News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranma_007

Car buying sucks. It is seriously stressing me out. Not being ripped off for thousands... argh! Any tips from anybody?

Dracos

Sorry.  I only have done it once ever.  It sucks :(
Well, Goodbye.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

I moved to the desert to get away from my allergies.

Little did I know that stupid people decided to move here and, thinking there were not enough green things, PLANTED A BUNCH OF PLANTS THAT CAUSE ALLERGIES. Millions of dollars are spent each year keeping these plants alive in the desert.

It's unbelievable.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Nothing like falling asleep soon after work and waking up sore. Grumble, grumble.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

Allergies are getting me this year.  Gotta make sure to take medicine.
Well, Goodbye.

Rukatin

Had quite the scare this morning. It was raining hard and was going down a (gradual) hill at a speed that might've been over the limit, and came to an intersection just as the light turned yellow. So I braked hard, and experienced what hydro-planing was! Luckily there was only one other car at the intersection.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Dracos

Holiday over.  Back to work.
Well, Goodbye.

Kaldrak

Well, my rent just increased.

It's something I find particularly puzzling. The house hasn't really gotten any better, it's not suddenly a nicer place to live, but it now costs more to rent, which probably means the taxes increased or something and it's worth more.

So it goes with costs. They always increase and if they go down people start screaming about how something is terribly wrong and that the economy is crashing down around our ears or an industry is going belly up or somesuch.

Somewhere, people are making a lot of money, but I'm sure as hell not. I don't really understand these things.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Rukatin

Got rear ended today. Well, my parents were, I was just in the car with them.

Three car chain. We were stopped because a car with a boat on a trailer was pulling out into the lake-front and a teen washing paying attention and slammed into the SUV behind us, which pushed it into us enough to create a big dent in the trunk.

Everyone was fine though, the teen's car got totaled though.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"You enslave minds!"

Anastasia

Man, both of the last two suck. At least no one was hurt in that car crash.

From my own corner of the world, I have a friction burn on the back of my foot, just above my heel. My sock apparently clung wrong and owwww.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Kaldrak

Glad everyone's okay Ruk. Car crashes terrify me.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Rukatin

Quote from: Kaldrak on June 03, 2017, 06:27:39 PM
Glad everyone's okay Ruk. Car crashes terrify me.
It's funny, because this was the second time I've been the passenger in a rear-end collision, and as I have the tendancy of 'checking out' during car rides, all I feel is a harsh jerk and then I'm wondering why's everyone getting out of the car.

"You enslave minds!"

Rukatin

Guess who got a ticket on their way to work? This guy...

"You enslave minds!"

Ranma_007