News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

I've gotten too forum quiet lately.  That sucks. :P
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

You know what'll fix that? You can start an all new play by post forum game! :-p
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Dracos

Yeah, I guess :)

I really just gotta break the habit first of being quiet.
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

Today was the last day to pick up Windows 10. Seeing as later we would end up getting forced into it anyway, just that I'd have to pay then, finally made the transition.

I dislike it.

Kaldrak

Quote from: Merc on July 29, 2016, 06:17:19 PM
Today was the last day to pick up Windows 10. Seeing as later we would end up getting forced into it anyway, just that I'd have to pay then, finally made the transition.

I dislike it.

Forced into it? Windows is supporting 7 until 2020. I have no plans to upgrade right now.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Anastasia

I have 8. I don't like it, but it's bearable with windows classic. I just don't want to go through the hassle of an upgrade and by the time 8 isn't supported anymore, I'll be on a new computer anyway. So why sweat it, Merc?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Merc

Mostly was feeling like my eyesight gets more strained by the W10 theme or something, which has been annoying me. Have spent the last few hours adjusting settings (and figuring out how or even IF I can adjust some) to not be as bothered by it.

Gotten most of it resolved I think, but the lack of contrast still bugs me. I liked having contrast between things, and W10 is pushing the minimalist crap look where you can't tell where something ends/begins and I haven't figured out how to re-theme it yet. I imagine there are re-themes available, just have to find something I can work with.

I could have waited 4 more years like Kaldrak, but having to deal with the notifications to upgrade (or figuring out what 'updates' to remove so they wouldn't push it) and concerns over what level of support will actually be offered pushed me to go ahead and upgrade.

Of course, didn't expect that W10 would -keep- trying to peddle junk at me after installing (seriously, microsoft? you had to keep doing that shit?), or I actually might have said fuck it and waited. No, W10, I don't care about what Cortana is, I don't care to try out your 'new' Microsoft Edge, thank you very much for these notifications about how you're keeping me safe, oh for the love of god shut the fuck up with the stupid pinging and window pop ups!!!!

I'll get used to it eventually, or at least figure out how to get my contrast themed in. Hopefully. At least I haven't heard the little ping sound or had a window pop up in the last few hours, so maybe microsoft was just getting the peddling out of its system at the start after I ignored its windows 10 requests for the last couple of months.

Kaldrak

For anyone who really wants to get rid of the annoying 'get windows ten' upgrade icon in the lower right hand corner of their desktop, the answer isn't too complicated. I opened the task manager, found the GWX process and right clicked on it to open the file location. Then I just deleted the GWX folder. This requires administrator privileges and an annoying bit of security kerfluffle, wherein you have to take ownership of the folder, but it's entirely possible.

Edit: Oh, and of course you have to end the GWX process before you do this.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Dracos

Been on 10 for ages.  Theming could be better and it does do nagging but largely is ignored.  Just haven't had trouble.
Well, Goodbye.

Yuthirin

I still owe samuez a game and I KEEP FORGETTING TO SEND IT AND I AM SO SORRY
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

KLSymph

*Finishes coding Anime Addventure archive on Aug. 2nd.*

*Redhat OpenShift withdraws free indefinite website hosting on Aug. 1st*

(╬ಠ益ಠ)

Dracos

Sleepy start of a week.  Not really that bad, but what can ya do :)
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

post-nasal drip sucks @_@  Being sick also sucks.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

I fell asleep at the computer so hard I don't even remember nodding off. I wake up several hours later in a horrible position and aching. Bleh.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on August 11, 2016, 11:56:30 AM
I fell asleep at the computer so hard I don't even remember nodding off. I wake up several hours later in a horrible position and aching. Bleh.

That's really bad for you. You should consider buying a bed or something.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?