News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thepanda

I haven't been this sick in two years.

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

thepanda

Common cold, as far as I know. Thing is, I've been unusually healthy or the past few years; well, so long as you discount sinus headaches.

Anastasia

Quote from: thepanda on June 24, 2011, 04:22:57 PM
Common cold, as far as I know. Thing is, I've been unusually healthy or the past few years; well, so long as you discount sinus headaches.

It could be worse. The last time I got seriously sick, it was the fast acting flu and pneumonia. I was pretty much recovering for a month after.
<Afina> Forever.

Ranma_007

I had no power for over 60 hours. And it rained. It sucked.

Yuthirin

My houseguest just got arrested. Fuck.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Ranma_007 on June 25, 2011, 09:19:56 AM
I had no power for over 60 hours. And it rained. It sucked.

That does blow. Reminds me of the last hurricane we had here. It was a week of no power in hot, humid misery. Urk.

Quote from: Yuthirin on June 25, 2011, 12:00:06 PM
My houseguest just got arrested. Fuck.

Oooh, what for?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Openly carrying a handgun and posession of marijuana and drug paraphenalia. All of which were on the front seat of his car, which he parked in someone else's driveway.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Faaaanfuckingtastic work there. Are any of those felonies?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

The handgun is for sure in Illinois. He might just get fined for the weed and bowl, he might not. It's all medicinal. He's got paperwork for it and everything. >_>

Illinois lacks a sense of humor when it comes to guns, though...and this is a sleepy little town where nothing happens except bicycle theft and drunk drivers. It probably means that the cops will freak out about it.

Brian

Not in most states, unless he was carrying a loooot of some controlled substance.

Possession is a misdemeanor.  Possession with intent to distribute ... not so much.  If you're carrying enough, they assume you plan to sell.

I'm less clear on the gun, depending on local laws.

Edit: well, the prescription will help if it's recognized by the county.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

It depends on whether or not they'll honor the prescription. It's from California. He's in Illinois. If they go by Cali laws, he's fine on that. If they go by federal, he's boned on it. I know how much he had, it wasn't much. Dunno if he'll get intent, but the gun won't reflect favorably on that ruling.

Anastasia

Yeah, the gun might really bone him. What do you think when you see a gun and weed? Dealer. The cops aren't likely to be nice.
<Afina> Forever.

Brian

I can say right now, there is about zero chance of them recognizing the prescription unless your state also allows medical marijuana.  Probably, if he cooperates, there won't be a felony charge, though.  Probably. :/
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

It's in the hands of the cop and the DA. How big a felony is the gun charge?
<Afina> Forever.