News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Rukatin on January 05, 2015, 10:33:10 AM
Ugh. I have so much backlog of fan fiction that regularly updated. I didn't read it because I didn't have a regular schedule over break to read them.

Truly you live a difficult life, where good fanfiction just waits for you in great heaping piles.

The only backlog I had I knocked out today. Alas.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Rukatin

Well most of it is forum based and I like to read the comments. Plus I'm not particularly picky on what kind I like.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Rukatin

Ugh...where should I start. First, my computer caught a bug that kept popping up annoying adds, so I had to figure out how to remove for most of my free time. After downloading a new antivirus software and a cleaner thing, I was frustrated to find that it did not go away. I ended up having to un-and reinstall chrome to get rid of it completely.

Then I remembered I had a physics project due the day after I got back from break. So my other half of free time was spent constructing an Egg drop-thing from Popsicle sticks, plywood and hot glue. Many eggs were sacrificed. 
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

thepanda

Damn you, arctic blast! *shakes fist impotently*

Kaldrak

Endless parking permit sales at the college where I work. Blech. I'll be happy when this week is over.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Ranma_007

Korsar13

Dracos

Today: Warm enough for a t-shirt.

>_>

<_<

*increasing bitching~*

Glad I'm not out in the frigid lands anymore.  The whole airport was covered in snow on my way out.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Hate hate hate hate hate HATE allergies.
<Afina> Forever.

SabreMau

Two weeks until my last day working at my movie theater. I didn't quit or anything, it's just they're going to close and bulldoze it to put up office space. Something about sudden lease problems.

Tallying it up, I find I worked over 10,000 hours there over nearly 18 years. Spent months last year working overnight hours scraping and scrubbing and painting the floors, and now they're planning to just go in and break them up.

Dracos

Eighteen years at one place?

That's Dannycat?  Or am I misremembering the nick.

Either way, wow.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Yeah. I left my last job after 8 years and it sucked. I can't imagine how much it would after more than double that.
<Afina> Forever.

SabreMau

Quote from: Dracos on January 18, 2015, 03:47:26 PM
Eighteen years at one place?

That's Dannycat?  Or am I misremembering the nick.

Either way, wow.

Well, it was seven years from 1997 to 2004, then time spent in Korea, then rehired for 2008 to present. So not 18 years straight, but the hours count is still up into five digits.

I'm less offended by the closing than by the demolishing. Now I gotta get clearance to take pictures and video for historical purposes before it's all gone. The consolation being that they're transferring me to a larger theater a couple blocks away, but now I'm increasingly motivated to study data structures until I can get an actual job, as going from "senior employee who's been around so long they know everything" to "fresh newcomer who's been there the shortest time of all" isn't something I'm looking forward to.

Anastasia

Yeah, that dropoff suuuucks. Went through the same thing too and it's really no fun. You don't realize how comfortable you are at the top until you tumble on down.
<Afina> Forever.

thepanda

My dad asked me to look at his laptop since it was running slow after my sister used it.

I believe it to be possessed by the devil. It should never take an hour to navigate 3 webpages. Open Chrome is tries to run 20-30 processes from the get-go and locks up memory; open ie and every page takes 20+ minutes to load.

That's right, ie is running better than chrome. I can't deal with this tonight. Gotta get up too damn early again tomorrow.