guard. It's dark out and she has darkvision while he shouldn't!
19:18 <•Kotono> You begin to sneak back. There's no sign of him noticing you, though he does look alert. What's your play here?
19:19 <Skaya> Once the guard is looking in the opposite direction, Skaya will make her move! She'll hit him as hard as she can, and if she's lucky the guard will go down before raising the alarm!
19:22 <•Kotono> OOC: Stealth check again.
19:23 <Skaya> OOC: Taking 10 for 19 again
19:28 <•Kotono> A slow, careful sneak and...now! You seem to have bested his awareness and...OOC: Attack roll.
19:29 <Skaya> roll 1d20+7+4
19:29 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+7+4 --> [ 1d20=16 ]{27}
19:29 <Skaya> roll 1d4+3+4 Sai!
19:29 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d4+3+4 Sai! --> [ 1d4=1 ]{8}
19:31 <•Kotono> A strike to the thug's neck sends him down in a heap, not even a moment to raise an alarm. He's down and out from the looks of it.
19:32 <Skaya> Good, that worked as planned. Skaya spends a moment to investigate the door. Is it locked from the outside? Is it even closed properly?
19:35 <•Kotono> It's locked from the outside and it is closed properly.
19:35 — Skaya opens the lock! It shouldn't be that hard, and she's always prepared!
19:36 <Skaya> OOC: Disable device to for 19, since I have the tools
19:38 <•Kotono> It's an old lock, harder for the rust than any merit it has as a lock. With a bit of effort you manage to pop it open.
19:38 — Skaya slides the door open while staying out of the way just in case whoever's inside has the bright idea to rush or strike those entering!
19:42 <•Kotono> It's a barn. Besides the hay and the old smell of livestock? It's well lit, a pair of lamps enough to leave everything bright. In here are various things - weapons, armor, some coins lying about, sets of nicer clothes, some closed barrels and boxes.
19:42 <•Kotono> tOOC: Gah.
19:45 <•Kotono> It's a barn. Besides the hay and the old smell of livestock? It's well lit, a pair of lamps enough to leave everything bright. In here are various things - weapons, armor, some coins lying about, sets of nicer clothes, some closed barrels and boxes.  There's also two men in here, both looking at the door that just opened. One is taller and in leather armor and with a light leather helmet. Older
19:45 <•Kotono> and with a sour look on his face, eyeing you up as he casually draws a knife. The other is a man in dark gray robes, wearing a featureless red mask over his face. There's a beat before, "I'd say I'd asked not to be disturbed," the sour looking man comments, "But you're not the guard."
19:50 <Skaya> That's ridiculous, who asks their subordinates to lock them in from the outside?! Skaya blinks, and then closes the door again. It's an old lock, so she just slips it right back!
19:52 <•Kotono> The door closes just as desired. No immediate signs of peril at least?
19:58 — Skaya props the guard against the door and hides herself by the corner of the barn. These two will likely try to break past, and that might be a good chance for her to strike against one of them!
19:59 <•Kotono> OOC: Are you watching or listening?
20:05 <•Kotono> Sure enough, the door opens. The sour looking man comes out and looks around, but no sign of the masked man.
20:14 <•Kotono> Sure enough, the door opens. The sour looking man comes out and looks around, but no sign of the masked man.
20:16 <Skaya> She's done it already, so she should give it a try! That distance can be crossed swiftly, and if her strike lands then Skaya will gain an advantage!
20:20 <•Kotono> You dash in and...you pull it off, just fast enough to sneak attack and...OOC: The rolls behind the screen favor you. Attack roll.
20:21 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6+4 unarmed
20:21 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6+4 unarmed --> [ 1d20=19 ]{29}
20:21 <Skaya> roll 1d6+3+4
20:21 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d6+3+4 --> [ 1d6=3 ]{10}
20:27 <•Kotono> A solid, direct hit to his side. The man gasps loudly, staggering from the blow to him. He's not down from that, but he looks wobbly as...OOC: Init.
20:27 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+2
20:27 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+2 --> [ 1d20=1 ]{3}
20:27 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6
20:27 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6 --> [ 1d20=14 ]{20}
20:28 <•Kotono> OOC: Init is Skaya (20) > Sour Man (3)
20:28 <•Kotono> OOC: Go.
20:28 <Skaya> It's time to press on her advantage! Skaya attacks him relentlessly!
