News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Russia arc

Started by Dracos, July 09, 2002, 09:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asrana

Laika peered at the jeep for a few moments once it was in sight.

She knew the occupants. Mixed emotions rose and were quickly suppressed. She was happy to see Relm, but Kale's presence, though expected, clouded that.

Waving her troops to stand down she sent the scout back to the snipers. Stepping forward to wait for the jeep, a smile twitched at the corners of her lips.
lt;Kotono>  (Currently looks like a 16-year-old girl):I walk up to the leader and say, "Are you so sure you want our money?" and use my alter self ability to grow a massive bulge in my pants.

Rezantis

"They know who we are, it seems."  Kale.  The troops were watching the pair, but clearly stood down and made no move towards the jeep as it braked smoothly to a stop.

"Laika does, obvi..."  Relm broke off as she caught sight of Laika and grinned suddenly, "Aha."  Unbuckling her seatbelt, Relm stepped down out of the vehicle and started towards the younger girl.
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Asrana

Laika smiled despite her situation, "Oneesan." She quickly bowed to fulfill formality before standing straight again, "Do you bring any updates of our situation?"

Her troops relaxed visibly, going back to whatever they had been doing before the scout's report.

Laika hid her apprehension, if similar results to Russia held in the rest of the world...
lt;Kotono>  (Currently looks like a 16-year-old girl):I walk up to the leader and say, "Are you so sure you want our money?" and use my alter self ability to grow a massive bulge in my pants.

Rezantis

"Nice to see you well, Laika,"  Relm's smile faded slightly, "and I do have some updates for you - very little of it good.  Should we talk here, or elsewhere?"

Relm waited for Laika's response, and carefully ignored the fact that Kale was walking towards the pair.

Asrana

Laika looked around, "My troops will find out eventually. We'll talk wherever you want to, Oneesan." Her smile was fatigued.

She refrained from glaring at Kale as he approached.

Bean Bandit

OOC: St.Petersburg

IC:

Black sped silently down the hall, now well away from the ambassador suite.

He judged he had a fair bit of time, even if guards were sent immediately to investigate the room, as he'd taken care to leave it as he'd found it.

He set about looking for the medical bay. He needed a way to defeat the heat sensors, and if COR had decent facilites, he should find what he needed there...

---
I love the games I've played here.

Dracos

Down the hallway the sounds of boots became audible to Black's excellent hearing.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Bean Bandit

Black looked up sharply as the sound of footsteps caught his ear.

He silently ducked into an open doorway nearby, pressing against the wall as he waited for the people to pass...
---

Dracos

The low level lights revealed what appeared to be a storage room.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Bean Bandit

OOC: St. Petersburg

IC:
Black turned to the contents of the room after the people has passed. It was a storeroom of some kind, piled high with boxes...

Black too a moment to examine the contents...Maybe he could find something to use...
---

Rezantis

Relm's eyes flicked towards Kale and back again, fixing on Laika.

"The world's gone to hell in a handbasket, and nobody knows why.  Washington DC, Beijing, Paris and Rome have all been annihilated - seemingly by at least four different factions.  We don't know who, we don't know why, and in the Beijing case we don't even know how.  What we do know, though, is that China is not particularly hospitalitable right now.  If you'd taken your troops in there... you'd probably have been wiped out."  There was a pause, and a sigh.  "Which is why we're here."

Asrana

Laika blinked, supressing any emotional response. She needed her wits about her now if ever.

She ticked off her options in her head. West, not smart. North, laughable. South, just ruled out. She was left with east.

Pulling out a map, she lay it across the hood of Relm's jeep, surveying the roads and terrain displayed for several long minutes. "Unless you see something I don't...we need naval pick up. To achieve that we can try to go through the swamps and foothills to the south-east, then hop the mountains on the coast...not very likely but still a possibility if we could find passes through.

Or we follow the road east-north-east out of here and then down to Magadan...where we could use the port..." She looked seriously at Relm, "What do you think, Oneesan?"

Rezantis

Relm grinned suddenly.  "You figured that one well.  A step ahead of you.  Ideally there should be a couple of Leviathans waiting somewhere offshore... they'll be expecting us, and should be keeping an eye out, but the first priority is just to get everyone out of here.  There's nothing you can do around here.  From what we saw, the way east seems clear, but that could change."

Kale, on the other side of the map, raised his head at the last and fixed his eyes on Laika.  "You've been here a time, and seem to be expecting trouble."  The not-quite-question hung in the air expectantly.

Asrana

Laika nodded curtly to Relm, "Alright...we'll take the roads...they're the fastest way to get to the coast with our partially disabled units."

She turned to Kale, her eyes cold and unemotional, "With the way things have hit the fan...expecting trouble is the most sound thing to do."

Folding the map, her left hand slipped over the hilt of her katana, resting for a moment before moving on.

Rezantis

"Obviously,"  Kale met Laika's gaze with an equal one of his own, "but nonetheless, you've stayed here for quite some time now."