News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonBob

I actually do that most of the time. While holding my breath, I try to force myself to hiccup, then when forcing doesn't cause it, at least half the time it's over.

Brian

You would not believe how many people insist that I'm lying, or otherwise act as though the ability to do so were supernatural, JB.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Brian

Why don't we have hibernation chambers we can set to put us in cryo until receiving that one important e-mail?

Even more than the flying car, I begrudge our lack of cold-sleep.

~exploding tag~

Brian

Having to go in on a WFH day because of the incompetence of co-workers.

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

There's something amazingly aggravating about constant bad luck when you're selling something.

I've been trying to sell this for three months now. I've had horrible luck getting it sold. I've had random flakes, bad luck and overall things just refusing to work out. I had two pick up and buys fizzle out today. Unreal.

Edit: Then the guy shows with one hell of a good excuse and makes a painless sale. Yay.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Arakawa

Feeling overwhelmed by all the opportunities I don't have time to pursue because I'm stuck putting out all these fires ;_;

Hopefully I can get my life back under control by the end of the week.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Brian

Ah, the curse of those destined to be management.

Too good at handling other people's trouble to be allowed to make your own.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Having to replace fridge.  Not cool.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

It is surprisingly hard to retain my "I do not look at Kotaku" stance.  People link it at me all the time it feels like.  This makes me sad, as they're a terrible company that profits on misinforming their readers and creating controversy out of thin air around people just making entertainment products.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Quote from: Dracos on June 25, 2013, 01:41:17 PM
It is surprisingly hard to retain my "I do not look at Kotaku" stance.  People link it at me all the time it feels like.  This makes me sad, as they're a terrible company that profits on misinforming their readers and creating controversy out of thin air around people just making entertainment products.

Market share is the enemy of all good ethics.
<Afina> Forever.

Brian

Co-worker gives me pieces of information and a vague mention that I should learn awk to decipher some data before a meeting in 1.5 hours.

What? :\

~exploding tag~

Brian

Pulled through, finished testing, made an awesome spreadsheet of results in time for the emergency meeting, and was able to deliver the information concisely and on time.

Some major bosses were present to look at the results, and no one but me had time to look them over before the meeting.  The guy who provided (and configured) the testing setup before I ran it started yelling (no, actually yelling) at the most senior manager present about how bad the results were, and said that I must have screwed up.

After about twenty minutes of this, I was given a massive task list of emergency 'must do immediately before everything else' assignments.  When that was all done, it was determined that I hadn't done anything wrong at all, and the numbers were bad because the thing I'm testing is a pile of garbage.

No one apologized for blaming me or saying I had screwed up.

I got extra work thrown at me.

i feel so miserable

~exploding tag~

Rezantis

I fucking loathe Windows Server 2012, I seriously do.

There's nothing significantly wrong with the underlying OS, but what <i>cockgobbler</i> thought Metro was a good idea on a server?  Seriously?
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Anastasia

Allergies fucking suck. Especially allergy attacks that make sure you only get four hours of sleep. It's like my nose is a portal to the para-elemental plane of mucus.
<Afina> Forever.

Brian

~exploding tag~