20:28 <Skaya> roll 2#1d20+6+4
20:28 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 2#1d20+6+4 --> [ 1d20=5 ]{15}, [ 1d20=1 ]{11}
20:28 <Skaya> OOC: Does 15 hit flat-footed?
20:28 <•Kotono> OOC: Yes.
20:29 <Skaya> roll 1d6+3+4 last inspiration
20:29 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d6+3+4 last inspiration --> [ 1d6=5 ]{12}
20:29 <•Kotono> A hit right to his side again. You feel something give and the sour faced man collapses, groaning and sinking into defeat, stopped before he could truly begin. OOC: Free act.
20:30 <Skaya> Amazing! Skaya takes the few steps that would bring her by the opened barn door and listens in! If there's silence, she'll sneak a peek!
20:33 <•Kotono> Silence. You open it up and no one's inside, but all the loot within is still there.
20:35 <Skaya> Looks like the masked man ran away. Skaya pulls the guard and the apparently skilled bandit into the barn and ties them up if they're still breathing shallowly. Huh. So this group had at least two strong leaders? Even though one just fell asleep as she was boasting and the other didn't actually do anything aside from brandishing a knife menacingly.
20:40 <•Kotono> The guard is not, but the sour looking man is still breathing. He's hurt badly but he doesn't seem to be fading, at least to your eye.
20:41 — Skaya ties him up and removes his weapon and anything else he has on him. Even if she's not sure how it could be used to escape! And after securing his limbs properly she ties him to a barrel for good measure. It just has to hold long enough to look into the farm house!
20:41 <Skaya> And then she sneaks towards the farm house.
20:42 <Skaya> OOC: Goal is to close the door to the barn and lock it, then sneak to the house to see what's there.
20:46 <•Kotono> That's all done. You sneak to the farmhouse. As you get closer you can hear noises inside. Thumps, feet moving, that sort of thing.
20:47 <Skaya> It's a risk, sneaking a peek through the window, but if she crouches and looks from below, or better yet a corner, it might be safer! So she tries.
20:53 <•Kotono> There's four thugs in there, each getting things together. Loading up sacks and bags, in a bit of a hurry to say the least. To say the most, they're tossing things in and hurrying away.
20:58 — Skaya retreats quietly and regroups with Marken once more.
21:02 <•Kotono> Marken awaits and simply asks, "How is it?"
21:03 <Skaya> "Took down their apparent leader and another bandit. There was a mysterious masked man that got away, probably through magic. Four bandits preparing to run away at the farm house, so let's get them together."
21:14 <•Kotono> A brisk nod at that, "Attack from an ambush when they emerge, take two down before they can react, and mop up the remnant. We can retreat if more come out than we expect, so if there's more elsewhere in there, we won't be stuck in a fight."
21:15 <Skaya> "That's what I thought. Let's do it."
21:21 <•Kotono> OOC: Give me Perception real quick.
21:21 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6
21:21 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6 --> [ 1d20=17 ]{23}
21:29 <•Kotono> You can hear them preparing to come out the main exit. How do you want to set this one up?
21:30 — Skaya takes position by the door with her sai in hand. It's got a decent reach, so they won't be able to get away easily! She directs Marken to the other side of the door. His plan is simple and might work, so there's no harm in trying it!
21:35 <•Kotono> roll 1d100 some luck here
21:35 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d100 some luck here --> [ 1d100=69 ]{69}
21:41 <•Kotono> The two of you position and sure enough, the door opens. Two come right out, each lugging heavy sacks or bags.
21:42 <Skaya> Her sai lashes out at them both! Her reaction times should be better than Marken's, so he should be able to support her ambush!
21:42 <Skaya> roll 2#1d20+5+4
21:42 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 2#1d20+5+4 --> [ 1d20=15 ]{24}, [ 1d20=19 ]{28}
21:43 <Skaya> roll 1d4+3+4 left
21:43 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d4+3+4 left --> [ 1d4=1 ]{8}
21:43 <Skaya> roll 1d4+3+4 right
21:43 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d4+3+4 right --> [ 1d4=1 ]{8}
21:50 <•Kotono> OOC: Owwww. Okay.
21:50 <•Kotono> Before anyone can even react, two stabs and down thugs collapse. A savage sneak attack, viciously powerful. Down just like that, taken out of the fight before it could begin.
