News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Fire and Rain

Started by Brian, July 06, 2004, 10:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginrai

Seeing that everyone that he asked for was there, Ginrai cleared his throat and started his speech.

"Fellow lorekeepers, I had just received an important task from Lord Kevin, one which has important ramifications on tonight's battle as well as for the upcoming days.  For this I will need assistance from a lorekeeper following the path of fire as well as one following the path of water.  I will warn you that it is a very dangerous task and so whomever decides to help out must be extremely confident with their skills as well as able to completely entrust their will to me for the duration of this task."

Brian

After a bit of milling about, two lorekeepers emerge from the crowd.

A youngish looking woman with brown hair named Meg, of the Path of Water, and an older looking man with blond hair named Chris, of the Path of Fire.

Both of them seem pretty confident.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Ginrai

Ginrai bows to the two.  "Thank you for agreeing to help me out.  Now, we will need to spend some time discussing what to do to prepare for the battle."  With that he starts walking to his room.

Brian

Meg and Chris follow Parthipan obediently to his room, curious, but not asking questions.

~exploding tag~

Ginrai

"Well, to get things started, do either of you know of the process involved in combining the powers of lorekeepers?"

Brian

Both of the lorekeepers nod.  "It was something we practiced with Solariat at the Collegiate," Meg says.

~exploding tag~

Ginrai

Ginrai nods at that.  'Damn, hopefully I don't need to say anything about Solariat to them.'

"That's good to hear for tonight you two will be linking your powers with mine so that we can summon a Titan and make short work of the Dreadmarch, thereby giving our warriors some well-needed rest as well as more time to plan things out."  While he's saying this he tries to recall from his other-self if there's any need to practice this now.  "I'm sure the both of you understand the significance of this as well as the danger we'll be in should the spell go awry."  After pausing for a moment, he continues.  "Are there any questions?"

Brian

Parthipan's other-self doesn't recall anything that's required for practice, though a dim memory suggests that prayer may be in order.

"A Titan?" Meg squeaks.  "Aren't they dangerous?"

Chris looks excited.  "A Titan!" he whispers.  "We'll crush the Dreadmarch with that!"

~exploding tag~

Ginrai

Ginrai tries to recall the prayer necessary for this.

"As I mentioned before there might be some danger in handling the power resulting from the spell, but I feel confident enough that I can handle it.  And while the titan will not remain for that long, we will be able to crush the Dreadmarch in the time that it is here."  Staring directly at the two of them, he says in a serious tone, "The most important thing necessary for this spell to work is that the both of you are able to completely entrust your will to me during it.  Can I have a guarantee that you'll be able to do this?"

Brian

As far as Parthipan can recall, probably any prayer would do.  Maybe getting a blessing from a priestess wouldn't hurt, though.

"I can do that," Meg says, nodding hesitantly.

Chris has less hesitation and says, "I forsee no problems."

~exploding tag~

Ginrai

Ginrai checks on if there is any specific time and place for the blessing and if all of the participants have to be there.

Turning to Meg, he says, "If there's anything you wish to say about this, please do so."

Brian

No pertinent details come to mind.

"Nothing," she says, shaking her head.  "I'm just ... worried about ... a Titan."

~exploding tag~

Ginrai

"And what is it that you're worried about?  The titan itself?"

Ginrai tries to recall what he knows about the titan that'll be summoned.

Brian

Parthipan has never seen a Titan before ... but from what little he does recall, they're bigger and fiercer than Jotun.

"They're quite violent, I hear," she ventures.  "But I assume you can summon it and not fear?"

~exploding tag~

Ginrai

Ginrai nods.  "Of course.  I will be able to control the Titan for the short time that it is here.  You'll have nothing to worry about."