News:

"If it has HP, we can kill it."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Quote from: Yuthirin on March 15, 2016, 03:47:53 PM
New apartment. Dude across from me has been binge watching a show for over a week. I hear the same baseline every 24-28 minutes as the opening plays. It vibrates fully from one room to the next, shaking things hanging on the walls like a cartoon. This goes on until roughly 1am each night, and has done so since I moved in. Last night I had a very spirited conversation with him at half past midnight after spending five minutes bashing against his door. We have come to an understanding. He turns off his bass after 11pm and I don't break into his home while he is at work and throw flayed animal carcasses everywhere.

I was somewhat upset.

Just for awareness (Because I've done it): There are noise ordnances in most neighborhoods (and apartment complexes) that allow for fines and eviction for that.  In case he keeps driving you nuts and you feel like siccing the cops on him.
Well, Goodbye.

Yuthirin

I got my point across. Things are very quiet now.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Rukatin

Epilepsy sucks. Even as a minor case as mine, dropping shit everywhere while you're trying to clean up the shit you've already dropped is really frustrating.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

thepanda

The cost of moving vans once you get out of your city is criminal

Iron Dragoon

The fucking rear passenger window on my car just broke. Need new motor.

I just f'n replaced the driver's side window.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Yuthirin

Steering column and computer in my car is fried. Costs more to fix than the car is worth.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Kaldrak

My brother's cat just had to be put to sleep. I've known her since she was a kitten. Her name was Zoe and she was fifteen years old. She is survived by her younger sister, Tsunami, who is my cat.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Anastasia

Quote from: Kaldrak on April 02, 2016, 03:10:43 AM
My brother's cat just had to be put to sleep. I've known her since she was a kitten. Her name was Zoe and she was fifteen years old. She is survived by her younger sister, Tsunami, who is my cat.

Ah geez, that sucks. Sorry man.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Kaldrak

Thanks, guys.

We buried Zoe beneath a plum tree in the back yard. I don't really think Tsunami understands that her sister is gone, but she seems anxious. The house feels emptier now.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Anastasia

Yeah, I remember it being like that when my childhood dog died. It's tough and takes awhile to really adapt to.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Flash floods here in Houston this week (the worst was on Monday), though they seem to have mostly passed now.

I didn't get hit that hard, but I know others that did. A friend's coworked died in the flash flood on Monday too. Nobody I knew, but still sucks.

On my end...well, I made it home alive and safe, my house didn't leak...but my car had to go through a semi-flooded intersection at one point and now it seems it's not working.

Motor turns on fine, steering wheel turns fine, but it's like the wheels are locked. When I switch from Park to Reverse/Drive, car doesn't move, and it squeals/drags when I press the accelerator, though it does move. I don't know jack about cars, but it feels like the axle might have rusted/locked or if the tires were flat (they're not).

Pulled it out of the garage (wincing at every squealing screech) and left it in the sun, hopefully that helps a bit, but right now it looks like a "Yay for incoming car repair bill!" event.

And I -just- did car maintenance a week and a half ago.

At least I'm still alive, my family and friends are all safe, none of our houses are leaking, and all the other cars work fine, nobody else I know has directly had problems. At the end of the day, I got off lightly.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Glad to hear it. A car repair bill's getting off lightly, Houston really got hammered.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.