21:51 <Skaya> "Get them!" Skaya cries out, dashing into the house!
21:56 <•Kotono> Thus the two of you dash in and...OOC: Okay, it's time so we'll wrap this up come Thursday.

Corwin

19:04 <•Kotono> You rush inside. Before anyone else can react, there's three inside of a ransacked farmhouse kitchen. Three lugging sacks and staring, a moment of surprise, if not enough for an ambush. OOC: Init times.
19:06 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6
19:06 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6 --> [ 1d20=10 ]{16}
19:08 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+5 Marken
19:08 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+5 Marken --> [ 1d20=15 ]{20}
19:08 <•Kotono> roll 1d20 thugs
19:08 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20 thugs --> [ 1d20=17 ]{17}
19:08 <•Kotono> Init is Marken (20) > Thugs (17) > Skaya (16)
19:10 <•Kotono> Marken's quick, charging in and stabbing out. There's no grace here, nothing but a quick and brutal fight in close quarters, slamming one bandit against an old kitchen wall.
19:10 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+6
19:10 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+6 --> [ 1d20=10 ]{16}
19:11 <•Kotono> roll 1d4+2
19:11 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d4+2 --> [ 1d4=1 ]{3}
19:13 <•Kotono> He grapples with one, stabbing them in close and pressing them back. It opens up the center of the room as chaos erupts. Two thugs go right for Marken, as meanwhile one peels off towards you. "Ugh, you're the one who hit us earlier!" he gasps, "Has to be!"
19:13 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+2
19:13 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+2 --> [ 1d20=20 ]{22}
19:13 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+2 crit?
19:13 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+2 crit? --> [ 1d20=14 ]{16}
19:13 <•Kotono> OOC: AC?
19:13 <Skaya> OOC: Yes
19:13 <Skaya> OOC: 16
19:14 <Skaya> OOC: Though I do have reach 10 so I can probably AoO him too?
19:14 <•Kotono> OOC: Go for it then, see if you can stop him before.
19:14 <Skaya> roll 1d20+7 sai
19:14 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+7 sai --> [ 1d20=20 ]{27}
19:14 <Skaya> roll 1d20+7 sai crit?
19:14 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+7 sai crit? --> [ 1d20=17 ]{24}
19:14 <Skaya> roll 2d4+6
19:14 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 2d4+6 --> [ 2d4=8 ]{14}
19:17 <•Kotono> OOC: Good save.
19:17 <•Kotono> Init is Marken (20) > Thugsx2 (17) > Skaya (16)
19:17 <•Kotono> Before the first can air out your guts, you return the favor. HE falls with a shocked look on his face, unable to do anything as...
19:17 <•Kotono> roll 2#1d20+2
19:17 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 2#1d20+2 --> [ 1d20=20 ]{22}, [ 1d20=11 ]{13}
19:17 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+2 crit vs Marken
19:17 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+2 crit vs Marken --> [ 1d20=18 ]{20}
19:18 <•Kotono> roll 2d6+4
19:18 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{10}
19:18 <•Kotono> You see Marken get the favor returned, his own guts now several inches of steel in them. His grip on the thug weakens as meanwhile...OOC: Go.
19:19 <Skaya> So there were three! They've missed one! Not for long, at least. Skaya moves to close off their retreat and then strikes the wounded enemy!
19:19 <Skaya> roll 1d20+7+2 flanking, sai
19:19 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+7+2 flanking, sai --> [ 1d20=15 ]{24}
19:20 <Skaya> roll 1d4+3
19:20 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d4+3 --> [ 1d4=1 ]{4}
19:22 <•Kotono> Init is Marken (20) > Thugsx1 (17) > Skaya (16)
19:23 <•Kotono> A second stab finishes the job, sending him down and bleeding out. Marken turns, a hand on his stomach, and steps back to tend to his wound. Murmured words, healing that...
19:23 <•Kotono> roll 1d8+3
19:23 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d8+3 --> [ 1d8=3 ]{6}
19:23 <Skaya> "Hang in there!" Skaya calls out to him. "This is the last one!"
19:23 <•Kotono> That mostly seals the wound up, buying him time as the last thug withdraws back, fleeing deeper into the house as fast as he can go. OOC: Free act for the moment.
19:24 — Skaya pursues him into the house! Sai first!
19:27 <•Kotono> OOC: Movement speed?
