There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KLSymph

For the last few weeks, my netbook's wireless had some sort of configuration problem where it doesn't connect to my home wireless internet on bootup unless I manually change IP settings, and then I have to reverse the settings when I connect at work.

Two nights ago, finally getting tired of it happening randomly and then getting better for no reason, I hacked together a batch script to flip IP settings using netsh, ported it to Ruby and cleaned the code, and put a few convenience features just to be fancy.

In response, my home's DSL line died yesterday while I was at work.

ARGH.

Yuthirin

Destroyed my phone with delicious Mexican spicy sauces. Upside, I have twelve pounds of chicken and beef fajitas.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Iron Dragoon

People at the HQ can't seem to understand that I'm not stationed at any one base for more than a month at a time. This leads to them expecting me to answer questions for *every* base I've ever been on as if I were permanently based there.

In specific, the QA/QC people are fucking retards. The same guy wants me to fix multiple timesheets for linguists. NO TWO ON THE SAME F'N BASE. >_<
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

thepanda

Started the eight hour drive back to Memphis only to have a piece of tire knock something under my hood. Now my air, she is dead and it was a hundred freakin' degree outside.

Dracos

Today I entered the office and almost anything that I maintain had some disaster on it.  Really, not an awesome week starter.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

My other grandmother died tonight. That's two in about a six month period. Arghfuckle.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

thepanda

I swear, if I have to read 'casted' one more time...

Dracos

I never quite knew that family could make receiving gifts this unpleasant.  "So this thing you own sucks, so we're going to throw it out and replace it."
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Brian

I must echo, sadly unable to provide new input:
Quote from: Anastasia on August 06, 2011, 11:03:32 PM
Wow, really? What was it?

Well, I guess I can say I'll be pissed if it was the grill I put together for you.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Oh no, that they just moved.

That's really just the general tone.    Came back the first day to "Where's my dining room table?" "Oh in the garage.  Also your couch that's been in your house for two weeks is old, so we should throw it out." "Wait, you really weren't going to use that real silverware were you?  That'd just be silly."  "Your kitchen is filthy, so we're gonna clean it."

Who really needs "We're gifting you stuff, but it comes with a lecture on how anything we're replacing was crap or hand-me-down and you're an idiot for ever using it, also we're reorganizing your rooms.  Why are you giving us a look?"  Nevermind that I'll have the family side that sent the original furniture gifts coming not too long from now, so in accepting this gift, I'll have to deal with bothersome disappointment on the other side.

Today the majority of the stuff is supposed to arrive and even though a lot of it will undoubtedly end up being nice and worth the nusiance, it really makes me favor just...not getting gifted stuff at all.  Sure, it would've taken me a year or two to have the spare cash to put nice furniture in all of the rooms, but then it would've come with zero drama.

And it's all 'put it together yourself' furniture coming too.  Ah, it's so rare that comes to any good end.  It'll start arriving later today.  Then I'll probably have to decide what to junk afterwards so I don't have multiple copies of furniture pieces around -_-;.
Well, Goodbye.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Brian

I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin