News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Training and application of the mind(Natsume thread)

Started by Anastasia, August 18, 2004, 12:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midnight Sun

"That remains to be seen," Natsume responds. She obviously doubted how 'prepared' a few hours of experimenting made her. "In these past few hours, I've made a few revelations. I hope to see the results of them now."

Anastasia

"Really, Natsume," he asks, "Do you believe you have found the secrets you have been seeking?" Raising one grey eyebrow, he waits for you to reply, amrs crossed against his chest.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Midnight Sun

"I believe so, though I still require more training to perfect them," she says. She manifests her ki sword and takes a stance. "I shall demonstrate them now. Enguarde!"

Anastasia

Your Grandfather does the same, but holds his ground. "Come, Natsume," he smiles grimly, beckoning you on with a slight bob forward of his blade. "Show me what you have learned, my granddaughter!"
<Afina> Forever.

Midnight Sun

'So he's giving me the first shot, I'd better not waste it,' she thinks. At once, she begins focusing ki to her legs. 'This is going to hurt, but if I'm prepared for it, I should be able to bear it.'

Anastasia

* Hatbot --> "Mugetsu rolls 2d6 and gets 2."

Your legs spring into life, glowing white as your ki burns! Feeling great speed into your body, you rush forward and make your attack! A simple downward slash, yet hopefully powerful enough to make a great impact!*

Hatbot --> "Mugetsu rolls 2d6-1 and gets 5."

Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 2d6 and gets 6."

Grandfather's eyes widen momentarily as you rush forward, a detail barely pressed into your mind as you travel far faster than you ever expected! Only the sparking hiss of two ki swords meeting slows you at all! Grandfather just barely got his sword up in time, pinned back as the two press against each other.

"Natsume..." he murmurs, before smiling darkly. "Excellent!"

* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 2d6 and gets 8."

Using that, he pushes against it, falling back and seperating by using the momentum gathered! Yet you clearly hold the advantage at the moment, as he regains his posture...
<Afina> Forever.

Midnight Sun

'Perfect, that went alot better than I expected!' she mentally cheers. 'Hm, should I try seeing his aura now? No...I have the advantage, I need to press it!'

With that she begins focusing ki into her legs again.

'I'll try another high speed attack while he's unbalanced!' Natsume thinks, her excitement growing. 'It is possible? Will I actually be able to beat grandfather?!'

Anastasia

* Hatbot --> "Mugetsu rolls 2d6 and gets 5."

* Hatbot --> "Mugetsu rolls 2d6 and gets 5."

* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 2d6 and gets 10."

Again you press your advantage, on your teacher like a gale! This time favoring a spinning swipe at his arm, you score a hit! A little bit of blood is drawn by the slash!

Grandfather winces at the blow, Natsume's success at finally hitting evident. Wasting no more time with words, Grandfather slides into a graceful swooping swipe of his blade, making a v-line for your shoulder!

* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 2d6 and gets 6."

* Hatbot --> "Mugetsu rolls 2d6 and gets 2."

Using your speed again, you dash back and away from the blow! Grandfather comes around into it into a butterfly stance despite his injury.

"Natsume...you have grown..." he murmurs, again waiting for you. "Are you ready now, granddaughter?"
<Afina> Forever.

Midnight Sun

The past two attempts had worked out smoothly, but despite that she could still feel the strain beginning to accumulate in her legs.

'Should I try for a third time?' she thinks. 'No...I'd better tempt not fate too many times in one fight, and its possible he's gotten used to my new speed. I also need to find an opportunity to test the aura-reading ability.'

Shifting her ki katana to a one handed grip and aims an index finger at her opponent.

'I don't think I've used this in a fight against him yet,' she recalls. 'Let's see how he reacts to it!'

Anastasia

* Hatbot --> "Mugetsu rolls 2d6 and gets 10."

You fire, a streak of your ki energy shooting out...

And but wide, instead leaving a smoking hole in the dojowall. Fuck, that's gonna take some spackle to fix.

Grandfather nods at it, but not turning his gaze from you as he rushes forward! A powerful blow with the flat of his blade is aimed at your stomach, to knock the wind out of you!

* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 2d6 and gets 9."

* Hatbot --> "Mugetsu rolls 2d6 and gets 4."

Falling back a second time and losing more ground towards the door, Natsume evades, sucking in her taunt stomach muscles!

Grandfather barely lands, though, clearly intent on pressing. "This is what you want! Prepare!" he calls quite loudly, obviously making a show of it...
<Afina> Forever.

Midnight Sun

She hops back to try and gain some distance. Once again she takes a chance and tries for another speed boost to try and regain the initiative.

'Its been nice to me so far, I just hope I don't jinx it,' she thinks as she prepares.

Anastasia

* Hatbot --> "Mugetsu rolls 2d6 and gets 11."

This time, however, youf eel a pull at your legs! You barely move, your body protests and muscles complaining! As this happens....

* Shai`Hulud --> "Anastasia rolls 2d6 and gets 2."

* Shai`Hulud --> "Anastasia rolls 1d6 and gets 6."

* Shai`Hulud --> "Mugetsu rolls 2d6+2 and gets 11."

OOC - I would like to say, for the record, that all these dice bots fucking suck dragondick. Thank you.

IC:

"Prepare for the Thousand Horde Slash!" Grandfather cries, his aura becoming white hot and visible, blinding you! Far faster than anything your mind can register, pain exploding outward, then...

Blissful unconciousness, your body overwhelmed by the assault on top of the ki expended.

OOC - New thread. -_-
<Afina> Forever.