Battle of The Bands Arc

Started by Dracos, July 09, 2002, 09:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Sasami quietly giggled at Hina-Ohki's antics. Looking around, she softly sighed. Not much to do besides practice on her harp.

But she had already done that three times today. Logically she knew that she shouldn't be lax in her practice, but her spirit NEEDED a break.

Closing her eyes, she slowly raised her hands in front of her chest as if in prayer. Delicate milky white fingers twined together as she raised her head to the heavens.

It was as if bells softly chimmed as she began to softly sing a tuneless melody. Feeling her own spirit begin to ascend in concert, she gently smiled.

And poured all her heart into the song.

Closing her eyes, she allowed the song itself to guide her.

Focused as she was on the music, she never noticed the soft bluish green light pulsing in time to her voice.

Bean Bandit

Hina-Ohki was so startled, that her attention was drawn away from the apple. (A minor miracle to those that understand cabbits.)

She stared at the sphere of light in Sasami's hands, spellbound by the light as well as the sound. Her front paws still on the apple, she watched Sasami, entranced.

It was such a peaceful, beautiful sound...
---
I love the games I've played here.

Anonymous

Sasami's voice slowly, but inevitably rose as she followed the crescendo of light and life that she could feel all around her.

The light wrapped around her like an embrace, leaving her feeling safe and warm. Was this how the girls in her old shoujo manga felt like when they were with their loves?

She slowly lifted her hands above her head, ignoring the feel of blood flooding to her cheeks, giving them a rather rosy tint.

Something inside her practically begged her to finish, urging her on.

Finally...

Hands pointed towards the heavens, the soft light beginning to increase in intensity.

She had to...

Her eyes flew open in shock...her voice!

The sphere of light blindingly flared as her voice gained an underlining tone of etheral beauty. For a brief moment, she felt true fear course through her veins.

This wasn't her voice...make it stop...please....not yet....she couldn't give it up...

Not yet ready... The words were gentle, filling Sasami with the same warmth and love she had felt a few moments ago.

Tears of gratitude streamed from her eyes, yet her voice continued to sing with the same beautiful, but haunting duality.

Be at peace...daughter. Another day, perhaps.

She slumped to the ground, face flushed and breath ragged as she tried to recover.

And to think, she was BORED before.

The True Emblem on her brow faintly glowed before reshaping itself as two green spheres.

Bean Bandit

Hina-Ohki, her apple forgotten for the moment, padded over to her friend, gently bumping her head into Sasami's knee to get her attention, worried.

"Kya?"

Was she all right?
---

Dracos

OOC: Intro from tourney

IC:

Stepping out of the airport, Olguin found a remarkably lively street outside.  Taxis and other cars zoomed in and out near the exits as they carried people into the slowly recovering Tokyo 3.  Swarms of people waited with their luggage as they fought for the attention of the various taxi drivers to take them into the city.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Shukuen

Leets eyes darted from the forest of legs, his hands clutching his belongings tightly. Voices rose all around as they called for various, small (Dear lord, they call these cars?) taxis. All around, vendors, signs, and voices had made Leets realized on particularly unfortunate thing.

He still couldn't speak the blasted language!

"...nutbunnies..." Came a quiet, annoyed voice among the sea of people.

Anonymous

"Heh. No worries, Leets. I'll guid you through." Olguin happily said, feeling most of his worries fade away as he saw familiar sights again.

To think...he was home again.

Taking both Leets' and Miyuki's hands, he slowly began leading them to the nearest subway.

"It's a bit more crowd, but it's faster to go by subway, for one." He explained as they moved off towards the west.

Bean Bandit

Miyuki looked around, smiling a little as she limped next to Olguin, holding his hand with one hand and using the crutch to propel herself along and almost a normal speed.

She was almost happy. She was with Olguin, and back home. Now, If she could just get back to her proper age...things would be wonderful.
---

Anonymous

Olguin gripped Miyuki's hand reassuringly as they continued down into the subway proper.

He looked to the side, expecting Miyuki's face to be as cheerful as his was...but he saw nothing but a middle aged man waving a hotdog around.

Looking down, he repressed the look of discomfort on his expression. And the pang of disappointment in his chest.

"I never told you where we're going next, did I?" Olguin quietly murmured to her in japanese.

Bean Bandit

Miyuki smiled. Or at least tried to. She'd seen his abortive glance up at her normal height.

She resisted the urge to hang her head. She would get nowhere doing that, and only uspet Olguin.

"No, you didn't," Miyuki murmured back. "I thought we were going to the temple you mentioned...?" She asked questioningly
---

Anonymous

"Well, my two friends are going to meet me at a...concert. Actually, the big Battle of the Bands that they are having over in Greylle this year." Olguin closed his eyes in preparation for the question that he was bound to get.

Why, oh why, did his Miyuki have to be such a...FANGIRL!?

And especially to such a CRAPPY band.

Bean Bandit

Miyuki blinked.

"A concert?" She asked curiously, trying to surpress the rising excitement. She knew Olguin hated them, but she couldn't help herself.

"Is Spearhead going to be there?" She asked, her eyes lighting up. She had few hobbies, but her CDs were among her prized possessions. The chance to see them in person had a dramatic effect on her rather subdued mood.
---

Anonymous

"I would hope not." Olguin sharply retorted, all but growling out. "They'd lower the collective intelligence of the crowd."

He victoriously grinned down at her.

"Besides, this is a Battle for the GOOD bands."

Bean Bandit

Miyuki frowned.

"There's nothing wrong with them!" she protested. She was about to continue, when a thought struck her. She slowly smiled.

"Olchan...you aren't still mad about getting caught the time we took the car to go see them, are you? It wasn't their fault security pulled us over. Twelve-year olds aren't supposed to be driving, after all." she giggled slightly at the memory.
---

Anonymous

Olguin now allowed himself to growl, a little vein popping up on his right temple in response to the action.

"No I'm not! Besides, you were the one that was begging me to drive you! I'd never dream of stealing the car!" He forcefully said, the memories of him being punished for being a good friend adding a little edge to his voice.