News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

IRC sessions.

Started by Anastasia, August 09, 2004, 04:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

For the various IRC segments of our game. Ami's go first, as she's the only one who has it done at this point.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Bean Bandit

Dune's note - Takes place after Ami's good morning thread. Read before the next thread in it's sequence.

P.S. This makes me want to see Ami in a miko's robe again.

[19:23] <Sailor_Anastasia> The next day starts early for Ami. She went to be around eight PM, the exertions of the mall ordeal still weighing on her. On rising and going through her bathing(A looooooong bath), and redressing for the weather, she gets a look outside. The snow has finally slowed to a drizzle of white flakes across three feet of snow. It's a catcylsmic level of snowfall, an event that will likely freeze the city solid shut for a week at least.
[19:25] <Sailor_Anastasia> Artemis stirs early as well, the bundle of Mau fur ready to go when you are. Indeed, he even goes to the troulbe of making the call for your transportation - this time it's the Twins. They arrive half past eight, both looking much better than they were when you last saw them. A powerful spell later, you are at the steps of the Shrine, the Twins gone in an instant. Damn, it's cold...and still slightly snowing. No one is about the sn
[19:25] <Sailor_Anastasia> Damn, it's cold...and still slightly snowing. No one is about the snow drenched Shrine...
[19:27] <Sailor_Anastasia> "Let's go, Ami," Artemis says, wrapped around your neck like a second scarf. "It's still way too cold out here..."
[19:28] <Sailor_Anastasia> To Ami, she finds that it's not really that cold out here at all. PErhaps a bit chilly, but..
[19:33] <Ami-chan> Ami frowns a little. *The professor -did- say...no, Artemis is a cat right now. The cold must simply affect him strongly.* Smiling at her companion, she nods and heads up the steps, treading carefully...but they seem fairly dry, finally pausing under the torii at the top to catch her breath, looking around.
[19:34] <Sailor_Anastasia> As you breath the white mist of oxygin out, you seen no one in the courtyard. Only a few lights from Rei's residence are notable. It seems the mikogirl is too smart to go out in this mess...
[19:35] <Sailor_Anastasia> "Come on, Ami," Artemis prods, shivering again deeply. "It's REALLY cold out here! The weather man said it was near zero F..."
[19:37] <Ami-chan> Ami blinks at Artemis. "What?" she asks sharply. *I hadn't heard that...but...* "No, I'm sorry." She amends, hurrying over to the residence, and knocking on the door frame.  
[19:38] <Sailor_Anastasia> Rei - From your reading of manga and sipping of hot tea, the door is knocked on. Who would disturb you in this weather...?
[19:39] <Rei-chan> After a moment, the door is opened to reveal a warmly bundled up miko, who blinks in surprise at her visitor. "Ami-chan? What are you doing here in this weather?" she asks, ushering the blue-haired genius inside. "Is something wrong?"
[19:40] <Sailor_Anastasia> "It's a long story, Rei," Artemis shakes his head, sighing in relief when the door is closed. "The long and short of it is that there was an incident the day after yesterday."
[19:40] <Rei-chan> "An incident?" Rei blinks curiously at the pair.
[19:41] <Ami-chan> Ami nods in agreement, smiling embarrasedly. "Celcia took up residence at the mall." she affirms, removing her jacket.
[19:42] * Rei-chan twitches noticably. "Celcia... as in, the Celcia that we killed last year, at the mall, who's energy was absorbed by Jadeite? That Celcia?"
[19:42] <Sailor_Anastasia> Artemis goes on with a small agreement to Ami. "On the one year anniversary of her defeat and snowstorm, the almost exact same thing happens," he frowns, nodding to Rei.
[19:42] <Ami-chan> Ami nods, sighing. "The very same..."
[19:43] * Rei-chan sighs, rubbing her temples. "Well, considering I'm only hearing this now, I take it she's been dealt with? Again."
[19:44] <Sailor_Anastasia> "Sort of," Artemis says, glancing down at Ami's arm and wrist. "Show her your Talisman, Ami-chan."
[19:46] <Ami-chan> Ami nods, blushing and holding out her arm and pulling up her sleeve to expose the new look of the Mercury Bracelet "Mm...We were hoping you could help us figure out what happened." she admits. Professor Tomoe and I have been mystified, so far."
[19:47] * Rei-chan eyes the bracelet, vaguely recalling that it used to look a bit more plain. "What did happen?" she asks, puzzled, before quickly adding, "Anyway, we shouldn't stand here in the hallway. You guys go through to my room, and I'll be there in a minute with some hot drinks, then we can discuss it."
[19:48] <Ami-chan> Ami nods, smiling a little. "Thank you...Sorry to put you out like this today..."
[19:49] <Rei-chan> "Not like I have much else to do on a day like this," Rei shrugs, smiling for a moment before heading through to the kitchen.
[19:51] <Ami-chan> Ami nods ruefully, and and proceeds to Rei's room, and sitting down to wait with Artemis, giving her Mau a worried look. "Feeling better?"
[19:51] <Sailor_Anastasia> "Very much so," he nods to Ami, settling in on Rei's bed. "It's miserably cold outside today."
[19:52] <Ami-chan> Ami frowns. "How cold?" She asks, a bit worriedly.
[19:54] <Sailor_Anastasia> "Really cold...weatherman put out a frostbite warning on top of everything else," the Mau relays to your, happily induling in the warmth of Rei's bed.
[19:54] * Rei-chan returns a moment later with a cup of tea for Ami and a saucer of warm milk for Artemis, along with the teapot. Setting them down on the kotatsu, she sits herself and sighs slightly as her legs get warmed up under the table. "Okay, so what all happened with Celcia, then?" she asks.
[19:56] <Ami-chan> Ami curls her legs up underneath herself, frowning a little at Artemis' revelation. She looks up at Rei with an embarrassed expression. "We...well, if I accomplished what I set out to...Celcia is in my talisman."
[19:58] * Rei-chan blinks. "Inside?" she leans over closer to Ami so she can examine the item, this time looking at its magical aura and comparing it with what she recalls of Celcia, and what she recalls the bracelet was like last time she saw it. "I didn't know your bracelet could do anything like that..."
[19:59] <Sailor_Anastasia> OOC - Soul check +4, Rei-chan.
[19:59] <Rei-chan> roll 2d6+4 burning 20 EP
[19:59] * Shai`Hulud --> "Rei-chan rolls 2d6+4 burning 20 EP and gets 6."
[19:59] <Sailor_Anastasia> "It's a bit more complicated than that, Rei-chan," Artemis shakes his head. "But that's the fundamental result."
[20:00] * Ami-chan holds out her wrist to Rei. "Well...I don't think it was meant to." She admits.
[20:01] <Sailor_Anastasia> The Talisman's aura is...mixed? Combined? Suffused? Overwritten? It's hard to tell...by another. Both are of the same energy type, something of a contained energy war going on between them. It's interesting to feel, entrancing almost...Ami's Talisman seems to be in some form of conflict or compettion with this other energy...
