Evening brush(Ami thread, wear angst boots)

Started by Anastasia, August 31, 2004, 03:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Doesn't it?

Doesn't it?

Does...n't....it?

Soft snoring follows, as Ami quickly passes into an exhaused slumber. This dreamscape is far quieter, though images of a green haired girl with the strangest tint of blue in her eyes haunt you.

"Visit tomorrow..." echos in your mind, "We'll have more fun...."

---

When conciousness finally returns to you, it comes with a rush to the bathroom for your delayed business, followed by a groggy check of your alarm clock on return. Just a hair before six in the morning.

As you do you, you find you do feel considerably better, rested and...mmmm. What's that? The smell of coffee from the kitchen, strong and enticing?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Bean Bandit

Ami rubs her eyes and smiles a little dazedly at the aroma from the kitchen. It's a pleasant distraction from the strange dreams. Smiling a little sleepily and trying to put the dreams out of her mind, she pads into the kitchen, the aroma tugging her awake...
---
I love the games I've played here.

Anastasia

Staggering half awake but fully clothed into the kitchen, you find your mother and Artemis sitting there, throwing off the morning demons with what is truly a divine drink.

At least in your eyes. "Morning..." Sakura yawns, clad in her light water blue bathrobe and sipping awake at her steaming mug of coffee. "Didn't even see you last night...went to bed early?"
<Afina> Forever.

Bean Bandit

Ami nods, yawning and smiling back. "Mmmhmm...Don't remember when. I was really tired..." she admits. She makes her way over to the coffee maker, rooting around for a mug.
---

Anastasia

Finding one - a cute white one, with a black cat printed on it - and pouring yourself a cup of merciful, heavenly coffee, you come to sit with the others. "You fell asleep before lunch, Ami-chan," Artemis notes, suppressing his own yawn.  "You missed a phone call, by the way."
<Afina> Forever.

Bean Bandit

"I did?" Ami blinks, a little distubed by that. That can't be...why? I wasn't... Shaking her head as she nurses her coffee, she looks up curiously. "Who called?"
---

Anastasia

"Natsume Kusanagi, from the mall," he says simply. "She must have asked Usagi for the phone number..." Musing, the human formed cat is cut off by your mother.

"Natsume Kusanagi," she asks, blinking. "Tall girl, black hair?"
<Afina> Forever.

Bean Bandit

Ami flushes slightly at the name, quickly moving the mug up to pass off the sudden color as heat. "She called me?" She asks softly, puzzled and vaguely pleased, then blinking, she turns to her mother.

"That sounds like her...do you know her?"
---

Anastasia

Your mother nods, "She was admitted to the hospital last night," she explains. "A concussion and some bruising. Treated her Grandfather for a nasty cranial contusion as well." Putting down her cup, she smiles. "If she's a friend, Ami...you could come with me to work to visit her."

Offering thus, Mom smiles even more. "Better than sleeping the day away here, anyway."
<Afina> Forever.

Bean Bandit

Ami blushes for real, this time. Should...Well, I'd like...but she's not.. "Uhm, okay." she agrees with an embarrassed smile. "I never did thank her..." She glances at Artemis. "You're coming?" She asks, hopefully.
---

Anastasia

"Sure," Artemis nods in agreement. "It's either that or watch TV again all day." In agreement, Sakura goes back to her coffee.

"Then get ready and cleaned up. I need to be there by 8 30, and the roads still aren't fully cleared."
<Afina> Forever.

Bean Bandit

" All right." Ami responds, drinking her coffee rather quickly, but it still sits well in her worn system. As soon as she finishes, she puts the cup in the sink, and hurries off to her room to get dressed...
---

Anastasia

This goes without incident. (Describe your outfit in your next post if you want.)

On coming outside, you find Artemis in cat form in the kitchen, along with another Mau on the kitchen table. "Artemis," Luna says, "I was thinking...we've both been busy today," smiling warmly to the male Mau of the group, "With the snow level going down, they have fresh fish in again.

Why don't we go get some?"
<Afina> Forever.

Bean Bandit

Ami pauses in the doorway, smoothing out her blouse and skirt, and tugging a little on her sweater. Recognizing the female Mau's voice, She stops just shy of entering the kitchen.

"...going down, they have fresh fish in again. Why don't we go get some?"

Ami freezes as she listens to Luna. She's...asking him on a date...sort of. It's nothing new. She and Artemis have been close...why does thinking about this make my chest hurt?

Trying to squelch a stricken expression, Ami turns and hurries out of the kitchen before she overhears anymore.

....baka...
---

Anastasia

As Ami finds herself running off, half on thought and half on emotion...

"Hm," Luna blinks, stopping to turn. "Did you hear something, Artemis?"

Artemis frowns, "I thought I did...."

---

You find yourself in your room, the logical place to retreat to in a state like this.
<Afina> Forever.