19:27 <Skaya> OOC: 30ft
19:27 <•Kotono> OOC: Dex check.
19:28 <•Kotono> roll 1d20
19:28 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20 --> [ 1d20=4 ]{4}
19:28 <Skaya> roll 1d20+2+4
19:28 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+2+4 --> [ 1d20=13 ]{19}
19:29 <•Kotono> You easily catch up as he goes for a back door out of the side, turning and...OOC: Go ahead and give it an action.
19:29 — Skaya won't let him escape! It's a charge to run him down!
19:32 <•Kotono> OOC: Trying to bull rush him, knock him down, attack or...?
19:32 <Skaya> OOC: Just a regular charge, so an attack
19:33 <Skaya> roll 1d20+7+4+2 cunning insight
19:33 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+7+4+2 cunning insight --> [ 1d20=17 ]{30}
19:33 <Skaya> roll 1d4+3+4 cunning insight, if he's around I'll use cunning defense on his attack
19:33 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d4+3+4 cunning insight, if he's around I'll use cunning defense on his attack --> [ 1d4=2 ]{9}
19:36 <•Kotono> A swift stab and he goes down, lips burbling blood as he paws at the sai in his chest. He slumps down, the battle cleared. No sign of others as of now. OOC: Free act.
19:37 — Skaya drags him back inside and locks the door before returning to Marken. First, they'll ensure the entryways are shut, and then explore the house properly to see if there are any hostages or other hiding enemies.
19:40 <•Kotono> OOC: Perception real quick then.
19:41 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6
19:41 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6 --> [ 1d20=18 ]{24}
19:41 <Skaya> OOC: Aid me, Marken~
19:45 <•Kotono> OOC: Sure, factored in.
19:49 <•Kotono> You search the farmhouse. No other people - or hostages that you see in here, but you do find several sacks (mostly on the defeated bandits) that are full of coin and loot.
19:50 <Skaya> "On the plus side, there are no victims here to be rescued," Skaya muses as she gathers the spoils. "On the other plus side, we took care of this problem for both ourselves and the locals. And on the final plus side, we got richer! Isn't this bandit-hunting thing actually full of benefits?"
19:57 <•Kotono> "It's necessary, but the benefits are worthwhile," Marken agrees, as he helps you do that. "I think that's everyone in this nest, even if a few might've already scurried away."
19:59 <Skaya> "I doubt anyone actually fled without me noticing, aside from that shady wizard, but it's possible some were away," Skaya readily agrees. "Let's bring everything valuable here over to to the barn and then just grab the most expensive things in my haversack. We can return later with everyone and grab the rest."
20:02 <•Kotono> A nod of agreement at that. Anything else to do here, assuming all goes well?
20:02 <Skaya> OOC: No, let's get stuff, regroup, rest a bit till morning and bring our carriage here
20:10 <•Kotono> When you get back, the others await. Anne and Regis are still up at the moment as the latter asks, "Is it finished?"
20:13 <Skaya> "Well enough for government work?" Skaya muses. "There were six bandits and two leaders, or maybe one leader and a mysterious wizard collaborator. The wizard ran away, but we took down the others. The other leader should still be alive, but will be out of it till the afternoon at the earliest, by my estimates. I figured we'll stop by come morning and take some of the loot before bringing the survivors to the nearest village."
20:14 <•Kotono> "Good. Rina and Sanda are resting," Regis agrees, "Will you?"
20:14 <•Kotono> "Ah, victory and spoilers. Wonderful!" Anne says, "Their donation will not be forgotten."
20:15 <Skaya> "Yeah. Could you top Marken off, Anne? I think I'll go take a nap in the carriage."
20:18 <•Kotono> You go to rest, but you find you were beaten to it. Sanda is there, half awake and gazing at you with bleary eyes. "Y'back?" she manages, a blanket thrown over her. "Stat'sclly probable."
20:19 <Skaya> "I ran into statistically improbably strong opposition. My success was also fairly improbable. Statistically speaking. Sleep now, more later."
20:27 <•Kotono> You get a murmur and sleep comes. The next morning and...OOC:Do you want to get into the cleanup here at all or move on?
20:29 <Skaya> OOC: Let's move on, I don't think it's particularly challenging to do the clean up at this point
20:33 <•Kotono> With that and a few drop offs, the party's journey continues. OOC: More.
