News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Brian

Every time I become truly confident about something, I'm doing something terribly, terribly wrong.

And on that note, time to format my harddrive and reinstall again.

Edit: Haha, already going wrong....  Time for Dr. Baccardi.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Brian

I attempted to work it while sober!

I'm really honestly not clear what happened.  I must have accidentally grounded the board while disconnecting SATA cables -- when I reattached my large drive to install Windows 7, for some reason, the system suddenly wouldn't boot properly.

Reboot, get a message about the CMOS being corrupted, set to defaults--

Works fine from then on.

Other than that, there was a single issue where Windows 7 flipped out when I connected my old disks (with active install), but a single safe-mode boot/reboot fixed that. :)

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

Dracos

I kind of miss rambling about a game.  :( Nyuu, poor MGvN/Looming.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Some lazy jackass hasn't updated the front page for years.
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Man -- I was going to ask you about that, actually.  And if we really wanted to keep that format, since it seems as a whole, we're too lazy to constantly generate content for it.

We should take this discussion offline.  Hum.  Interested in coming over this evening to discuss it, Drac?

Edit: Ugh.  Company events.  "Wine and cheese celebration!"  Not quite mandatory attendance, but not showing up raises eyebrows.  Okay, I put in an appearance, get annoyed by all of the co-workers who crowd around the tables to get their cheese and bread, and then ... stand right there, blocking everyone else.  My impatience for disorder left me grumpy and drinking on an empty stomach (a winning combination).  I ducked out the second the CEO/CFO/etc. were distracted. -_-

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Some intern over in the netherlands cost 3.5 programmer days today.  Mine was one of them.  Nothing like a good poorly tested "Hay Guys, looks like I broke all the rendering in primary editing tool".  I give the guy points for staying up till godawful am and owning up to it, but I would've liked more if my hand wasn't needed on the cleanup.
Well, Goodbye.

Sinom Bre

So this is a bitch about anything at all thread? I could do that. Not sure it would make it better. The things I bitch about would still be there to annoy me tomorrow. Don't you really just hate that? You can bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch, and nothing ever changes. It really grinds my gears. I need to bitch about that more.

:)
"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?" -James Thurber
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

Dracos

Ah, evening fun.

Go to party.
eat semi-decent potluck.
"Hey do I need a visitor tag or anything to park here?"
"Nope, you're fine."
"Are you sure?"
"Yup."
4 hours later.
"Huh.  My car is missing."
1.5 hours and 325 dollars later.
"God damn cheri."

Brian will be able to extra appreciate this, as now I know the cost of treating Cheri like a person.
Well, Goodbye.

Ebiris

Am I missing something? You ask if you need a tag to park someplace, so I presume you don't have one? Then a person confirms you need said tag and later you're surprised the car has been towed? Unless "Yeah, sure," was interpreted as "No, it's cool," it doesn't really make sense.

Brian

Quote from: Dracos on October 30, 2011, 02:44:39 AMBrian will be able to extra appreciate this, as now I know the cost of treating Cheri like a person.

Er, yes -- that's an extension of her agoraphobia; she's got no real ability to deal with the outside world without someone to help her out.  She gets panic attacks. -_-

When pressured, she guesses; basically, there's a hard line at the door, and her knowledge beyond it....  Yeah.  :\

Sorry to hear that, Drac. >_<

~exploding tag~

Sinom Bre

Right. I'm lost. Who is Cheri?
"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?" -James Thurber
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

Brian

Umph.  An ex-girlfriend of mine from a decade ago.

I don't like disliking people (surprised?) so I made up with her and we're still friends.  Drac and I gamed with her when I was roommates with her and her husband several years ago, which is how the connection was made.

~exploding tag~