News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Hellish hangover and regrets (Ami thread)

Started by Anastasia, October 12, 2004, 04:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

I'm sorry...

Mother...

Artemis...

Natsume...

...Usagi...

This last beloved images flutter through your mind as it is deeply frozen, it's vital energy sapped away. Drifting in an ice cold sea of inky void, spirit lost to this great nil zone. Dreams forgotten as they are spun, nightmares galloping through your mind, of defeat, of failure, of rejection, of rape. Terror roars through your veins yet does not stir your soul to burning.

It's only a harsh demand of reality that finally returns Ami Mizuno to some state of awareness. It's one thing that's remained constant  - it's damned hot in here, sweat tricking down your body(?). Your eyes can't seem to manage to open, but the soft breathing of someone near by can just be heard. Muscles aching frostily, you feel...dull pain and chill.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Bean Bandit

Ami shivers, the inward chill contrasting with the opressive heat horribly, making her feel as though she's suffering from a serious bout of the flu.

Her muscles scream at her, but she tries to move anyway, wondering what exactly happened. Should be dead....someone must have saved me...again.
---
I love the games I've played here.

Anastasia

You can just move slightly, body giving you piles of pain but minimal movement to your attempt. Your arm moves a degree from your effort, eyes shuddering but staying shut for the moment.

A distant, weakened, "....Ami?" is heard, Artemis's voice clearly exhausted.
<Afina> Forever.

Bean Bandit

"A...Artemis?" Ami rasps, whimpering softly as her body informs her exactly what it thinks of -that-. "Wh-What happened?"
---

Anastasia

"Ami, it's you!" Artemis has relief in his voice. "Thank goodness...I thought Celcia had won completely for a little while. Don't worry...as soon as I get up, I'll call Usagi. We'll get this taken care of," he rambles on, sounding rather bushed.
<Afina> Forever.

Bean Bandit

"Don't go..." Ami pleads blindly, feeling like crying. "What...what happened? I thought she killed me...are you all right?" She forces each and every word out, even speaking something of a strain.
---

Anastasia

"I'll live," he manages. "Just sore and cold. You did it, Ami...Celcia didn't seem to have enough energy to press her advantage - both of you passed out."
<Afina> Forever.

Bean Bandit

"...think you did it...that golden light weakened her." Ami manages. "She was winning. Artemis...talisman...is it off?"
---

Anastasia

A pause, deep and worrisome divides the two of you before he replies. "Ami-chan...your Talisman isn't an issue now, I think," is his words to you, tense.
<Afina> Forever.

Bean Bandit

"Sure? ...'kay..." Ami gives a deep, shuddering sigh. "Sorry, Artemis...make you worry..." she struggles with the words, too tired to try and puzzle out the silence.
---

Anastasia

Stirring again, you can feel your eyes very slowly try to rise. "Just stay there," Artemis smiles wanly. "I'm going to go call Usagi now...just calm down and rest, Ami-chan."
<Afina> Forever.

Bean Bandit

Ami nods slowly. Why is the Talisman not a issue? she wonders, testing the limits of her tired, aching body.
---

Anastasia

It's hard to move, your legs barely responding at all and your arms not much better. Damn, it's like the heat in the room is sapping your vitality out by the gallonful.

Yet, your eyes open, a sliver of light piercing your brain as they begin to weakly rise. You are...in the living room where it happened, lying against the couch, as Artemis staggers off. Your arm....

Your Talisman is gone. Yet...both of your arms are clearly ice blue.
<Afina> Forever.

Bean Bandit

It's...oh. Ami weakly struggles against the lethargy that seems bone deep, her heart sinking.  I guess I couldn't be so lucky as to survive an apparent death without incident...and if I'm not wearing my talisman...I'm...I may be marked for good...or worse.
---

