News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bezzerker

I think about bike riding (rare as that is) with the consideration that, in an argument; my soft fleshy body will lose to the extremely hard, high velocity boxen on wheels.
Unleash the elements of order and chaos!

A Heart Born Of Darkness,
Bound Within A Body Of Light,
Ignited By A Twilight Forged Soul

Grahf

I'm training yet another person, this one I'm sure has been hired specifically to be the one that takes over my shifts when I leave (counting the days). This person actually seems more engaged than the previous one I was training, and also less loud and more understanding of the concept of personal space. These are good things.

Which is why I really, really wish that a monitor hadn't decided to just up and die near the end of the shift, necessitating that another, older, crappier monitor be brought from downstairs. Said older monitor promptly worked, for about ten seconds, after which time it couldn't get a signal. After "troubleshooting" (read as, unplugging and replugging things and silently swearing to myself), the thing decides to work again, just as another part of the system decides that it's time to give up the ghost.

Granted, I've expected things to start going wrong for a while, all the computers and systems are old, and I know that despite the insistence of others that they'll still work fine that things are in fact starting to go. Of course, they choose to start going when I'm about to leave, never to return. Perfect.

Dracos

Not sure the context, but if you're leaving and the business people staying aren't acknowledging proper TTL of equipment, that's their problem.
Well, Goodbye.

Yuthirin

My bank account is dwindling. Making it to the Gathering is starting to seem difficult or financially crippling.

Hope wanes.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Dracos

:(  That...that would really suck on a lot of levels. :\  But if you're in danger financially, you've got to look out for that.
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Hope waning is just a side effect, I'm sure.  I checked the logs:

* Yuthrin has joined the Gathering: Diablo's minions grow stronger.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Back at work.  Cough remains.  Damn cough.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Careful not to overdo it, Drac. Nothing sucks like overpushing yourself and getting sick all over again.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Brian

E-mail drama.  My little brother (adoptive) is super unhappy about not getting to play in the Sunday sessions.

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Brian

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

I was rescuing a pack of baby harp seals from an oil slick down the street from my place when I was suddenly attacked by a pterodactyl. In the process of repelling and ultimately slaying the pterodactyl while simultaneously selflessly saving thirty baby seals, I wrenched my wrist.

Ladies.

Yuthirin

In other news, how to know you're getting sick in Phoenix: You're cold.

Brian

Add in that you intentionally distracted the pterodactyl to prevent it from committing arson to a nearby orphanage.

Haven't found a way to disable e-mails from Steam about selling junk on the community market. :x

~exploding tag~

Dracos

There was this epic dragon's crown run.   The dwarf was crushing everything.  The sorceress was freezing everything.  Bosses were being waylaid left and right.  The S-ranks were coming like water.

And then the game locked up eleven stages in.
Well, Goodbye.