News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaldrak

Yeah, last night really sucked.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Ranma_007

Hey, Trump is heading to the whit..... DEAR GOD WHAT HAVE WE DONE!

Kaldrak

Ensured that the division in this country between the two sides solidifies into out and out hatred? I don't know about the rest of us, but I for one will NEVER accept that man or listen to another thing he says in any way, shape or form.

He may lead the country, but he doesn't represent me and I sure as hell didn't vote for him.

Edit: Things you say when you're not thinking clearly. Burying my head in the sand and not paying any attention to what's going on in the world isn't going to help anything. And being SUPER pissed off at people doesn't help either, believe me. I'm trying to understand what happened and learn why people voted for him in the first place. This...hasn't been easy. Though honestly, I've been sorely tempted to delete my facebook account.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Merc

Think I got some food poisoning from dinner. Been throwing up all night and have a massive headache from lack of sleep.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Dracos

Ick :(  Hope you feel better Merc.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

I think more things at work could be on fire, but I can't tell because all the things that are on fire. :(  Bleh.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Holiday hours are starting early at my job this year, so it means I work later. Boo.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

I dislike the early darkness :( 
Well, Goodbye.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Rukatin

Hey where's my birthday thread? For I am officially no longer a teen!
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Rukatin

Alrighty... Here goes.

Life has taken a turn on my lately. I'm 20 now, but to be honest I've never really been 'adult' as I still live with my parents and work a part time job. I still don't have my driver's licence for crying out loud. (which should be fixed with my fifth and hopefully final test coming up soon)

But now... okay. Almost seven or six years back, my Dad worked for General Electric. But he got laid off along with a bunch of other people. He was... understandably less than pleased and made the admittedly stupid decision of not getting another job right away and taking money from our house's mortgage... plan... thing. I don't now the specifics. Anyways, that's how my parents made ends meet until the time came that my Dad was employed again.

This ended up creating a large amount of debt tied to our house, and recently the allotted time came and now that debt is due. My parents can't afford that, so they're selling the house we've lived in for the past decade.

Which means I need to find my own place. Which means I need to get a better paying job, or go to school, or...

Yeah. End of an era for me. Anyways, rant done.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"You enslave minds!"

Anastasia

That's always tough. G'luck man, it's hard moving on. Still, once you do it, you'll feel stronger.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Kaldrak

Hey Ruk, that feeling of not being an adult? Yeah, I'm 32 and I still have that. Hell, I don't have a drivers license either. Three and a half years back I spun out on the freeway going 75mph and ended up staring down the headlights of an oncoming semi right before I went off the road and smashed my car, rear first into a tree. Strangely enough, I haven't been too keen on driving myself again, since then.

I will give you this bit of advice, which I've ignored in the past and still continue to ignore to this day. You should probably get a four year degree. Two years of college isn't worth what it used to be anymore. If you know what major you want, you should go for it. Alternatively, my two best friends went into the military right out of high school (in noncombat positions) and when they got out both had investments, significant savings accounts, and waaay more money than me.

It's worth thinking about.

Eleven years ago I was sick of college, so I thought I'd take a break and work retail for a while. This...was a terrible idea. You can barely make it in retail, these days. No one wants to hire you full time or pay benefits unless the government makes it illegal for them not to, so you might need to work more than one job. Also, you may come to hate humanity, if you do that. The customer service industry is soul sucking. And the pay is usually shit.

So take it from someone who's walked that road. It doesn't really go anywhere. If you can avoid it, you probably should.

Excuse my presumptions if they're out of place. Just trying to give you some of the benefit of my experience. Hope everything works out alright with your family and living situations.

Rukatin

Quote from: Kaldrak on December 06, 2016, 11:27:50 PM
Hey Ruk, that feeling of not being an adult? Yeah, I'm 32 and I still have that. Hell, I don't have a drivers license either. Three and a half years back I spun out on the freeway going 75mph and ended up staring down the headlights of an oncoming semi right before I went off the road and smashed my car, rear first into a tree. Strangely enough, I haven't been too keen on driving myself again, since then.

I will give you this bit of advice, which I've ignored in the past and still continue to ignore to this day. You should probably get a four year degree. Two years of college isn't worth what it used to be anymore. If you know what major you want, you should go for it. Alternatively, my two best friends went into the military right out of high school (in noncombat positions) and when they got out both had investments, significant savings accounts, and waaay more money than me.

It's worth thinking about.

Eleven years ago I was sick of college, so I thought I'd take a break and work retail for a while. This...was a terrible idea. You can barely make it in retail, these days. No one wants to hire you full time or pay benefits unless the government makes it illegal for them not to, so you might need to work more than one job. Also, you may come to hate humanity, if you do that. The customer service industry is soul sucking. And the pay is usually shit.

So take it from someone who's walked that road. It doesn't really go anywhere. If you can avoid it, you probably should.

Excuse my presumptions if they're out of place. Just trying to give you some of the benefit of my experience. Hope everything works out alright with your family and living situations.

*gives virtual hug*

"You enslave minds!"