A journey to the Temple of Fiends

Started by Dracos, September 20, 2004, 09:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olvelsper

Craig tensed up, hands resting on the hilts of his knives as he forced himself to calmly and softly breath through his nose to limit the noise he made as he waited the ...things out.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2589971/Ol%27Velsper : Then we will write in the shade.

Dracos

The chittering continued, in a sort of semicircle between them and the road.  Slowly getting louder as if more were joining in.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

Helena tries to peek through the bush and get a look at what's making all the noise.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Dracos

She doesn't see anything.  But it's there.  Somewhere.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Halbarad

Patricia reaches inside her robe, unhooking her hammer from the loop on her belt - but not yet drawing it out.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Carthrat

"Well, uh, maybe we should be going," comments Helena, backing away from the bush and starting to sneak away from the chittering.

Olvelsper

"Cast ice on the ground behind us as wel go." Craig quietly murmured as he started making his own way off into the bush beyond their hiding place, and away from the unknown number of imps.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2589971/Ol%27Velsper : Then we will write in the shade.

Carthrat

Helena glances at Chris, then shrugs, and with a few gestures, leaves a fairly large patch of slick and slippery ice on the ground behind them. It's disguised as to not be immediately obvious; the ice is very thin.

Dracos

Shortly after they hear a slip as an imp spins past them, smashing into a tree.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

Helena turns her head, hand lunging for her sword!

Aww, crap!

Dracos

The chittering promptly gets louder as hundreds of smirking imps pop into the visible range, appearing from nooks and crannies behind them.

Seconds later there is almost a synchronized 'ching' as they draw knives.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Halbarad

Patricia lets out a yelp, running as fast as she can manage in her robes. "How many of them ARE there?" she yells.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Carthrat

Helena blanches, resheaths her sword, and..

"Crap! RUN!"

Helena starts *running* away from the Imps. At the same time she starts throwing firebolts behind her, hoping to set to forest on Fire, and therefore the imps on fire, too.

Olvelsper

Craig, having had these kinds of situations having had happened to him in life more often than not, simply drew his knives out for the sake of more security as he hissed out a curse as he followed after his compatriots.

Fun times.

Dracos

The imps, chittering now angrily, charged.  

A firebolt nearly hit Craig as he kept up the rear, spotting a cave a little ways away.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.