A Quest for Herbs in the Monster Ridden Forest!

Started by Dracos, September 15, 2004, 12:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"....Alex," so replying, Alex looks around and aquaints himself with the little clearing, looking for anything bothersome or troublesome. Stepping back from her, he waits for the cleric to do her herb picking.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Halbarad

Patricia nods. "Patricia Dunkirk - sorry I didn't ask sooner."

With a slight sigh of exasperation, she gets down on hands and knees, beginning to get to work as she searches through the herbs and plants in the clearing for the specific ones she needs. The movement lays her robe against her body, revealing that she's shaped quite well beneath it - although there's not much to see even now aside from a general outline.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Anastasia

Alex leans back on a nearby tree, keeping half an eye on the magess while maintaing a degree of awareness of the surrounding environs.

Not bad...More body than all those elf women from Elfland...heh.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

It smelled something...  nearby.  Two maybe.  Maybe more.

It gestured to it's kinsmen, slipping quietly through the brush that was their home.  Through the bushes it spotted them, a human, dressed in white robes.  And another, lazing against a tree.

A slight smell entered the clearing, moments before a set of foppish imps, their red hats bouncing, their blades sharp and bared, leaped out of the bushes, rushing swiftly as their short legs could towards the white mage, chittering!

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

While there likely won't be too many things that will get Alex's attention, this is one of them. Namely, savage and smelly imps going after the White Mage he said he'd bodyguard.

"Damn," he mutters, drawing his sword automatically, while, "Behind you!" he cries, to alert the target of her danger.
<Afina> Forever.

Halbarad

Patricia looks up in surprise, the noise of the imps startling her out of her reverie. Quickly she leaps to her feet, a long-handled hammer appearing from out of the recesses of her robe. "Figures... I THOUGHT things were a bit quiet out here."

Taking up a ready stance, Patricia brings her hammer around in a low swing, designed to catch the lead imp right in the breadbasket!
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Dracos

OOC: Ow.  Poor Imp!
IC:

The imp stopped...his eyes bugging out widely as a high pitched squeal ripped it's way from his throat as it collapsed on the ground, it's comrades briefly stalled at the horrific site.  No man could remain unmoved by such brutal and sadistic treatment!

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

"Damn," Alex mutters for the second time today. Only pausing a moment at the unexpected brutality, he closes in on the nearest imp, making a powerful, weighty downward slash at the beast! If that fails, he'll at least probably give him a fine bump from a quasi shoulder tackle, using his weight to send the thing onto it's ass.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

His slash succeeded!  A bloody trail was left as he sliced right through the imp, the other two looking at each other and then picking the safer of the two foes in front of them.

They both leaped on Alex, their little daggers stabbing against his chainmail, leaving small cuts.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Halbarad

"Hey, get off him! I don't have any more money for hazard pay!" Patricia squawks, bringing her hammer around in a level swing at one of the two imps clinging to the large fighter.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Anastasia

Grimacing in annoyance, Alex brings his sword hilt down into the face of one of the attacking imps. Or tries to, anyway, hoping to just shatter their face and end it then and there.

Damn, she's good, too. Watch out for that club...
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

A classic problem with striking an imp, known for their small and juicily crushable skulls, on top of a fighter with a large mallet.

The mallet rarely stops there.

Alex's attack was tossed astray as he finds the imp to his left smashed against his shoulder and then him and the other imp sent slamming back into a tree.

Ow.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Gasping as he's slammed into the tree, Alex marshalls his reserves to shove of the imp off of him. Hopefully slingshot style, or just something to get rid of the smelly annoyance.
<Afina> Forever.

Halbarad

Patricia drops her hammer in shock. "Oh my god, I'm SOO sorry!" she exclaims. "I was just trying to get it off of you, I swear!"
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Dracos

Painful though it was, he was able to slam the imp out of comission.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.