Halbarad

[09:06] <Ana-chan> For Ami, it's a short wait for ARtemis to return. His phone call doesn't last long, which is good. The longer you stay awake, the more you seem to ache deeply and feel like you're melting. Thirsty now, too, throat becoming bone dry with an alarming speed.
[09:07] <Ana-chan> "She'll be over soon, Ami," Artemis promises, staggering over to the couch and sitting. His clothes are scuffed, a few nasty looking bruises here and ther eon him.
[09:09] <Ami-chan> "Artemis..." Ami whispers softly, barely able to summon the energy needed to speak. "...I...I'm hot...Too hot.."
[09:21] <Ana-chan> "Ami-chan," he asks quizzically. "Is it that bad? I...we can try to go outside if you need to..."
[09:22] <Ami-chan> Swallowing hard to try and moisten her throat, Ami nods weakly. "Feel...melting..."
[09:23] <Ana-chan> HE looks on, wincing. "Just hang on," he nods. "Usagi should be here soon, and she can take you where it's cooler."
[09:26] <Ami-chan> Ami nods, a vague dazed delusion about living in an oven flitting through her mind, and she mentally urges Usagi to hurry...although, that leads to a dazed hallucination of cooked rabbit, and the rational part of her mind wonders exactly how much longer she -can- hold out...
[09:34] <Ana> As you swelter..."Artemis? Ami?" Luna asks, as both her and Usagi appear in the room. Usagi - Artemis is battered and dazes, clearly tired. Ami...her body's arms and the lowest part of her neck visible are tinted Celcia's ice blue. Her aura is ac omplete mess from everything you can see, too difficult to divine offhand and clearly mishmashed.
[09:35] * Usagi-chan gasps. "Ami-chan - are you okay?" Usagi rushes to the blue-haired girl's side, trying to make out anything more she can without taking too much time to do so.
[09:35] <Ana> OOC - Soul check.
[09:36] <Ana> Luna leaps out, landing near Artemis and giving him a curious look, the two communicating quietly.
[09:36] <Usagi-chan> roll 2d6
[09:36] * Shai`Hulud --> "Usagi-chan rolls 2d6 and gets 9."
[09:36] <Ami-chan> "Hot..." Ami complains weakly, looking up, her eyes glazed. " 'Sagi-chan?"
[09:36] <Ana> Wow. It's a total disasterous mess. Celcia's energy, Ami's energy, the Talisman's energy, Sailor Mercury's energy...all are swarming in the vessel of Ami Mizuno. Not to mention the spirits as well, all tangled.
[09:37] <Ana> "Usagi, Ami can't seem to take the heat in here," Artemis explains. "I think we need to get her outside or somewhere cooler fast."
[09:38] * Usagi-chan grimaces at the tangled jumble that is currently Ami. "The Moon should work, then," Usagi says with a frown. "Nice and cool up there, and I can work without having to worry about other people seeing me."
[09:40] <Ana> A nod from ARtemis. "Outside on the Moon...it's a start," he nods. "
[09:43] * Usagi-chan carefully picks Ami up from the bed, nodding to the two Mau. "Artemis, if you're coming, hop up on my shoulder. Luna - can you let everyone else know what's going on? I may need Rei and the Professor's help, if you can get hold of them."
[09:43] <Ana> Artemis does so, Luna nodding. "Right," she nods once. "I'll get Rei and the others together soon."
[09:44] <Ami-chan> Ami stirs a little as Usagi picks her up, then slumps.
[09:44] * Usagi-chan takes a deep breath, teleporting herself and the other two to the balcony outside her own bedchamber.
[09:46] <Ana> It's a short movement in mystical space. As soon as you arrive, the heat lessens drastically. While still warm, it's bearable now, your body feeling better under this cool.
[09:48] * Usagi-chan shivers a little as the trio arrives - between the chilly girl in her arms and the chill of the air, the clothes she hurriedly grabbed aren't doing much to keep her warm. But at least the stillness of the air makes the temperature somewhat bearable. Carefully, she lays Ami down on the stone floor.
[09:48] <Ami-chan> Ami raises her head a little, sighing in relief as it feels like layers of thick, oppressive wool have been pulled off of her brain. "Mmm?"
[09:49] <Usagi-chan> "It'll be okay, Ami-chan," Usagi says, smiling a bit weakly. Turning to Artemis, "There's a spare futon in my closet - could you go grab that so she at least doesn't have to lie directly on the floor?"
[09:53] <Ami-chan> Ami is silent a moment, trying to reorient herself, and she takes a few deep breaths, adjusting to the less oppressive atmosphere. "I...I'm still alive." she murmurs, then her mind catches up, and she lifts one of her arms to examine it again. "Oh..."
[09:55] <Ana> "Right," he nods, going to do that, shimmering into human form at the edge of your vision.
[09:56] * Usagi-chan goes over Ami's aura one more time, frowning as she considers what to do next. Deciding that merging the parts she wants Ami to keep is the best move for now, she nods. "Ami-chan, can you transform for me?"