20:33 <•Kotono> roll 1d100
20:33 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d100 --> [ 1d100=66 ]{66}
20:33 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d100 --> [ 1d100=23 ]{23}
20:33 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d100 --> [ 1d100=75 ]{75}
20:33 <•Kotono> OOC: We'll handle loot after sessionish I'll have a post up.
20:34 <•Kotono> A few days of travel pass. You're making great time towards Ahms in the summer warmth, no badluck slowing down your travel. It's evening and the party makes camp this night - what's your general routine?
20:35 <Skaya> The bandit ambush taught them to have two guards each time and to set their tents closer to the carriage, but otherwise travel remains the same. They don't rush and use the time to get to know each other better!
20:49 <•Kotono> You draw Rina, who looks tired but joins you in guard duty. With the firelight to see by, "Think tonight'll be quiet?" she asks, breaking the immediate silence.
20:49 — Skaya can't help but grin at her. "Well, statistically speaking...."
20:51 <•Kotono> A grimace at that, "One of Sanda's enough! Mercy!
20:51 <•Kotono> "
20:52 <Skaya> "I think it will be quiet but will guard as if it won't, because it would be nice to earn more while en route," she tells Rina, relenting.
21:01 <•Kotono> "So it would be," Rina says, "Though that first group was a sobering reminder that bandits only have to get lucky once. The Golden Girl told me that and I'm pretty sure it came straight from Daddy."
21:02 <Skaya> "Speaking of, you really need to guard your head. Maybe invest in a decent helm?"
21:06 <•Kotono> "Maybe I should," she admits, "What about you?"
21:08 <Skaya> "I don't get hit in the head much! I actually want to save up for a fashionable belt."
21:12 <•Kotono> "I don't, either!" Rina retorts quickly, "But here I am. Besides, you'd look good inone of those full face masks of steel."
21:13 <Skaya> "Ah, thanks for the compliment! It's one of those where you look good in anything, right?"
21:14 <•Kotono> "...sure, why not?" Rina smiles slightly. "We'll call it that."
21:16 <Skaya> "After the belt, I kind of want nice armbands, or maybe bracelets." Skaya tilts her head. "It's a bit strange to design a wardrobe without actually considering the clothing, huh? But I don't really want to settle for a particular style, and accessories go with different ones."
21:19 <•Kotono> "Magical one doubly so," Rina says, "That's what I love as an adventurer. Jewelry and protective equipment can be the same thing. I used to think only rich noblewomen would waste money on those things, but then I got a lecture on how magical equipment worked." Her smile grows, "It's the best of both worlds."
21:19 <Skaya> "It really is! How about it? Do you have a wishlist for nice magical jewels?"
21:23 <•Kotono> "Resistance and protection," she begins, "Water breathing but it's incredibly expensive and rare. I've heard there's even a ring that lets you make wishes, but they're nigh unheard of and would go for a king's ransom."
21:26 <Skaya> "Wishes are boring, though," Skaya says, waving her hand. "Water Breathing, huh? I'd say it's either really great or really useless. Befriend a potioneer if you want to use it occasionally! It'd probably be cheaper. Ah, actually a scroll is fine too if you're traveling with a mage."
21:31 <•Kotono> "Say that after nearly drowning," Rina  counters, "A few nightmares of your lungs burning and your vision darkening makes that ring seem cheap." She slowly rubs her face, "It's not the utility every day, it's the security when you need it in a crisis."
21:33 <Skaya> "Wow, that actually happened to you? That's rough. I read it's one of the worst ways to go."
21:35 <•Kotono> "...yeah." Rina quickly shakes her head, "It's bad. Don't let it happen to you."
21:37 <Skaya> "I wonder how long it'd take to be able to afford it. That's gotta be years, right? Unless you take crazy risks."
21:42 <•Kotono> "It could be a lifetime of jobs if you're not a big earner," Rina reflects, "Or one big treasure cache if you're lucky."
21:43 <Skaya> "We're talking find a dragon's hoard lucky, here. I think that with all of us here, we would need close to a hundred thousand in gold to afford something that shiny with ease."
21:46 <•Kotono> "It could happen," Rina counters, smiling as she keeps her gaze up and moving. "We could all get rich, or find hidden treasure from the war."
21:46 <Skaya> "Let's keep the dream alive!"