[20:03] * Rei-chan blows out a long breath as she straightens. "I see... it looks like there's two competing energy sources in there - they're similar, but opposed to each other..."
[20:06] <Ami-chan> Ami nods, sighing. "Well, at least we know where she is." she muses. "I tried to seal her inside, but I suppose she's trying to break out...can you tell if either side is...uhm, dominating?"
[20:07] <Rei-chan> "Can't tell at a glance. Give me a few minutes," Rei says, once more peering at the bracelet and watching the interplay contained within...
[20:08] <Sailor_Anastasia> OOC - Same check as before, Rei-chan.
[20:08] <Sailor_Anastasia> Artemis simply watches for now, as Rei does her work..., though he does speak after a moment. "You didn't feel anything? That field the Twins mentioned must have been effective."
[20:09] <Rei-chan> roll 2d6+4 burning 20 EP
[20:09] * Shai`Hulud --> "Rei-chan rolls 2d6+4 burning 20 EP and gets 11."
[20:10] <Sailor_Anastasia> It's inconclusive. They are battling, but it's not going anywhere at the moment. Strikes you as a longer term struggle and not just a flareup.
[20:10] * Rei-chan blows out a breath. "I can't tell - it doesn't seem like either has any clear advantage, for the moment." Looking up at Artemis, she goes on, "What field?"
[20:11] <Sailor_Anastasia> "Celcia put up some sort of field to stop detection...she'd turned the entire mall to an ice palace, Rei." Artemis turns to Ami. "As I said, it's a long story."
[20:12] * Rei-chan chews her lip, "I guess that is weird - I sensed Celcia right away, last year. I never noticed anything out of the ordinary over the last few days, though."
[20:14] <Sailor_Anastasia> "An old cat learned a new trick," Artemis observes, "Well, no. Several new tricks, such as coming back from the dead in time with her death anniversary..." Another frown from Artemis. "Though...if she was put in that prison because of it...perhaps this isn't too surprising."
[20:15] <Ami-chan> Ami glances at Artemis, nodding. "The only reason the twins found us it because I told them in advance where we were headed." she admits.
[20:15] <Rei-chan> "Well, we did kill her and then she reformed right away, last year," Rei points out. "I thought my warding managed to counter that, though..." she pouts.
[20:16] <Ami-chan> Ami giggles a little. "It probably did...she was possessing a woman when we found her."
[20:16] <Sailor_Anastasia> "It may just have delayed it or broken her body apart. The spirit seems to have survived...in fact, it was hunting for a body..." Artemis sighs to that. "That brings up Miss Nakahime, too."
[20:17] <Rei-chan> "She possessed somebody?" Rei asks, alarmed.
[20:18] <Ami-chan> Ami nods, frowning. "I had to pull her out...she was...making renovations before she moved in."
[20:20] * Rei-chan nods. "Then it's a good thing you did what you did... although we're going to have to figure out what to do about your Talisman, now..."
[20:21] <Sailor_Anastasia> "That's another thing," Artemis again chips in. "Professor Tomoe asked me to do something this morning, Rei."
[20:22] <Ami-chan> Ami blinks, looking up at Artemis. "He did?"
[20:23] <Rei-chan> "Hm?" Rei looks at the cat curiously.
[20:23] <Sailor_Anastasia> "I'd half forgotten to tell you since it was so cold out there," he admits, a bit embarrassed. "Anyway, he wants you to do a Fire Reading about what happened. The Twins said a fair deal of energy was simply sprayed about instead of being absorbed when Celcia vanished."
[20:25] <Ami-chan> Ami nods, the request making good sense, and looking to the raven haired miko.
[20:26] <Rei-chan> "I can do that," Rei nods, standing up, before pausing. "Can I borrow your Talisman for that, Ami? If it contains Celcia herself, it should make focusing on what happened a lot easier."
[20:27] <Ami-chan> Ami nods, slipping the bracelet from her wrist, and handing it to Rei without hesitation. She'd been reluctant to, so far, but Rei could handle it...
[20:28] <Sailor_Anastasia> Rei - it's cold to the touch. Ice cold...
[20:29] * Rei-chan accepts the bracelet, shivering slightly before rolling up her sleeve over her hand as she holds it. 'Can't understand how Ami can wear this thing...' she thinks to herself, heading out of her bedroom and to the main shrine.
[20:31] <Ami-chan> Ami stands and follows Rei out of the room. "Rei-chan? Do you mind if I observe?" she asks meekly.
[20:32] * Rei-chan turns, blinking. "No, I don't mind at all," she smiles. "Come on," she adds, gesturing Ami forward as she heads through to the chamber of the Sacred Flame.
[20:33] <Ami-chan> Ami smiles back, moving in on Rei's heels into the Chamber.
[20:35] <Sailor_Anastasia> As you step outside for the short jaunt from house to Flame Chamber, Ami is stung by bitter, unrelenting, FREEZING cold. Fuck, when did it get so cold out here?
[20:37] <Ami-chan> Ami's eyes widen in suprise, and she hugs herself tightly as her body contracts in response to the shockingly cold temperature. "Oh." She gasps, shivering and hurrying a bit more. "I suppose that exp-explains th-that..."
[20:38] * Rei-chan bows to the flame and closes the door as soon as Ami is inside, shivering slightly as her body adjusts to the sudden change in temperature. "At least it's warm, in here," she smiles.
[20:39] <Ami-chan> Ami nods, rubbing her arms to cool herself down. "True...It's just that I was unaware it was this cold out..." she replies, shuddering.
[20:39] <Ami-chan> *Warm herself up
[20:40] * Rei-chan blinks at that. "Didn't you notice on your way here?" she asks incredulously.
[20:41] <Ami-chan> Ami shook her head. "No." she smiles embarrassedly, shivering.
[20:42] * Rei-chan looks confused for a moment, before eyeing the freezing cold bracelet in her hand. "Does your Talisman help protect you from the cold?"
[20:43] <Ami-chan> "I suspect so." Ami nods. "That;s the only change from a when I arrived..."
[20:45] * Rei-chan nods understandingly. "Okay, why don't you sit down and I'll begin?" she offers, gesturing to the side as she kneels before the flame, beginning her ritual...
[20:46] <Ami-chan> Ami obediently sinks to her knees, and watches attentively. She'd never concentrated on the cermony so much as the results, before...
[20:51] <Sailor_Anastasia> OOC - Soul check +2, Miko.
[20:51] <Rei-chan> roll 2d6+2
[20:51] * Shai`Hulud --> "Rei-chan rolls 2d6+2 and gets 9."
---
I love the games I've played here.

Bean Bandit

[20:53] <Sailor_Anastasia> The kami reply to your probe, extending your senses out. You can feel the ambient energy all around from what happened with Celcia, the escaped energy taken by the kami of cold, wind, ice and water of Tokyo. The spillove seems to have given them added strength...