[09:59] <Ami-chan> Ami blinks once, but doesn't question the request, reaching into her subspace pocket and withdrawing her henshin pen. "I'll...try..." she replies, taking a deep breath. 'I've never done this lying down before.'
[10:00] <Ami-chan> Lifting the pen, Ami calls out the phrase on instinct, not as boldly or loudly as she might have, but firmly just the same. "Mercury Holy Power...Make up!"
[10:03] <Ana> THere is a strange chill as it happens, as if your body is contracting, then....Ami falls, her henshin pen falling from her fingers. Her aura flares in a confused jumble, cold and energy radiating off her for several seconds. OOC - Soul check +3, Usagi.
[10:04] <Usagi-chan> roll 2d6+3 burning 20 EP
[10:04] * Shai`Hulud --> "Usagi-chan rolls 2d6+3 burning 20 EP and gets 13."
[10:07] <Ana> Ami's auras are so confused and interwoven - parts of Ami, Celcia, Mercury and even her Talisman are present in her body all at once, hence not being able to transform in earnest.
[10:07] * Usagi-chan shakes her head, sighing as she herself transforms - it looks like she's going to have to intervene directly.
[10:07] * Usagi-chan is now known as Serenity
[10:08] <Ami-chan> Ami lands roughly on he hands and knees, gasping at the sudden shock, and gritting her teeth.
[10:10] <Ami-chan> *Ami twists in place, gasping
[10:10] * Serenity takes Ami's hand, squeezing it gently. "I'm sorry, Ami-chan," the blonde says quietly. "It'll be okay - we'll get you taken care of. Just try to relax, okay?"
[10:11] <Ami-chan> Ami nods slowly, smiling wanly up at the princess before her. "'kay." she rasps softly.
[10:11] <Ana> coming back with a futon, Artemis eyes Ami sadly. "Usagi?" he asks simply, kneeling next to the girl.
[10:12] * Serenity turns to Ami's Talisman, seeing if she can at least separate that one item out of the mix easily - Ami and Mercury can't and shouldn't be separated, and she sincerely doubts Celcia is going to come out without a struggle.
[10:14] <Ami-chan> Ami turns to Artemis, seeing her Mau's current state in earnest, and pained expression flickers across her face.
[10:15] <Ana> OOC - Soul check, +4.
[10:15] <Serenity> roll 2d6+4 burning 30 EP
[10:15] * Hatbot --> "Serenity rolls 2d6+4 burning 30 EP and gets 11."
[10:15] <Ana> "It's okay, Ami," he smiles wanly. "We'll get you fixed up."
[10:16] <Ami-chan> Ami nods, feeling a lump beginning to form in her throat. "I'm sorry." She whispers to him quietly
[10:16] <Ana> As you plunge down...while you manage to make some needed distinctions, you quickly find removing the Talisman or any other part is probably not going to happen easily at all, if at all period. The tangled weave of energy is like a thousand of different colored grains of sand mixed together, so throughly meshed that removal is difficult on a grand scale.
[10:19] * Serenity shakes her head slowly. "I don't even know where to start," she says tiredly. "It's like trying to sort sand, sugar, and salt - everything's just so jumbled up, and it's really hard to tell anything apart."
[10:21] <Ami-chan> Ami listens to Usagi's...prognosis, and flinches, just a little, then pushes her thoughts down, deep down. It wouldn't be productive to draw conclusions yet.
[10:22] * Serenity winces as she sees Ami's reaction. "I'm sorry, Ami-chan." She pauses a moment, studying the other girl's face. "How do you feel right now yourself?"
[10:24] <Ami-chan> Ami shakes her head and smiles a little. "Don't worry..." she murmurs softly. "...And I'm tired, and a little warm, but that's all I can tell right now."
[10:27] * Serenity squeezes Ami's hand again. "Just rest for now, then," she advises. "I'm not sure what to do right now, but that doesn't mean I'm giving up," she says determinedly. "We'll get this taken care of, Ami - I promise."
[10:28] <Ami-chan> Ami smiles tiredly and nods. "Thank you..." she replies quietly, shoving down pessimistic doubts.
[09:23] <Ana-breakfast> As Ami lies there, she feels a sleepiness coming on, a weariness again perking in her body.
[09:25] <Ami-chan> Ami feels her eyes drooping...and fights it, a surge of panic nearly overwhelming her. 'Can't go to sleep...she might take over...'
[09:26] * Serenity squeezes Ami's hand. "Rest for now, Ami-chan. I'll make sure she doesn't do anything while you're asleep - and you may need to fight her again. Get some rest."
[09:26] <Ana-breakfast> Artemis sighs in sorrow at this mess, "Ami...do you want me to bring any of your friends over," he asks, seeming to try to get it in before you collaspe.
[09:30] <Ami-chan> Ami nods sleepily to Usagi, shivering a little, though not from the cold and yawning. "Mm...Please..." she whispers distantly to Artemis. "Tellu...if she can come...and...Tell...Tell Natsume-chan, please..." She murmurs, letting her eyes close.
[09:30] <Ana-breakfast> Artemis nods, as Ami begins to fall asleep again...
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.