21:49 <•Kotono> "Ahahahahhaa," Rina agrees brightly, "Let's keep the dream alive. To treasure!"
21:50 <Skaya> "To treasure!" Skaya echoes her. But quietly, so as to not wake the others.

Corwin

19:28 <•Kotono> OOC: For my reference, give me a Perception check before we begin.
19:28 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6+4
19:28 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6+4 --> [ 1d20=16 ]{26}
19:38 <•Kotono> Days of travel pass. Fortunately, it's quiet after your bandit encounter. Days pass and on a rainy day, you're due to reach Ahms. The summery heat gives way to the coolness of a cloudy, overcast day of steady rainfall. No storms at least, only rain. As you drive the carriage with Regis, "We should get there past noon," he says, "Probably need to wait out the rain, though, unless you want to go
19:38 <•Kotono> squishing in the mud right away."
19:38 <Skaya> "How long do you think it'd take?"
19:40 <•Kotono> "In mud? Too long and we'd be vulnerable until we get into a cave," Regis says, "Let's wait a day, let sunshine dry out any mud and we can do this the right way. Besides, a day of rest after travel is a good idea."
19:41 <Skaya> "I meant resting. A day is fine, we can try some local delicacies and pick up on current events."
19:43 <•Kotono> "A solid day of sunshine once the rain stops should do it," Regis says, "At least the worst of it, but we can ask around when we get there."
19:45 <Skaya> "Are you planning on picking up something new with our spoils?"
19:50 <•Kotono> "I think I could use a few things, potions mostly," Regis says, "We don't know what we're going into down there. What about you?"
19:52 <Skaya> "Probably hold onto my share," Skaya responds with a shrug. "It's at that awkward stage of a lot of money, but not being enough for any magical goods. But three more bandit groups and I think I'll get there!"
19:55 <•Kotono> Regis smiles at that, "Better to spend on potions and live, than to try and survive without them. Then again, maybe I've heard Sanda one too many times talk about the odds of survival." Lowering his voice, "Is she always like this?"
19:56 <Skaya> "Yes. And I still have a healing potion, so between that and our two healers I like my odds."
20:04 <•Kotono> "Then we'll see," Regis pauses a moment before, "Keep an eye on Rina in any battles. She's not been doing well lately. It's like death is one step behind her, and Tempus desires to recall her for the eternal wars."
20:05 <Skaya> "Any reason behind it? I did think it was strange she had two consecutive head injuries."
20:12 <•Kotono> "None that I can figure out," Regis says, "But sometimes it seems death has an eye on someone, and strikes again and again until they claim them. Please, watch out for her."
20:14 <Skaya> "I'll shuffle some of the shifts. She so loves talking about statistics with me!"
20:17 <•Kotono> A chuckle at that, "Good luck."
20:18 <Skaya> "I'll do my best!" Skaya promises, throwing her fist in the air.
20:19 <•Kotono> From there...OOC: More, moment.
20:30 <•Kotono> Ahms is waterlogged, quiet. You can see several houses in varying state of repair as you enter, almost no one out in the rain. The city itself is older stone bulidings with wooden repairs, often with wood or stone buildings as attachments. Your party enters, going down the streets and taking it in. It's Sanda who peeks out of the carriage and calls back, "It's certainly quiet, isn' it? More
20:30 <•Kotono> than I calculated."
20:31 <•Kotono> "The people have mostly left Ahms," Marken comments, "The loss of the lake devastated the town, and left little point for many to remain. "
20:34 <Skaya> "What made the rest choose to stay?" Skaya asks Marken, as he seems to know more about this.
20:37 <•Kotono> As eyes turn to him, "Money, mostly. Either they're too invested in this city and no one will buy it out at a reasonable price, or they're too poor to easily move. City livers are different from the rural. They tend to have more coin that isn't tied up in livestock or property. A lot of them can get the coin needed to move. But not all of them are so lucky, so a few rich and a great many poor
20:37 <•Kotono> have stayed."
20:37 <•Kotono> Rina whistles, "So is there much trouble?"
20:38 <•Kotono> "Some," Marken says, "Weapons visible and armor worn will dissuade most of it. They want easy targets. So don't make yourself an easy target. Don't be alone, don't be withotu a visible weapon. Know how to carry yourself. Look confident."
20:39 <Skaya> "Would going in pairs be enough?"
