News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Man, what is going on with me these last few days?  Can't think straight, had to take a day off work.

Maybe sleeping will help. >_<
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Today I blocked off for getting some updates done.

A team managed to blow itself up.  Terribly.  I am not bailing them out.  Even if they have producers at my desk every hour.

I've spent half the day training someone.

IT is unhappy that I am saying "There is Update or Update.  There is no Rollback strategy."

Bah, humbug.
Well, Goodbye.

Squibidyflop

Last night was not a good night. Firstly, it was decided by the Powers That Be that I would be moving over 7000 miles to live in a small, two-room apartment so I can receive 'better healthcare benefits', which actually means they want to move me somewhere they can pay me less. Second, the move has been planned for a date that prevents me from seeing any of my friends or extended family between now and then, so I don't even get a chance to say goodbye to most of them. I will most likely never see many of those friends again.

This has obviously exacerbated the aforementioned stress-related medical condition, so I will probably be spending the time between now and the moving day in a significant amount of pain, the cause of which is still not completely clear.

And people wonder why I have anger management issues.

Anastasia

Wow. All I can say is good luck, since that blows on steroids.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Brian

Last episode's destructive rage/depression leads to a today of regret.

I gave up too easily. -_-

Ah, but regret is easy....

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

Regret's easy. Why not just pick up where you gave up and try again?
<Afina> Forever.

Brian

Pride is quite a horsepill. o_o

Especially with a side of crow.

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

Scaaaaary.

I'd say something else but I'm running on E for wittiness. G'luck, no matter how it goes.
<Afina> Forever.

Jon

While I was walking near Golden Gate Park, a guy leaned out of his van window and asked me for food money.

I am done with SF's panhandling population. No more.

Yuthirin

Tell them that you'll buy them a drink instead. When they bite, squirt them in the face with your concealed water pistol and run away laughing.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Funny but dickish. Are these homeless people or some other form of panhandling? I don't normally associate 'van' and 'panhandling' together.
<Afina> Forever.

Jon

He was parked outside a McDonalds at the time, so your guess is as good as mine.

Generally speaking, SF's panhandlers are homeless, though. (Also, usually mentally ill, which is at least half the reason they're on the streets.)

Arakawa

Most in-your-face panhandler I've ever encountered was at Queen & Jarvis. He was like a demented auctioneer.

"can I have one dollar pleas I need to buy the food can I have one dollar...

*guy gives him a dollar*

can I have two dollars pleas I need to buy the food..."

On the other corner, an old lady was shouting her head off at a guy in army uniform for... I don't even know. But it had to do with his uniform.

Queen & Jarvis is a depressing intersection.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Music-chan

I am on a short-ish diet to clear out my internal systems a bit.  This first week is killing me though.  All green veggies, no proteins or starches.  Even when I try to eat at normal intervals, I am finding myself kinda hungry all the time.  Really looking forward to having protein again.  Ug.
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

Jon

That can't be healthy. Or else I misunderstood; are you eating vegetable protein, at least? Get some legumes in there, and whole grains.