[20:55] <Rei-chan> Taking that in, Rei turns her attention to the bracelet itself, and the confrontation raging within...
[20:56] <Sailor_Anastasia> OOC - Another check as before.
[20:56] <Rei-chan> roll 2d6+2
[20:56] * Shai`Hulud --> "Rei-chan rolls 2d6+2 and gets 8."
[20:57] <Sailor_Anastasia> The conflict...invisioned in the dancing flames, you see Ami, bloodied, bruised and beaten...as Sailor Mercury. Celcia holds her by the throat...then a coffin of ice surrounds her, causing the ice spirit to blink and fade...into the Talisman on Ami's wrist! From there, the two aura begin to clash and grow, the energy from the battle flowing into the Talisman directly...
[20:58] <Rei-chan> 'So that's what she did...' Rei thinks, trying to percieve the ultimate result if no outside force acts on the Talisman...
[20:59] <Sailor_Anastasia> OOC - Soul check +6.
[20:59] <Rei-chan> roll 2d6+6 burning 20 EP
[20:59] * Shai`Hulud --> "Rei-chan rolls 2d6+6 burning 20 EP and gets 14."
[20:59] <Rei-chan> do-over!
[21:00] <Rei-chan> roll 2d6+6 burning 20 EP
[21:00] * Shai`Hulud --> "Rei-chan rolls 2d6+6 burning 20 EP and gets 16."
[21:00] <Rei-chan> do-over!
[21:00] <Rei-chan> roll 2d6+6 burning 20 EP
[21:00] * Shai`Hulud --> "Rei-chan rolls 2d6+6 burning 20 EP and gets 18."
[21:00] * Rei-chan sets mode: -v+v Shai`Hulud Queen_Serenity
[21:01] <Sailor_Anastasia> The mists of time fail to part for you, only the burning warmth of the kami filling you...even as you realise you are beginning to shiver by being so close to Ami's Talisman.
[21:02] * Rei-chan slowly brings herself out of her trance, quickly handing the talisman off to Ami and warming her hands by the Sacred Flame as she rises.
[21:03] <Ami-chan> Ami takes the bracelet, slipping it back onto her wrist, and blinks at the suddeness of Rei's movements, staying quiet instead of pressing for information.
[21:03] <Sailor_Anastasia> As you put it on, you feel better. Warmer, or perhaps simply less cold.
[21:04] <Rei-chan> Turning to Ami as she warms up, Rei speaks. "Okay, I learned a bit, although I'm still not sure what will happen with Celcia and your Talisman. Let's go back to Artemis and I'll explain."
[21:05] <Ami-chan> Ami relaxes as she's suddenly far more comfortable, and nods. "All right." she agrees softly. "Are you all right?"
[21:06] * Rei-chan nods. "Just... the cold doesn't exactly agree with me," she offers, smiling ruefully. "Anyway, let's go." Bowing once more to the flame, she exits and hurries back to the house and warmth of her bedroom.
[21:07] <Sailor_Anastasia> As Ami goes out, she finds that it's not really that cold outside. Maybe a light jacket, but nothing more. Pleasant, really.
[21:07] <Ami-chan> Ami follows close by, and nodding to herself once again. "Hypothesis confirmed." she says in a low voice.
[21:09] <Sailor_Anastasia> You find Artemis waiting for you, sprawled across Rei's bed and loudly purring as he rubs against the warm, warm, warm quilt...and jumping up, a bit embarrassed and surprised. "How was it," he asks quickly, assuming his normal sitting position.
[21:10] <Ami-chan> Ami giggles, but doesn't comment on the compromising position. "Rei-chan will tell us both at the same time."
[21:11] * Rei-chan blinks at the sight, but shakes her head and chooses not to make an issue of it. Sitting back down, she takes a breath. "Okay, first of all, I know what happened to all the energy that was released - it's been taken by the spirits of cold and wind, ice and water... giving them even more strength than they normally have at this time of year."
[21:12] <Sailor_Anastasia> "Will that mean we'll get more storms like this," Artemis asks, going for the salient point. "We had a couple of snowstorms and icestorms after Celcia, if I remember."
[21:13] <Rei-chan> "Chances are, we're in for a long and brutal Winter," Rei nods, not looking particularly enthused at all.
[21:20] * Rei-chan sets mode: +o Bean
[21:21] <Sailor_Anastasia> Artemis sighs at that. "I HATE the cold," he gripes, before getting back to the matter on hand. "Was there anything else besides that?"
[21:22] <Rei-chan> "Not really," Rei says apologetically. "I saw what happened when Ami captured Celcia, but that's not anything new for you guys. I couldn't see what the ultimate result of her being inside the Talisman will be..."
[21:24] * Bean is now known as Ami-chan
[21:28] <Ami-chan> Ami nods, flinching a little at the memory of the fight with Celcia. "So we're still not sure if this presents a potential problem...but at least we know where the excess energy went..." she murmurs, examining her wrist.
[21:30] <Rei-chan> "Well, I'd say it's a problem," Rei says, "For now, it looks like Celcia's contained, and the struggle doesn't seem to be having a detrimental effect on your Talisman, but if Celcia manages to break free or even subvert the bracelet, you'll be the first one in danger, Ami-chan. And there's no telling how this'll affect the Talisman if you actually try to draw forth a large amount of its power, later on."
[21:32] <Sailor_Anastasia> "You'll have to be careful, Ami-chan," Artemis says, shaking his head.
[21:32] <Ami-chan> Ami nods. "Though, it's never been particularly powerful before." she observes. "Perhaps some controlled experiments, with you or Usagi-chan supervising?" Ami suggests.
[21:36] <Rei-chan> "Experimentation is the surest way to know," Rei nods. "But, in the end, I don't think it's feasible to keep Celcia in there forever - even if she can't get out on her own, outside circumstances can always change to make it possible. And having her pop out while you're dealing with another problem sure wouldn't be pleasant."
[21:37] <Ami-chan> Ami blanches. "Agreed." she murmurs softly. "But...I really don't know what to do with her...binding her to my talisman was...impulsive."
[21:41] <Rei-chan> "It did work. And I'm impressed you were able to come up with it and pull it off," Rei reassures her friend. "It's just that having her bound into something that you keep with you at all times and carry into battles is fairly risky. If Celcia really is immortal, then we'll either have to imprison her elsewhere, or... reform her."
[21:41] * Rei-chan makes a face, "Considering how hell bent she was on making her 'icy paradise', I'm not sure that's possible. Spirits are notoriously intractable."
[21:48] <Ami-chan> Ami colors a bit at the praise, then nods. "She doesn't seem like someone we can reason with." Ami admits, shuddering. "I suppose we should look into rebuilding the prison, somehow..."