20:46 <•Kotono> "Should be," Marken agrees, "The good thing is that if you spend money here, it spends well. People will remember you. Be smart about it and you'll make friends fast."
20:46 <•Kotono> "Depressing," Rina sighs, "I'd prefer Mellanics any day than this."
20:49 <Skaya> "I did not expect this," Skaya muses. "Alright, this won't be quite the relaxing stay I thought of, but we're only planning to stay for a day. Let's be alert and not spread money around. If you do find something to buy, let's do it on the day we're about to set off. That way, even if some bandits learn of it, that'll just become our benefit."
20:59 <•Kotono> "In other words be smart, and hope this rain doesn't last forever," Rina looks out, "At least we have an inn lined up."
20:59 <•Kotono> OOC: Okay then, plans here?
20:59 <Skaya> OOC: Let's get three rooms together, gather some information at dinnertime and leave the next day if the rain stops as expected
21:04 <•Kotono> OOC: Sure, what information do you want to gather?
21:05 <Skaya> OOC: Is there a map of some of the caverns that were explored? Are there any mages of decent skill around these parts? Anything unusual happening in the last half a year or so?
21:10 <•Kotono> OOC: Sure, you might be able to rustle one up. Gimme a diplo check for all of it, +2 for the third one.
21:11 <Skaya> roll 2#1d20+6
21:11 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 2#1d20+6 --> [ 1d20=3 ]{9}, [ 1d20=18 ]{24}
21:11 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6+2+4
21:11 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6+2+4 --> [ 1d20=10 ]{22}
21:15 <•Kotono> No luck on the maps, unfortunately. (More)
21:20 <•Kotono> There's a few mages of skill around. Edward of Whitetower, a mage from the far south, currently resides here. Linde Cloak is a wizard of some skill and stays here, as she has extensive family holdings in the area. Most don't linger here, however. (More)
21:20 <•Kotono> OOC:  Would you like to narrow the last down at all, or are you just fishing in general?
21:21 <Skaya> OOC: Just fishing in general, but if I were to narrow it down... unexplained disappearances, strange animals, etc
21:24 <•Kotono> Oh yeah, there's stories about that. All sorts of odd thigns are whispered to come up from the caves. Ankhegs are a common one, even if some outright know that's not correct. Rust monsters have been seen, along with oozes of various types. Golem-like creatures that the learned call elementals of earth. Odder things - a bird and a lion crossbreed comes to mind. Snakes with fur. Odder things
21:24 <•Kotono> unconfirmed but whispered, things that shouldn't be. Murmurings of the dead too, of the dead from the civil war that sometimes shamble out.
21:26 <Skaya> That sounds like two decent leads! The earth elementals could be questioned, if they end up running into them, so Skaya tries to narrow down the spots they were seen. As for the weird crossbreeds, those too, in a more general sense. If she can make a rough map of the sightings, she'll just try to visit the center of it.
21:36 <•Kotono> OOC: Gimme a follow up diplo, +3 this time.
21:36 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6+3
21:36 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6+3 --> [ 1d20=7 ]{16}
21:41 <•Kotono> The elementals generally seem to be close to the caves or in them. The crossbreeds are all over, not enough data to get any sort of useful field, unfortunately.
21:43 <Skaya> Visiting the caves is what they'll have to do first, then. But if there is such an amount of crossbreed rumors, it really must be a prime candidate for the spot the chimera-making mage is hiding at. When did these rumors start?
21:44 <•Kotono> A few months ago, but have really picked up in the past month or so.
21:45 <Skaya> At dinnertime, Skaya decides to ask Marken, "Since you're the most traveled out of all of us through these parts, what would be the best way to send word back to the guild?"
21:49 <•Kotono> "There's a few people who handle that," Marken says, "I know them, I can introduce you."
21:49 <Skaya> "If it won't get too expensive and we can trust their discretion, it would be good to send periodic reports back."
21:55 <•Kotono> "I'll set it up," Marken says, "I'm sure your boss will appreciate that." Then with a more maused look, "Or wish he was here instead of back there."
21:56 <Skaya> "Oh, he's definitely wishing that!"
22:00 <•Kotono> A chuckle at that as...OOC: Okay, so going to set that up and be ready to go then? Any other prep for this coming up/
22:00 <Skaya> OOC: That works for me
22:03 <•Kotono> OOC: Okay, then we can start fresh with venturing into this next time.