News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranma_007

Doing research on buying a car. Talk about a huge pain in the ass. I've narrowed it down to the Ford Escape or the Honda CR-V. For kicks, I'm checking out the Acura RDX, but that is out of my price range (frugality).

I am letting the dealers go after each other in a gladiatorial death match. That part is fun. But it's a lot of research.

Dracos

Steaaam.  Just sunk an hour into getting its offline mode to work that eventually came down to...  Corrupt local config file.

Basically for this:
Offline mode saying "Could not connect to steam network" and saying there was a problem with the network connection (Whether it existed or not).

This file C:\program files(x86)\steam\userdata\<account>\config\localconfig.vdf file was corrupt/wouldn't update, so every time I went offline it didn't.

Glad I eventually found someone that had that problem and had jotted down the fix.  Including another one just because.

Really, crappy error messaging steam :(
Well, Goodbye.

KLSymph

KLSymph

Excused from jury duty.

Yay!

Must report again tomorrow.

>:(

Dracos

Apparently there was an enormous fire here.

Didn't notice.

*pushes the smoke out of the way*
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

At work at 10:00 PM.  Probably going to be here until close to midnight.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

Getting over a cold and still congested? Check. A sudden stomach bug on top of it? Check. A lack of sleep on account of those? Check. A long workshift ahead today? Check.

Fuuuuuuck.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Dooooooooooom!

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Ranma_007

Wife had jewelry stolen at a airport because she put it in her checked bag and not her carry on bag. Expensive lesson.

Yuthirin

I've been lying on the bathroom floor at work for ten minutes now. Not sure when I'll decide to get up.

At least it's clean in here.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Brian

007.5: So, the TSA stole your stuff?

Tortle: You don't seem like a crack addict, so ... 'splain?
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

I am exhausted. This sinus infection is absolute murder.

Dracos

Quote from: Ranma_007 on January 02, 2014, 10:24:09 AM
Wife had jewelry stolen at a airport because she put it in her checked bag and not her carry on bag. Expensive lesson.

That's terrible.  Sorry to hear that :(
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Got in touch with old college friend.  Learned he'd been hit by a car in the last month since I chatted with him :\  Luckily it seems it shouldn't be any permanent damage after the surgery, and he's okay, but bleh :\

Damn drivers.
Well, Goodbye.

Yuthirin