[21:50] <Rei-chan> "Not necessarily - spirit sealing can be done far more easily than trapping people inside crystals like the Moon Kingdom used to," Rei points out.
[21:51] <Ami-chan> Ami nods, slowly. "What do you think we should do?"
[21:56] * Rei-chan purses her lips as she thinks. "We draw her out of the bracelet while inside a pre-warded area, and then perform a ritual sealing..." she sighs. "Such things aren't permanent solutions, of course - I've dealt with enough spirits that have escaped their old seals to know that well enough. But unless we can talk her out of being such a freeze-happy psychopath or kill her, it's probably the only other option."
[21:57] <Ami-chan> Ami's lips thin as she nods. "Killing her seems to be an imperfect solution..."
[22:00] <Rei-chan> "Quite," Rei agrees. "If we're going to seal her, I'll want to do some research first so that nothing goes wrong. And..." she looks thoughtful for a moment before shaking her head. "Anyway, I'll see what I can come up with."
[22:02] <Ami-chan> Ami nods. "That sounds fine." she agrees, smiling slightly. "Thank you....and for the training, as well. This wouldn't have gone as well without what you taught me."
[22:04] * Rei-chan smiles brightly. "I'm really glad to hear that, Ami-chan. You did a good job, taking care of Celcia yourself." She smirks, "I should probably chastise you for recklessness, but it seems moot considering you got things done without much trouble."
[22:05] <Ami-chan> Ami blushes. "You've been beaten to it." she admits. "Mother was...frightened when I explained..."
[22:07] * Rei-chan smiles wistfully. "Can't blame a mother for that. But, you're here, safe and sound, while Celcia is as incapacitated as she can be, under the circumstances. I'd say things turned out for the best."
[22:10] <Ami-chan> Ami nods slowly, a more relaxed smile on her face. "Mm. So far, at any rate. It would seem not to be entirely over, just yet. I hope the others are holding up well..."
[22:11] <Rei-chan> "Was it just you, Cyprine, and Ptilol?" Rei asks, sipping her tea.
[22:13] <Ami-chan> "No, Haruka and Viluy were there...as well as a girl named Natsume...she said she knew Usagi, I think." Ami allows, her cheeks pinking just slightly at -that- memory.
[22:14] <Rei-chan> "Natsume Kusanagi?" Rei asks, checking her memory. "I met her, once. She knows Usagi is Sailor Moon."
[22:15] <Ami-chan> Ami fidgets. "She...knows out identities, too." Ami murmurs. "My transformation collapsed while I was fighting Celcia, and we all managed to give each other away..."
[22:16] * Rei-chan is silent for a long moment. "Ah," she says succinctly. Shaking her head, she gives Ami a reassuring smile, "Well, she's kept Usagi's secret all this time, so I'm sure she's trustworthy."
[22:19] <Ami-chan> Ami nodded, embarrassedly. "She seems...reliable." she agrees softly. "But...I'm afraid she didn't get to see us at our best..."
[22:20] * Rei-chan looks at Ami curiously for elaboration. It sounded like they'd won handily enough, hadn't it?
[22:25] <Ami-chan> "There were a few miscues." Ami giggles softly. "I didn't get to see it, but Artemis told me later about Haruka throwing her sword to help us during a battle on the upper ledges of the ice palace. Apparently it bounced off the wall, a few feet below us. We never even saw it."
[22:26] * Rei-chan covers her mouth as she snickers, quickly masking it with a cough. It takes a few seconds for her to recover, giving Ami a sincere look across the table. "That's terrible," she manages to squeak out.
[22:28] <Ami-chan> Ami's lips twitch, and she nods solemnly, her eyes twinkling. "Isn't it?" she asks, in an equally sincere voice. "Poor Haruka..."
[22:30] <Rei-chan> "At least she tried... I guess..." Rei says, feeling guilty, but that feeling failing to lessen her amusement one bit.
[22:32] <Ami-chan> Ami nods, grinning. "It's true. It's not to say she didn't do well...she was invaluable...but the look that must have been on her face." Ami giggles.
[22:34] <Rei-chan> "We all have our off days, I suppose... but disarming yourself like that..." Rei shakes her head.
[22:35] <Ami-chan> Ami nods, a sympathetic look on her face. "Well, Mako-chan -does- make it look easy..."
[22:37] <Ami-chan> "But, at any rate, it was our day for it." Ami sighed. "It was probably as embarrassing as Natsume-san carrying me down the stairs into the palace." she admits, not looking particularly -unhappy-, exactly.
[22:39] <Rei-chan> "She had to carry you - before you fought Celcia?" Rei asks, surprised. "If things were as difficult as that, why didn't you call for the rest of us?"
[22:42] <Ami-chan> "It wasn't..." Ami stutters, blushing. "It wasn't my idea. An Ice statue of Oxyite had cut my leg, and it was bleeding impressively, but once it was bandaged, I could walk on it...She just picked me up before I could argue!" Ami insists, having her hands in a warding motion.
[22:43] <Rei-chan> "Um... okay?" Rei says, wondering at the blush and flustered denial.
[22:44] <Ami-chan> "It wasn't all that bad. Really." Ami repeats, calming down. "Just draining."
[22:45] * Rei-chan nods. "I can't complain, since you did win, after all."
[22:49] <Sailor_Anastasia> Artemis finally looks up, "We did at least that. In retrospect, it was closer than I was hoping it would be, too...And further, there's been a complication with the possession victim."
[22:50] <Rei-chan> "There has?" Rei looks a bit worried. 'And they waited until now to mention this?'
[22:51] <Ami-chan> Ami nods and looks to Artemis. "You mean what the professor told us yesterday?"
[22:52] <Sailor_Anastasia> "Exactly, Ami-chan. Celcia seems to have struck a Fastian bargain with Miss Nakahime. She was dying of cancer, but offered to freeze it out of her - with the string attached that it would cost her body."
[22:52] * Rei-chan closes her eyes. "And now the cancer returns?"
[22:53] <Sailor_Anastasia> "No, it seems to be gone," Artemis shakes his head. "Celcia did fulfill that end of the bargain, I suppose. When we found them, she had partially...converted her body."
[22:54] <Rei-chan> "What kind of conversion?" Rei asks with a faint grimace.
[22:54] <Ami-chan> "Right down to the cellular level." Ami nods. "The immunity to cold we discovered with my talisman seems to be innate, for her."
[22:55] <Sailor_Anastasia> "We aren't certain how far, but Celcia was laying the founding work to make that her body...you can imagine the sort of changes it affected."
[22:55] <Rei-chan> "From what I remember of Celcia, that probably comes with a corresponding weakness to heat," Rei observes. "I'm not sure... but Usagi's Moon Healing Escalation could return her to normal. It's the best chance for it, at least."
[22:57] <Ami-chan> Ami blinks thoughtfully. "That is possible...Though, she may not want to." Ami observes. "She was an ice scupltor..."
