News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

I think I'm getting a cold. Sore throat, congestion, tiredness. I also can't call off from work today. Joy!
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Jon

I took my laptop in for repairs. The guy said it would be done in 24-48 hours. It is now 50 hours later and they haven't even looked at it yet.

DY

Ugh, took an exam today and because I made two simple mistakes I was off by two questions to get a B-. Got a C+ instead. Bah
My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

DY

Ugh woke up today feeling awful. Couldn't stand without feeling dizzy and having the room spin. Turns out I have vertigo, something wrong with my inner ear. So not only can I not sit up without feeling sick I still have a final to study for tomorrow. Hopefully he'll allow a makeup.>_<

My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

Anastasia

I have  a dentist appointment tomorrow. >_<
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

I have lost six hours today to someone else's bug.  I do not even know who to blame.  So frustrating.
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Doesn't subversion (or your versioning alternative) have a 'blame' command, or is this bug so ancient it would take even more hours of work to find the change?
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Brian

They took away my blog.

Basically, because 'not enough people used FTP', they decided to drop all support, and while I CAN use a custom domain, blogger refuses to support any URL with a directory path.  IE., I need to get a website (or subdomain) specifically for nothing but my blog, or I can't have one.

What utter bullshit.  I don't see what was broken with FTP that needed to be 'fixed' like this.

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

Why don't you just get an LJ or something, or are there technical issues involved?
<Afina> Forever.

Brian

I liked having my own blog, is all.  And while I can go to LJ (or whatever), that means I lose my previously archived blog (which seems inevitable now anyway).

But, as it turns out, I cannot have nice things.

The assholes at fanfiction.net?  They wrote an automated daemon that went through every story on the website and stripped out all asterisks.  Just last night.

Guess what I've been using as scene dividers for over a decade?

That's right.  They defaced.  Every.  Goddamned thing.  I ever wrote.

So fucking furious right now.

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

Man, that's fucked up. Why would they remove asterisks, though? Why?
<Afina> Forever.

Jon

Quote from: Brian on April 28, 2010, 08:26:59 PM
I liked having my own blog, is all.  And while I can go to LJ (or whatever), that means I lose my previously archived blog (which seems inevitable now anyway).

I note that Wordpress has a Blogger importer.

Brian

Quote from: Anastasia on April 28, 2010, 11:33:31 PM
Man, that's fucked up. Why would they remove asterisks, though? Why?
I dunno!  I sent them the politest e-mail I could asking why.  I mean, I can't see it being part of a URL, or spam, or anything else like that....  And even though they had previously disallowed asterisks, they had let older posted fics retain them.  Then, for some reason, about a month ago, asterisks were kosher again.

I thought that was cool.

Then this.  Quite frustrating, but, meh, on the positive side, it's impetus for me to actually update my damn website. :p

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

There's some upside, but man. Who knows with FF-net, anyway.
<Afina> Forever.