News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

I'm so tired. I don't want to adult today. I want to lie in bed and look at golden retriever puppies on the Internet. I don't want to be at work. :(
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Rukatin

Quote from: Yuthirin on May 24, 2016, 01:46:19 PM
I'm so tired. I don't want to adult today. I want to lie in bed and look at golden retriever puppies on the Internet. I don't want to be at work. :(
Do you need an adultier adult? Don't worry. We all do.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Anastasia

Yes, I never feel like I'm an adult.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Merc

Endless stormy weather, as far as the eye can see.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

My left eyelash is crooked and interferes in my vision. Annoying.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

It's a heat indexnof 104 degrees and I work in an un-air conditioned warehouse. I've burned over 2200 calories just walking today. And I still have two hours of work.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on June 18, 2016, 10:16:09 PM
It's a heat indexnof 104 degrees and I work in an un-air conditioned warehouse. I've burned over 2200 calories just walking today. And I still have two hours of work.

You should hazard pay for that, because fucking hell. Ugly, draining, exhausting work.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Looks like the Anime Addventure finally croaked. Man, I remember hearing about that site back in the day. Another little piece of history's gone.
<Afina> Forever.

KLSymph

Quote from: Anastasia on June 21, 2016, 11:00:08 PM
Looks like the Anime Addventure finally croaked. Man, I remember hearing about that site back in the day. Another little piece of history's gone.

<_<

>_>

*glances at his download script on the other monitor as it crawls the Addventure, saving everything into JSON*

If it's going, I'm not letting it go gentle.

Anastasia

Any chance it'll spring back up now that it's kaput?
<Afina> Forever.

KLSymph

Hard to say at this point. I don't think the Addventure's functionality would be hard to duplicate independently if it comes to that, but I don't have the resources to host it.

Yuthirin

It's 109 outside, and I am pleased that it's so low. What is wrong with me why did I move to the surface of the Sun.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Kaldrak

Okay, so my internet goes out last week.

I think, no big deal, I'll just call my ISP and they'll help me fix it. This...did not go well. First I'm stuck on hold for a long period, which I was expecting, then the guy I'm talking to can't find my account. Well, two transfers (and two more long hold sessions later) we figure out that my account is part of a different database, owned by the same company. Why? Because it used to be a different company that this one bought out a couple years back, but they still haven't integrated the database for some reason. Another transfer/hold session later and then I'm talking to the right support person with the right database with the right information.

For those of you following this it went like this: Call support, get transferred to customer care cause they can't find my account, get transferred to a different customer care person with the right database, then get transferred to the right customer support person. So I'm starting to get real annoyed with repeating all of my information to different people over and over and over again. Maybe I get a little snippy and short tempered, but I've been on the phone over an hour and I'm hungry and I had wanted to go out and eat and now I'm stuck here repeating myself to different people who all seem like they can't help me, when I can understand them, anyway. Some real heavy accents on some of these folks.

Customer support guy runs me through all the usual rigamarole about shutting down my modem and turning it back on and resetting the damn thing which I've already told him I've done multiple times. He keeps telling me everything is fine on their end, which does ME bugger all good, as I can't get any internet at ALL. So he asks me about my POS modem, which is super old and then he consults someone and tells me that I need an upgraded one, as mine is no longer compatible with my internet service. So I ask him if they've upgraded something recently, because it was working fine till just that morning, when it up and stopped getting any signals from my ISP.

So...SO, I get off the phone, declining another transfer to the billing department so I can order a modem from them, because I'm super cheesed off at that point and I just want to go get food. My brother and I try to find a modem that's compatible with our ISP provider and it turns out that they don't sell them from the stores nearby.

Great.

The next day I order a replacement modem for a hundred bucks, plus fifteen dollars S&H. It'll arrive in three days. I'm not super happy about anything, but my modem is pretty old, so I figure the darn thing just broke. I mention the whole story to a friend of mine afterwards and he offers to give me a modem/router that he has as an early birthday present, which was pretty awesome of him. So I call back my ISP not two hours after I make the order for the modem and cancel it. I make sure they tell me it's cancelled and that I will not be billed. Alright, I figure that's done with and my friend comes over with his replacement modem.

After some shenanigans wherein he needs to rewire the power cord due to it not fitting (he ordered it online and they sent him the wrong cord, SMH) we hook it up and...the...same...damn...problem is happening with that one. No signal. So now he thinks it might be something wrong with the wiring. We check outside to make sure the wire hasn't been cut and after a bit we give up, because it's too dark. He comes back over the next day and after some more digging he tells me he thinks they've accidentally cut my service somewhere, when they meant to cut someone else's.

So I call them and have them send a technician, who they'll send over by Friday (today). So guess what arrived via UPS yesterday?

Yep, the expensive modem/router I no longer need or want and definitely don't want to pay for. So I call them back and ask them to double check my account and make sure I'm not going to be billed for the thing, but of course I am, because it wasn't actually cancelled. The person I was talking to before said they cancelled it, but they screwed the pooch somehow and it didn't get cancelled. So the guy tells me that they won't charge me so long as I get them their modem back, which I can do by refusing delivery from the UPS guy...who left it on my porch and is no longer there. So in order to not get billed for something I definitely cancelled the order on, I have to head over to a UPS store and tell them to return it to the sender.

I'm just...ugh.

So I get a call today from the technician dude who's supposed to come over, telling me that "everything seems fine on their end" (AGAIN! Rrrrrghhhh!!!) and wondering if I still need him to come over. I call him back and tell him that yes I DO in fact need him to come over and check things out, because I'm paying for a service I'm not getting and I don't know what he's looking at, but it definitely doesn't work on MY END. I mention my friend's theory that they accidentally disconnected us and then I have to get off the phone cause I need to go to work.

He heads over to check it out. Guess what? Turns out they did in fact disconnect us when they meant to disconnect someone else. Probably some newbie unplugged the wrong house at the switchbox or whatever the hell it is. So now my internet is on again and I am seriously considering cancelling my service as soon as my contract with them is up and finding a company that isn't staffed by and run by freaking idiots.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."