There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

I'll second that. One my Spanish classes had that problem since it was right next to the cafeteria. It wasn't ever fried chicken, but crappy fries, pizza and other junk doesn't really help you concentrate on Espanol.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

So, they've given me twenty minutes to either move my car (under a snowdrift) or have more snow piled on it.

I bear them no love.

>_<

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Someone's going to be walking to class today, eh?

Eh?

Or shovelling snow in a post evil frenzy of car recovery in the chilly New York air. Damn.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

I always walk to class.

I just don't like being asked to move my car.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Oh.

Well, were you able to move it in time?
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

It's still there.

It isn't moving.

I'm a stubborn lout.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

thepanda

The school rejected my finacial aid.

When asked why they said I needed to make corrections to my FAFSA.

When asked what needed correctingthey told me to check my SAR (student aid report) online. I do so. Nothing is flagged as missing or wrong and it clearly says I can recieve aid.

I ask the school again. They tell me the same bullshit. I ask what the hell is wrong with it? Again with the bullshit.

So I CALL the aid place. Thankfully I managed to get someone who knew very well what they were doing and she points me to one question. One. Freaking. Question.

And this may or may not be the problem. I make the correction. Now I have to hope that 1) that was the problem, 2) that was the ONLY problem, and 3) that it gets processed before they drop all my classes and kick me out.

Oh, right. When would that be by, you ask?

Why, this thursday, of course!

Why not take out a student loan?

Your FAFSA has to be processed before you can do that so that the bank can see if you are eligible.

Goddamnit all. -_-

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Kwokinator

That's crazy ^_^;

Here if you're desperate enough you can apply for an emergency loan and pay it back within 60 days, or you can draw a student line-of-credit from a bank if you have a) a job or b) a co-signer as guarantee, basically ^_^

Anastasia

*Pats Panda*

Yeah, financial aid is full of pitfalls and failures. Good luck getting through that mess in time to take your classes. Considering how it goes...well....

You might just need that luck.
<Afina> Forever.

thepanda

Hm. Well, my SARs reports that my aid was processed two days ago, but I have yet to recieve the confirmation email. Weird. o_O

I really, REALLY hope this means they've sent the correction to the school. I'll have to look into that later.

On a completely different note, Because I was (and still am) panicing over my aid I forgot to do the reading and our weekly quiz is in a few hours. Beowulf and The Green Knight.

Um, oops?

Dracos

Beowulf and the Green Knight?

Good books.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Halbarad

It has been a HELL of a morning.

Left for work an hour or so early so I could get a haircut.

Went to first haircut place, there are FOUR people ahead of me. At 11 am on a weekday. And the two people working there were talking, not cutting anyone's hair.

So I go to another haircut place. Two people in line, and I have 20 minutes before work. So I give up on the haircut and go for something to eat before work, since I skipped breakfast.

So I go to Subway. Where I spend the last ten minutes before work waiting in line for a sandwich, and the guy behind the counter is spending more time chatting up the two girls behind me than paying attention to my sandwich.

Which gets me to work a few minutes late with zero time to eat, without a haircut, and madder than a hornet.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

thepanda

Update!

It actually made it on time! Whee! Now I'm on hold, meaning I'm not getting my classes dropped!

Now I just need to get a copy of my mother's old W2 form for the school to look at...

*DumdumDUUUUM*

Anastasia

Ouch and score, respectively, to the last two posts.

That's a fine case of Murphy's law in both of those incidents, and I got whacked with it to.

Boss: You have more than enough work for a 5 hour shift, more than the person whom works 8 hours before you does? Oh yes, and do this twenty minute task every day now, too.  

>_<
<Afina> Forever.