News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squibidyflop

My throat is so swollen right now it hurts to talk. Eating has become a special occasion, especially after last week when I bit the inside of my cheek so hard I got an ulcer.

Very much a "first-world problem", but my hard drive is too small for the torrents I'm downloading.

Also, I had a disturbingly detailed dream about murdering the cast of the first Jurassic Park movie. And Bruce Willis.

thepanda

Don't go see Prometheus. It sucks. A lot.

I should probably write a review or something. >_>

Brian

That's vindicating.  Now, just to be clear, does it suck as a horror movie, or does it suck as a sci-fi film?  Because my expectation is that it's at least a mediocre horror movie pretending to be sci-fi.

And, hope you feel better, Squibidyflop. :x  That sounds unpleasant.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

thepanda

It sucks as a movie!

The music direction? Sucks.

The acting? Sucks.

Directing? Writing? Story? All suck.

I will say that the CGI in the movie was actually really pretty and not at all distracting for once. Well, except for that stupid UI in the
Spoiler: ShowHide
space jocky ship.

The old man makeup was terrible, though.

It isn't a horror movie. It's scifi. But, man, they lose track of their theme early. You can see all the pieces that were supposed to form the theme, but it's handled so poorly that nothing comes of it. It was supposed to raise questions without giving definitive answers (as scifi is wont to do) but they're so divorced from what's happening in the narrative that by the end of the movie the only question that seems to matter is 'How many vaginas can you stick on one monster?'

The answer?

Quite a few. ^_^

Brian

The cat that I left with my parents when I moved out had feline cancer and was put to sleep.

A few.months ago.  My family didn't bother telling me until just now.  I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

~exploding tag~

Sinom Bre

Quote from: thepanda on June 10, 2012, 08:11:40 PM

I have to agree with Panda-chan. Prometheus did not, in any fashion, manner, or form, live up to its hype. It fell far, far short.
"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?" -James Thurber
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

thepanda

Quote from: Sinom Bre on June 12, 2012, 07:50:24 PM

I have to agree with Panda-chan. Prometheus did not, in any fashion, manner, or form, live up to its hype. It fell far, far short.

It's like they took the cast from an Eli Roth movie and put them IN SPAAACE!!

Sinom Bre

Quote from: thepanda on June 12, 2012, 08:02:16 PM
Quote from: Sinom Bre on June 12, 2012, 07:50:24 PM

It's like they took the cast from an Eli Roth movie and put them IN SPAAACE!!

hahaha
"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?" -James Thurber
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

thepanda

My 360 finally bit it. I've never had to replace one. ;_;

Squibidyflop

Fell asleep with my head on my hand. Now it's so stiff it feels like a prosthetic.

Brian

I have two KVMs.  One does V, and the other does KM.

I really needed that many cables behind my computer....

My Linux Mint install also exploded last night when I tried to add a second monitor.  Had to reinstall.  My windows system also got into a state where I had to reset the CMOS while trying to get the more expensive KVM to pass keyboard signal to the Mint box, and then tried to boot an old Vista installation that I'd intentionally damaged the profile on.

Made for a nice heart-attack to see it get that far, though.

~exploding tag~

Brian

Now that all of my technical issues have gotten squared away, I'm free to write again.

...but I have no motivation for anything new, and I can't help but feel like my last project blew up in my face. o_o

~exploding tag~

Dracos

The ninja are always watching?

That seemed like a really stressful evening.  good to see you got through it, brian.

Za Wurldo is Not Enough.  I don't really got much to bitch about at all, side from money (money, money, money...).  Everywhere I look, I can see that for me...Life is pretty good.
Well, Goodbye.

thepanda

Con weekend. I planned on going with friends but other worker had to reschedule so I'm stuck working. At least I didn't pay in advance.

KLSymph

I went to an archery range on Saturday, but despite archery being pretty fun, the only thing I clearly remember about the experience is the spider that crawled up my pants leg while I was on the field.