[22:59] <Rei-chan> "Well... if she likes that enough to sacrifice her humanity...?" Rei says, an expression of faint incomprehension on her features.
[23:01] <Ami-chan> Ami smiles wryly. "Put that way, I suppose you might be right. I was simply thinking of the benifits of having my Elemental control...it would be hard for me to give that up..."
[23:02] <Rei-chan> "You have a point," Rei admits, "We're not exactly human ourselves. In the end, the decision is hers, and not knowing her at all, I won't waste time second guessing it."
[23:03] <Ami-chan> Ami nods. "And we should at least offer." she agrees. "If she wants it, it would be good to resolve the matter entirely."
[23:06] * Rei-chan glances at Ami's silvery-blue bracelet. "Yeah. Hopefully we can put this whole matter behind us, soon enough." She shakes her head, "I wonder if any other enemies we've killed could come back like that...?"
[23:07] * Sailor_Anastasia is now known as Ana-away
[23:07] <Ami-chan> Ami shudders. "What a horrible thought. It's...well, It's probably not right to feel this way, but Oxyite should stay dead."
[23:08] <Rei-chan> "Him and a dozen others..." Rei sighs, starting to look a little introspective, "Even if a few were... mistakes..."
[23:09] <Ami-chan> Ami sighs. "We can't afford to dwell on them, though...we did the best we could at the time..."
[23:10] * Rei-chan nods. "Yeah. Just... sometimes it's hard not to." Blowing out a breath, she straightens up. "What's done is done, though. No turning back the clock."
[23:13] <Ami-chan> Ami smiles reassuringly. "As long as we use our mistakes to learn enough to avoid repeating them, the experience wasn't a complete waste."
[23:15] <Rei-chan> "Did we, though?" Rei asks, before shaking her head. "I'm sorry, Ami-chan. You shouldn't have to listen to me when I'm like this." Offering a smile at the girl opposite her, she changes the subject, "So, do you have any plans for the next week, what with school being cancelled?"
[23:17] <Ami-chan> Ami shakes her head. "It's all right." she offers, but lets the topic switch slide. "I'm afraid not, really...Assuming we can move about on the streets soon, I'll end up at the library or at school for most of the week." She muses.
[23:21] * Rei-chan nods. "The Shrine stays closed during this kind of weather, although I'll still have to do a bit of snow shovelling. Beyond that I'll probably do some gardening up on the Moon. Even if it's normally chilly up there, it's a heck of a lot better than down here, lately."
[23:22] <Ami-chan> Ami blinks. "That reminds me...I haven't attended to my projects up there in some time...I should probably build another lightsaber, and see what I need to fin-Ara...Sorry, it's my turn to think out loud, I suppose." she blushed.
[23:24] <Rei-chan> "That's alright," Rei smiles. "If you don't have anything else to do, today, we can go up there after lunch?" she offers. 'Lightsaber?'
[23:26] <Ami-chan> "That would be wonderful." Ami agrees, smiling. "Thank you."
[23:29] <Rei-chan> "It's no trouble," Rei smiles as the two girls fall into chatting over less serious subjects to pass the time until after lunch when they head up to the Moon, Rei to tend the gardens and Ami to put some time in on her technical projects...
[23:29] <Rei-chan> --------
---

Bean Bandit

Continuity note: Takes place shortly after the interestingly named Garden/Panties thread. >_>

[19:36] <@Usagi-chan> -----
[19:37] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Ami-chan
[19:39] <@Usagi-chan> The chill of the Arctic blows outside Mugen Gakuen, even now after the defeat of the ice spirit Celcia. While the snows have ceased, the frigid temperatures outside remain, as well as the accumulated snow - making travel hazardous at best and deadly at worst. Even in the depths of the underground laboratories, it seems a bit chillier than usual - not that Ami notices as she pokes among the equipment.
[19:40] <@Usagi-chan> Her idle wandering is interrupted by the sound of footsteps, followed by a familiar voice from the doorway to the lab. "Ami-chan? Are you in here?"
[19:43] <@Ami-chan> 'I suppose it won't do to pout over being forced to rest-' Ami looks up as her train of thought is derailed by a very familiar voice. Unfortunately, the rather serious burst of deja vu failed to remind her she was looking through a cupboard..."Usagi-cha...Itai!" she whimpered, her head connecting sharply with a shelf.
[19:45] * @Usagi-chan eeps at the sound of pain, hurrying into the lab. "Ami-chan, are you okay?" she asks worriedly, finally finding Ami near the back of the lab behind some unidentifiable machine of some sort.
[19:49] <@Ami-chan> Ami withdraws her head from the cupboard, rubbing anxiously at the abused back of her head. She smiles up at Usagi, with a pensive, nervous expression, but it would be easy to miss that, in light of the change. Specifically, Ami's ordinarily tousled, short blue hair now spills over her shoulders and down her back in an azure wave, held in place by a simple black ribbon.
[19:49] <@Ami-chan> "Just a bump...Hello, Usagi-chan." she replies shyly.
[19:50] * @Usagi-chan draws back in surprise, her concern shelved as she takes in the change in her friend's appearance. "Is that really you, Ami-chan?" She reaches out to touch Ami's hair, as if to make sure it's really there. "But.. how did you... is that really your hair?"
[19:54] <@Ami-chan> Ami blinks, and her posture loses some of it's tenseness. "Wh-oh!" Ami begins to blush. "No, not really. Tellu-" She gestures embarrassedly, suddenly realizing how out of character the whole afternoon would seem for her. "Tellu wanted to...and so I used my disguise pen." she says finally, her cheeks turning a deep red. "I...liked it, so I left it in."
[19:56] <@Usagi-chan> Usagi smiles. "It looks really nice - you should try growing your hair long for real," the blonde says with a smile. "You've been hanging out with Tellu today?" she asks a moment later. "I'm kind of surprised she's here, with how bad the weather is."
[19:57] * Plush[AFK] is now known as Liddo-kun
[19:58] <@Ami-chan> Ami blushes a little darker at the compliment, smiling slightly. "Tellu would come to school in a Typhoon." she comments with only a slightly joking air. "She really loves the plants in the garden."
[20:01] * @Usagi-chan giggles a bit at Ami's comment - and her blush. "That's for sure - I'm just glad they've got a greenhouse. This blizzard would really be hard on them otherwise." Shaking her head a bit, the blonde gives her friend a slightly more concerned look. "But anyway, how are YOU doing? I've talked with the Professor and Rei, so I heard about Celcia."
[20:04] <@Ami-chan> Ami nods, then a slightly inscrutable expression flickers over her face. "It's...been a difficult few days." she said finally, in a very soft voice.
[20:08] * @Usagi-chan nods, giving the blue-haired genius a sympathetic look. "I can only imagine... this thing's been a mess in more ways than one." She sighs a bit at that admission. "You feel like talking about it at all?"
