News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

A Pirate's Life for Me!

Started by Dracos, September 15, 2004, 01:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

It was early the next morning he made his leave into the forests outside of Corneria.

Where, chance would happen to have it, a certain red mage was out traveling for the day.  Having a nice little walk to herself.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

Whistling to herself, Helena muses over her present situation!

I'm going to be a He-ro! I'm going to be a He-ro!

Clad in red, red, and- wait, more red, Helena was doing very little to remain inconspicuous. Not that she cared, of course! She was going to be a Light Warrior! *Nothing* could stop her!
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Dracos

And so time passed as Helena walked along the path, the morning sun rising as it promised to be a bright and sunny day for traveling.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

Travelling to one side, Helena figured she really ought to be heading back to Corneria. She'd be getting her chance to *really* go further afield soon, and the other Light Warriors could arrive *any minute!*

But there wasn't really much of a rush, so she continued at a leisurely pace, arcing around the forest in a gradual turn back to her hometown.

Dracos

Meanwhile, traveling softly through the forests, Craig heard an excited whistling.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Olvelsper

'Shesh, they're just asking to be robbed, aren't they?' In contrast, the former pirate was quickly and quietly making his way down the path towards Corneria. Having slapped on a brownish set of tunic and rather poofy pants, and wearing green slippers, he blended in rather well.

He briefly paused to check on his map as he tried to orient himself once again. Damn tangly forest, why couldn't it be more open like the plains and sea? No wonder others of more notorious fame tended to clump around these places like flies to horse manure.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2589971/Ol%27Velsper : Then we will write in the shade.

Dracos

And sure enough, someone agreed with him, a noisy chittering happening a little to his left, not quite audible from the roadside yet though.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Olvelsper

Craig blinked and quietly moved to check out who else was making such a racket.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2589971/Ol%27Velsper : Then we will write in the shade.

Dracos

He saw a bunch of wild Cornerian imps!  At least he thought they were imps.  He'd never actually seen one in person before.  They were pretty short, only a few feet tall as they chittered back and forth, pointing out things with daggers as they prepared to rush the road.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Olvelsper

'Argh, how do I get involved with these kinda things?' Craig briefly wondered to himself as he quietly made to move behind the mob of imps. 'Oh well, may as well act a bit heroically for once. It might be good practice if it turns out I'm one of these legendary heroic types.'

Using their own chittering and distraction, he promptly began his attack before they could blind side whoever was traveling down the road.

Dracos

Helena, walking calmly down the road, suddenly was witnessed to an odd sound.  That of someone screeching for help in the brush.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

Helena rubs the back of her head.

I swear, this happens all the time!

With a flick of her wrist and a muttered word, Helena flings a firebolt at the bush!

Dracos

As the imp screeched at Craig's assault, the bush around them blasted in fire.

Helena saw an imp running from an apparent brute in poofy pants, leaping forward, blade at the ready!

Craig found himself surrounded all of sudden by fire.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

Helena spares a glance for the brutish thug-man-

"Ah, he probably deserves it for *something*," she thinks, before rushing after the fleeing imp, drawing her sharp sword and lunging with a straight stab!

Olvelsper

"Cripes, talk about gratitude for saving your life! Now help me get rid of these guys before they call for backup!" Craig shouted as he dived away from the flames in a roll, to keep from having his poofy pants or his other precious body parts ignited by flames even as his knives lashed out to tag the imp.