News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Wanderlust

Started by Brian, October 23, 2004, 12:34:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Posting should be at least once a day.  If you can manage more, awesome, if not, we'll try to hit on the length of post versus number of posts thing.

Also, I'm going to suggest blue-booking for this campaign.  For those of you who aren't familiar with it, that's the process of two PCs having a conversation (in normal games by writing entries in a book, usually one of those small, cheap, blue books they hand to students for tests in college) without the GM being involved.  Obviously, it's recorded so the GM knows what's going on, or in this case, so it can be posted to the forums.

This means that if you have a window with another player, instead of playing endless games of posting back and forth and wondering when a reasonable time will come up, you can just hop into AIM, or use your e-mail client, or meet on IRC, etc. and converse.  Then pretty up your logs as you see fit, and post to the board.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Celisasu

I have a basic concept in my head but it needs some hammering out.  I'll hammer it out later though when new videogames and manga aren't distracting me so much.

Brian

We're in no rush.  Despite the combined efforts of myself and all the players, Starfarers is not dead yet. ;)

~exploding tag~

Jon

What language/religion/culture are you aiming for, here? The names in your mythology post didn't seem very Chinese. Is there some tradition we should look into so as to keep things smooth?

Dracos

Well, if I read the tone right, we're supposed to be adding to the story and culture of the world with our own parts building upon this.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Jon

Well, yeah. But like, to a certain extent, names are determined by the culture. Do I name my character Li, Ahmed, or Corwin? Or doesn't it matter? And if it doesn't matter, why? Oh, and smack me if i get out of hand with questions like this, because sometimes I don't realize it when I get annoying.

Brian

Dracos is correct.  I've set very little in stone.  Just don't build a complex honor society for your character, and expect every single person you run across to respect it.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Wanderlust strikes....

The kender desire to move! =D

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Celisasu

Um....Dracos?  Did that Kender just wander off with your Magical Sword +5 of Twinkin'?

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.