[20:10] <@Ami-chan> Ami smiles slightly, biting her lip. "What did the others say about it?" she asks in reply, closing up the cupboard doors.
[20:11] <@Usagi-chan> "Not all that much about the details," Usagi admits. "I got the story of the battle from the Professor, and Rei told me that things are pretty much holding even with your Talisman right now, but she had no idea when or if that would change."
[20:14] <@Ami-chan> Ami nods and sighs. "I was...foolish." she admits. "I challenged Celcia without thinking of the consequences. My only thought was to free Nakahime-san from her grip. It almost cost me my life."
[20:16] * @Usagi-chan shakes her head. "It might have been foolish, and it might not have been," she replies. "If you HADN'T done it, maybe Miss Nakahime WOULD have been lost - there's no way to know either way, now. And you're still okay - I don't know what to do about your Talisman, but I'm sure we'll figure something out. You're still safe, and so is everyone else - that's all that matters in the end, isn't it?"
[20:22] <@Ami-chan> *Is it?* Ami wonders, in a tiny, guarded corner of her mind. She opens her mouth to reply, then thinks better of it, switching tacks. "Mm...I'm not so sure." she sighs. "I've never seen Artemis so pale as when I woke up...and Mother..." Ami bows her head. "If Celcia had succeeded in turning me..."  
[20:25] * @Usagi-chan deflates a little at that. "I... heard how badly you were hurt," she says quietly. "I'm sorry I wasn't there to help you." She lowers her gaze, unable to meet Ami's eyes. "I should have known something was up, should have come to help you," she mumbles to herself.
[20:28] <@Ami-chan> Ami blinks, looking up. "What? Usagi-chan, no one knew." she points out, smiling wanly. "The only reason we got help at all was because I'd told the professor what I was going to be doing...Cypriene and Ptilol said Celcia had erected a powerful damping field around the mall." she smiles a little more genuinely. "You can't blame yourself for that..."
[20:31] <@Usagi-chan> "I still should have figured out something from all the snow... never mind," Usagi says, shaking her head a bit and giving Ami a small smile. "You guys still managed to take care of her." She snorts slightly. "I just still can't believe that Natsume of all people was in there, too."
[20:33] <@Ami-chan> Ami's eyebrows rise slightly, and her blush returns, a slight pink dusting her cheeks and nose. "That's right, Kusanagi-san mentioned you'd been teaching her."
[20:34] <@Usagi-chan> "Yeah, off and on since we got back from Shadow Tokyo," she confirms with a slight smile. "Ann was the one who actually introduced us... well, sort of." She shakes her head at the memory.
[20:37] <@Ami-chan> Ami nods. "Does she know...about Sailor Moon?" Ami sighs with embarrassed exasperation. "It was a comedy of errors with our identities..."
---

Bean Bandit

(Parte the second!)

[20:40] <@Usagi-chan> "Yeah, she's known for quite a while now - a couple of months," Usagi sighs. "Sometimes I swear the universe is conspiring against us - while I was trying to teach her how to use her ki sword better, she managed to release some sort of spirit from a stone. Not TOO powerful, but I still had to transform to beat it. She's known about me ever since."
[20:44] <@Ami-chan> Ami nods, giggling a little. "Viluy called Haruka by name, and dropped her transformation later, and mine dropped when...when Celcia entered me." Ami falters slightly, then shakes her head. "If it wasn't so serious at the time, it would have been funny." Talking a bit faster, as though to move on from the subject, Ami adds, "She's strong, too."
[20:45] <@Usagi-chan> "Yeah, she really is," Usagi agrees, looking a bit thoughtful. "Enough potential to be a senshi." She has a rather distant look on her face as she speaks.
[20:45] <@Ami-chan> Ami blinks. "Sensh-Venus?" she blinks, putting two and two together.
[20:47] * @Usagi-chan nods. "I... haven't really talked about it with any of the others yet, but after this... I think it might be a good idea. She already knows how to use a sword, so she won't have any trouble with the Talisman, and the rest... well, we can help her out with the rest of it. But I still want to keep an eye on her for a while, just to make sure." 'If she starts to take on Minako's personality...' she thinks, not quite privately enough.
[20:48] <@Ami-chan> Ami nods pensively. "Ano...Usagi-chan...is that wise? After what happened to Viluy...?" she trails off, apparently having come to the conclusion independently.
[20:50] <@Usagi-chan> "I don't know," Usagi admits. "I tried to ask Setsuna about that the last time I saw her, but she didn't really give me an answer - as usual. That's why I'm not moving very fast on this one - if... if Minako DOES start to bleed over into Natsume, I want to make sure she's strong enough to handle it."
[20:54] <@Ami-chan> Ami nods. "And we should explain Viluy to her first." she agrees.
[20:56] * @Usagi-chan nods. "I actually spent the morning with her, explaining some of the senshi's history. At this point, I look at her at least like one of the Witches, and they know just about everything about us. And if I DO decide to make her a senshi, it's probably not a bad idea to start getting her ready for it."
[21:00] <@Ami-chan> Ami nods, rubbing slightly at the still flushed skin on her cheeks, seeming thoughtful. "I don't think she'd look good with blonde hair."
[21:02] <@Usagi-chan> "Or silver," Usagi says with a scowl. "Anyway, did you need a lift anywhere? I know it's hard to get around right now."
[21:04] <@Ami-chan> Ami blinks, jarred out of her thoughts. "Mmm...Could I bother you for a ride to the moon? I need to retrieve one of my projects for completion down here."
[21:06] <@Usagi-chan> "Sure, no problem," Usagi says with a smile. "I was planning on spending the rest of the afternoon up there anyway - it's actually warmer up there than down here for a change," she says with a small giggle.
[21:10] <@Ami-chan> Ami laughs softly, but a flicker of embarrassed nervousnes slides over her expression as Usagi smiles. *Stop that, Ami. It's not a dream, she hasn't so much as touched you. Calm down.* "How bad is it out there?" Ami asks curiously.
[21:12] <@Usagi-chan> "No more snow coming down, thank God, but the drifts... I doubt we could even walk the streets to get to either one of our houses right now, it's so bad. And it's so cold that I bet the snow won't start melting for another few days at least." She shivers a bit at that. "I just want to curl up in front of a fireplace and relax for a few hours."
[21:16] <@Ami-chan> Ami nods, discreetly looking away to try and reign in her deja vu before looking back at Usagi. "It feels strange to be outside in that, wearing my talisman." she replies softly. "I didn't realize it was cold at all until Rei asked me to take it off."
[21:17] <@Usagi-chan> "Rei mentioned that... you didn't think it was cold at all?" Usagi asks curiously.
[21:19] <@Ami-chan> Ami's lips quirk into a slight smile. "I did once I took it off." She admits. "It was...rather shocking, as I'd been out before...but I was too nervous about the talisman to do anything but keep it in sight at all times." she adds, walking to stand beside the blonde.
