News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Mwaarrrrrgh.

I cannot stand having an unrelated meeting going on nearby with microphones while I'm trying to get various submit bugs done. @_@
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Reality annoys me right now on multiple levels.
Well, Goodbye.

thepanda

Oh my god Chase just pulled some bullshit out of its ass. I just, I can't even.

They waited a month after to tell me my scheduled payments were up, while I still have two more months worth to pay on my principle. So that's a month of interest added, plus I wont be able to pay the rest of the principle this month so throw another month on top of that. And you know this shit is going to show up on my credit score.

I swear, this year... this fucking year.

Kaldrak

That sounds awful. I quit banking with Chase years ago. Originally I was with Washington Mutual and when Chase bought them out they swore up and down that they would render the same level of service to us that we had with WaMu. Of course that only lasted for a year or so and then we had to upgrade our accounts from the type we'd had to one of the more expensive ones and then I was unemployed for a while and Chase told me that for the privilege of me having MY money with THEIR bank, I either had to have a direct deposit of 500 a month or they would charge me ten bucks a month...for keeping what little money I had left with their bank. So, they couldn't tell me more clearly than if they'd shouted it that their policies are not friendly to poor people and I wasn't worth their time. Damnable liars. Could not quit fast enough after that.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Dracos

Chase has long been on my 'you shouldn't do business with them' list.  Sorry to hear that Panda.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

A better bank or a credit union sounds like a slam dunk. This year, Panda. This year.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

I changed to USAA and I have had *zero* problems of any kind.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Rukatin

I had one of my final parent/teacher conferences for High school. I'll graduate with minimum credit requirements, ...As long as I don't fail any of my classes. And then we talked about college. My plan was to wait a year before going back to school, work a job and get some money. They don't want me to do that instead just hop right in.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Anastasia

Quote from: Rukatin on October 09, 2014, 11:24:22 AM
I had one of my final parent/teacher conferences for High school. I'll graduate with minimum credit requirements, ...As long as I don't fail any of my classes. And then we talked about college. My plan was to wait a year before going back to school, work a job and get some money. They don't want me to do that instead just hop right in.

Either/or's okay if you can keep your determination to return to college. If you can't or you have parental pressure, it's likely better to just go along with that. If they're paying for it themselves, it's really best to be quiet and just go. College loans suck, and if you can avoid them it's awesome.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Kaldrak

Quote from: Rukatin on October 09, 2014, 11:24:22 AM

Yeah that whole "I'll just go work for a while and get some money" can backfire on you pretty badly if you're not careful.

I've spent almost ten years in retail/customer service since I left college. I make jack and I'm poor. If you've got a plan for getting a degree that'll get you into the higher income levels, you should probably go for it.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Dracos

Frankly, if you're barely passing, college is unlikely to do you any big favors.  Paid education is nothing to turn down, but keeping an eye on vocational training and or schools that are built along that is a wise choice.
Well, Goodbye.

thepanda

Even if you want to go to college I'd say do the vocational school thing first. Two short years and you'll have a skill that you can use for life that keeps you out of the 'barely scraping by on minimum wage' hole so many of use find our way in. There's good money in heating and air-conditioning, refrigerator repair, ect.

Rukatin

I want to study geology. Iwas planning on going to a two year collage to rise my GPA, the going to UW Milwaukee for my 4 year
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"You enslave minds!"

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Rukatin on October 09, 2014, 10:52:18 PM
I want to study geology. Iwas planning on going to a two year collage to rise my GPA, the going to UW Milwaukee for my 4 year

Not a bad idea, but take it from me, you want to keep that knowledge fresh. I'm having to take my final two math classes after a long break in college, and I had to drop both classes and find a tutor because I simply didn't remember enough of the foundation math to pass the classes.

Consider taking a few half-load semesters if you want a break and to work. It'll give you time to work and build money, keep that knowledge fresh, and may be a good compromise with your parents. Get those pain in the ass general education classes out of the way while you don't have a full load of courses pressing down you, get a bit of money in the pocket, and make your parents happy. Win, Win, Win.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Rukatin

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on October 10, 2014, 12:17:48 PM
Quote from: Rukatin on October 09, 2014, 10:52:18 PM

Not a bad idea, but take it from me, you want to keep that knowledge fresh. I'm having to take my final two math classes after a long break in college, and I had to drop both classes and find a tutor because I simply didn't remember enough of the foundation math to pass the classes.

Consider taking a few half-load semesters if you want a break and to work. It'll give you time to work and build money, keep that knowledge fresh, and may be a good compromise with your parents. Get those pain in the ass general education classes out of the way while you don't have a full load of courses pressing down you, get a bit of money in the pocket, and make your parents happy. Win, Win, Win.

Yeah, the 2 year college is UW Waukesha, it does general education (which as I understand it, is just like high school classes) and if I do well in it, the credits I earn will transfer with me when I go to UW Milwaukee.

Also, if any of the technical colleges provided courses for a major in Geology, I would go there.
If all else fails, I'm going to try welding! (even though I BARELY passed my Electronics class. I never got the theory, my only saving grace that I was good at the hands on stuff.)
Meanwhile my parents for the past year in a half having been repeating the mantra of 'Get good grades and pass your classes OR ELSE' and I'm like http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ROqYlaZhErs/UrIk2FMOmkI/AAAAAAAAPYI/oIGowXco3q4/s1600/i-get-the-concept.gif

"You enslave minds!"