News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

To the standing stones!

Started by Prince Herb, July 27, 2004, 02:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prince Herb

Hannah looks a little sheepish.   "I only memorised one, Seraya.   But it seems to be light down here."

Indeed, the haze-filled room does seem to be lit, though by what means isn't exactly clear.

Hannah peers down into the pit.   "Yuck ; do you suppose that that's the missing boy?" she asks, pointing at the other body impaled on the spikes.

Robbie

Caflice tries to clean the blade of his sword with a rag, perring over the side of the pit. "It's hard to see from here... But there's a good chance he might be."

Seraya

Seraya curses softly. If the boy's dead then she's already failed. "There isn't much we can do for him now, if it is... we best continue."
Seraya Shadowharper

Prince Herb

"Shouldn't we take his body back to his family, then?" Hannah asks, "They should at least be told, before we search further, and we could do with getting equipment to explore this place properly at the same time."

"And I could regain my cast spells," she adds.   "I may need more healing spells if the rest of this place is anything like this chamber."

Robbie

Caflice nods as he looks down at the impaled corpse. "Well, we have no choice... And we really do need to prepare for a trip like this."

Seraya

"If we can get him out of there without adding another body to be returned... but yes. You're right, of course. We'll head back and prepare more fully."
Seraya Shadowharper

Prince Herb

The pit isn't too deep, perhaps ten feet or so from the lip to the bottom, and it takes only a few minutes to pull the unfortunate shepherd's body out of the pit.

The strange creature's weapon is also in the pit, and is of some interest, being a dagger made of some kind of dense, hard white material rather than metal.

Hannah makes a Knowledge : Nature roll of 17+5=22

"It's some kind of bone or ivory," she says,"but I don't recognise the species."

There is nothing more to do before heading back to the surface other than to look over the chamber.   It is thirty feet on the north-south axis and fifty east-west.   The ten foot wide entrance is in the centre of the north wall.   There is a single door in each wall, but that in the south wall directly facing the entrance is presently inaccessible because the open pit trap lies right in front of it.

Framing the eastern door is a stone carving of a foreshortened dragon's head sculpted in a very archaic style.   The blue mist that fills the chamber seems to be spewing from its nostrils above the door-frame.  

Caflice notices that against the north wall, on either side of the entrance, there is another pair of pit traps, each ten feet square like the one that was triggered during the fight.

Robbie

Caflice reaches down carefully into the spiked pit, and picks up the creature's dagger, examining it closely. "Maybe this'll make a decent weapon... Either that, or reach a good price in trading."