[21:21] * @Usagi-chan glances over at the silvery-blue bracelet on Ami's wrist, shaking her head a bit. "I just can't imagine thinking it's not cold out there... Anyway, did you need to get anything before we left?"
[21:23] <@Ami-chan> "No, I'm ready." Ami replies softly, shivering a little. *It's not...but...I can't help but...Just have to put it out of my mind...*
[21:24] <@Usagi-chan> "All right then, here we go!" Usagi says with a smile. Walking around behind Ami, she places her hands on the blue-haired girl's shoulders, chanting briefly... The world turns white a few seconds later, and when the two girls' vision clears, they both stand in Usagi's office in the palace of the Moon Kingdom.
[21:26] <@Ami-chan> Ami smiles. "Home away from home." she murmurs, looking around. "And...you still haven't cleaned up." she giggles.
[21:27] <@Usagi-chan> "Hey!" Usagi says indignantly. "It's not my fault people keep giving me paperwork," she says lamely, stepping away from Ami and stretching.
[21:32] <@Ami-chan> Ami smiles and shakes her head. "Don't worry about it." she giggles. "We can always get someone to tidy up for you."  
[21:33] <@Usagi-chan> "But then how will I find anything?" Usagi says with a half smile. "This IS how I keep things organized!" She giggles a bit at that.
[21:34] <@Ami-chan> "I'm impressed you can find things as it is. This looks like my worbench." Ami observes with a smile, trying hard to keep her mood light.
[21:35] <@Usagi-chan> "See?" Usagi says triumphantly. "It's not just me then!" she grins.
[21:39] <@Ami-chan> Ami turns and smiles slightly. "I constantly lose my tools." she points out, giggling.
[21:40] <@Usagi-chan> "Well, I..." Usagi starts, then blushes. "Okay, so I've lost a few reports. But who's counting, right?" she says.
[21:42] <@Ami-chan> Ami smiles and nods. "Right." she agrees with a shy smile. "Did you have something to do while we're here? I can occupy myself if you're busy for awhile."
[21:43] <@Usagi-chan> "Not really," Usagi says. "But I am curious what you're working on, if you don't mind the company. I haven't taken a look in your workshop for a while."
[21:47] <@Ami-chan> Ami smiles and shakes her head, blushing a bit. "No, I don't mind, but I didn't get a chance to clean up after I left with Rei. It's...disorganized." she admits with a blush heading to the door.
[21:48] * @Usagi-chan gives Ami a wry smile. "Excuse me, is this my office we're leaving? You think I haven't seen disorganized before?"
[21:51] <@Ami-chan> Ami smiles slightly. "Your office wouldn't have open machinery with sharp edges and mild electrical currents." Ami observes dryly. "Disorganized is a saftey hazard, for me."
[21:52] <@Usagi-chan> "I'll be careful," Usagi reassures her friend. 'At least my office is only dangerous when I'm in it,'
[21:52] <@Usagi-chan> she thinks to herself.
[21:55] <@Ami-chan> "Okay." Ami agrees, heading off down the hall, pausing as she waits for Usagi to follow. "...Umu...Usagi-chan?"
[21:55] <@Usagi-chan> "Hmm?" Usagi says, a few steps behind Ami. "What is it?"
[21:56] <@Ami-chan> "There's not anything...different about me that you can see, is there?" Ami asks in a small voice.
[21:58] * @Usagi-chan pauses a moment, giving Ami a rather penetrating look as she examines her friend's aura. "Not really," she replies after a few moments' study. "Your Talisman looks different, obviously, but you yourself look the same as ever." She gives Ami a reassuring smile.
[21:59] <@Ami-chan> Ami lets out a soft breath, smiling slightly and nodding. "That's a relief."
[22:01] * @Usagi-chan reaches over, giving Ami's shoulder a squeeze. "You beat her, Ami-chan," she says quietly. "She's still fighting your Talisman, but we'll figure out how to put her away for good soon."
[22:06] <@Ami-chan> Ami shakes her head slightly. "She...did things to me while I couldn't move." Ami confessed quietly. "It was really hard to resist what she said...I just needed to be sure I wasn't..."
[22:07] <@Usagi-chan> "You're not," Usagi says with a smile. "You're the same Ami-chan I've always known - you don't have anything to worry about."
[22:11] <@Ami-chan> Ami blushes, turning down the hall to her lab. "I hope not. It...was jarring to find myself actually having to resist her urging to let her freeze me..."
[22:12] <@Usagi-chan> "What sorts of things was she saying?" Usagi asks quietly, still keeping pace with the blue-haired girl.
[22:20] <@Ami-chan> " 'So you won't be alone when they finally ditch you, Ami. I can make it stop hurting, too. Just become cold...even though they hate you. You won't care anymore,' " Ami quotes. Her mood is still somber, but her voice is clear and firm. 'Tellu really helped.' she marvels warmly.
[22:23] * @Usagi-chan smiles a bit at the overheard thought, but her expression is sad. "That's awful, Ami," she says quietly. "I'm glad you know that we wouldn't ever do anything like that, though. I could never hate you, and I bet the others would all say the same thing."
[22:25] <@Ami-chan> Ami smiles and nods. "I think I know...I just feel...disconnected from everyone, sometimes." she admits, stopping in front of the door near the library leading to her workshop. "It's...depressing."
[22:27] <@Usagi-chan> "Well, if you feel like that, say something!" Usagi says. "I'd love to do things with you more often, it's just that I get distracted sometimes." She looks a bit guilty at that.
[22:28] <@Ami-chan> Ami smiles and shakes her head, opening the door and turning on the light. "It's nothing important...and at least as much my fault as anyone else's." she points out.
[22:31] <@Usagi-chan> "But it IS important!" Usagi insists. "You shouldn't have to feel like that, Ami-chan - we DO care about you, and I'm sorry if I haven't been very good about showing that sometimes myself."
[22:35] <@Ami-chan> Ami blushed, waving her hands. "No....no, I didn't say that to get everyone to pay attention to me." she protested, cheeks burning. "Besides, You have other obligations, too. I don't want to intrude on them."
[22:38] <@Usagi-chan> "I know you didn't, Ami-chan - don't worry about that. And you're not intruding - you're my friend, and I'm sorry if I haven't been very good about showing that for a while. You're more important than any obligations I might have."
[22:42] <@Ami-chan> Ami leads the way into the corner of her lab where her bench is set up, looking up earnestly as she crouches down to reach below the bench. "You have a family, Usagi-chan." she points out, dryly. "Two of them."
[22:44] <@Usagi-chan> "Yeah, but that doesn't mean I need to spend ALL my free time with them," Usagi points out. "I do love spending time with Rei and Chibi Usa, but I have other friends too - like you. I don't need to ignore you just to be with them."
[22:48] <@Ami-chan> Ami blushes and nods. "And you do." she points out, pulling out a small, wheeled board...and on the board, a young girl with long blue hair, a few shades lighter than Ami's, and rather elfin features lay, dressed in a black dress, with a mini-cape covering her shoulders, and two white tassles in front, and a black riboon holding her hair back...
[22:50] * @Usagi-chan takes on an expression of surprise, then recognition as the 'girl' is wheeled out. "Oh! Is this..." She snaps her fingers a couple of times, trying to remember...
[22:52] <@Ami-chan> "Mao-chan." Ami replies with a smile, slipping her arms under the little girl's form and picking her up in a very human manner. In fact, the little girl is extremely lifelike, only the lack of breathing giving away that she's not simply sleeping.
[22:52] <@Usagi-chan> "That's right," Usagi says, smiling at the name. "How is she coming along?"
[22:55] <@Ami-chan> "She's...finished, actually." Ami smiles. "I think. The AI I developed worked fine in the testing stages, but I have a problem with the final phase before I can wake her up."
[22:56] <@Usagi-chan> "What's wrong with her? Or is it way over my head?" the blonde asks with a wry smile.
[22:58] <@Ami-chan> "Nothing technical." Ami replies, giggling, then frowns. "At least, I hope." she amends. "But I can't create an AI that can learn on it's own without a little magical help." she admits. "TO do it with only technology would reguire a brain bigger than her."
[22:59] <@Usagi-chan> "I can see where that could be a problem," Usagi agrees. "What were you planning to do about it?"
[23:01] <@Ami-chan> "Professor Tomoe is going to help me with the final stages, and I'm hoping we can interest Viluy, too." Ami admits. "Her decreased interest in science is somewhat vexing in this instance, but I suppose it can't be helped."
[23:02] <@Usagi-chan> "Yeah..." Usagi says, frowning a little. "I'm sure you and the Professor will be able to work it out if she's not interested, though. I just wish I could help, but I don't have the first clue when it comes to machines."
[23:03] <@Ami-chan> Ami smiles and nods. "I think we will. I don't understand how to fuse Magic and technology yet, but what I do know suggests it's not a problem.
[23:04] <@Ami-chan> But...in that vein, I have a...favor to ask." she blushes.
[23:05] * @Usagi-chan smiles. "No problem - what is it?"
[23:09] <@Ami-chan> "Do you think you could ask Chibi Usa to...play with her a little?" Ami blushes again. "I left her active memory nearly empty on purpose, so that she could learn and grow more normally..."
[23:10] <@Usagi-chan> "Of course! As long as you're sure she's not dangerous or anything, that'd be fine with me. It'll be good for Chibi Usa, too - she still doesn't have a lot of friends her own age yet." Usagi smiles.
[23:13] * Makoto is now known as Mako-zzz
[23:15] <@Ami-chan> Ami smiles. "Wonderful. And no, she's not dangerous. Even in her senshi form, I included safety protocols."
[23:16] * @Usagi-chan blinks. "Senshi form?"
[23:18] <@Ami-chan> "Ahm." Ami replies, looking slightly shifty. "I thought it might be nice to have her able to protect bystanders or Artemis and Luna on scene."
[23:20] * Quits: @Liddo-kun (Subaru@ip68-104-3-140.lv.lv.cox.net) (QUIT: And away we go! -=SysReset 2.53=-)
[23:20] * @Usagi-chan giggles. "Sounds like fun. What kind of things can she do?"
[23:28] <@Ami-chan> "Well, I took the principle of Viluy's mosaic buster, and modified the nanites into a more general purpose tool." Ami explains, warming to her subject. "The nanites can be used to form an energy web as a shield, or to attack, like Viluy does...She also uses them to make her fuku, and regenerate damage."
[23:28] <@Usagi-chan> "Sounds like she's just about ready to go, then," Usagi says with a smile. "I hope you and the Professor can figure out how to start her up soon."
[23:30] <@Ami-chan> Ami nods. "I've been working on her ever since I finished Lita...I'm really looking forward to getting to see her work."
[23:31] <@Usagi-chan> "So am I... I remember you showing her to me once before, but I haven't been keeping up with what you're doing," Usagi says a bit apologetically. "I usually end up too busy taking care of paperwork or working on my own projects when I'm up here. But I'm glad to see that she's just about finished."
[23:34] <@Ami-chan> Ami blushes again, shyly shaking her head. "It's probably best this way, I like to surprise everyone when I finish."
[23:35] * @Usagi-chan smiles a bit. "I know exactly what you mean," she agrees.
[23:38] <@Ami-chan> Smoothing Mao's hair absently, Ami glances at a half open, hollow rifle casing nearby, and other assorted piles of machinery. "only...too many left to go." she adds wryly.
[23:39] <@Usagi-chan> "Too many...?" Usagi gives Ami a questioning look.
[23:42] <@Ami-chan> Ami smiles and points to the rifle. "That's for Tellu..." she begins, then points to a small pile of hollow steel balls. "Those will be incinderay grenades...Celcia convinced me we needed them. And I'm working on the monitoring system for the palace, and drawing up specifications for the mainframe to regulate the less exotic functions..."
[23:44] * @Usagi-chan sighs. "The mainframe and the monitoring system I knew about, at least... YOUR reports I actually look forward to getting. You and the Professor in particular are really good about putting stuff in a way I can understand - some of the others.... it's just complete gibberish."
[23:45] <@Ami-chan> Ami laughs softly. "We may need to get you an interpreter." she sympathizes.
[23:47] <@Usagi-chan> "I wish," Usagi mutters. "At least things have slowed down a bit since we've gotten more up and running - gives me some time to work on other things."
[23:50] <@Ami-chan> "Mm-hmm." Ami nods, smiling. "Well, if you need help with the technical documents, you can ask...If I can help, I will." she offers.
[23:51] <@Usagi-chan> "Thanks, I really appreciate it," Usagi says with a bright smile. "Anyway, did you need anything else from me?"
[23:54] <@Ami-chan> Ami shakes her head, smiling a little. *It really is different when she's really here...a little nerve-wracking deja vu, but mostly, I can tell the difference between my dream and this...* "Mao-chan was all I was concerned with today."
[23:59] <@Usagi-chan> "All right then," Usagi says with a smile. "I'm going to head up to my bedroom and get a fire going - I'm probably just going to enjoy that, maybe read some manga or take a nap. You're welcome to join me up there if you get done down here or whatever - I definitely wouldn't mind some company." With that she gives Ami a nod, heading for the door to the workshop. "I'll see you later, Ami-chan - give me a call when you're ready to go home, ok
Session Time: Mon Aug 30 00:00:00 2004
[00:01] <@Ami-chan> Ami nods and smiles. "Thank you. Usagi-chan. I'll join you in a little bit, if you're not asleep." she promises. 'So maybe it was all a dream, then.'
[00:02] <@Usagi-chan> And with that, Usagi departs for warmer surroundings - or surroundings that will be warmer shortly after she arrives, at least.
---