News:

"If it has HP, we can kill it."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Yeah.  It now costs 2 tears to read soulriders.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Hopefully it's not as bad as hyperbole says it is. We'll see. I think there's at least some hyperbole involved in it, but at the same time, I think losing net neutrality is an overall bad thing.

Also, yeah, I'm sure it'll be challenged in court so we'll see.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

It'll go back toward the early 2010s where providers were silently shutting out disruptive/improvementontheirproduct businesses, but hey it's america.  We never promised things were fair?  Go rich or get smooshed :(
Well, Goodbye.

Kaldrak

It's a complicated issue, but it seems like most people didn't want it to go away and don't believe the chairman's reasoning for getting rid of it.

(I put the rest in spoiler tags for politics.)

Spoiler: ShowHide
I don't fully understand it myself, but it kind of goes along with my other questions, like:

Why are we weakening the Consumer Protection Bureau?
Because MAGA!

Why are we trying to get rid of the ACA?
MAGA!

Why don't we like the clean power, clean air, and clean water regulations?
MAAAAAAAGGGGGAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Why don't we like Net Neutrality again?
MAGAMAGAMAGAMAGAMAGAMAGA!!!!

Alright. I now loathe you with almost every fiber of my being. Was that your intention?
Suck it Libtard!

And now I hate you with EVERYTHING THAT I AM.

I assume that 'great' is defined as a corporate controlled hellscape wherein we are all going to be processed as soylent green at some point in the future, and I will fight you to the death to prevent America from becoming such 'greatness'.

I...I need to calm down. I'm going to go back to watching gaming videos.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

thepanda

Was doing a tune up last night and broke a spark plug. I have no idea how to get this out.

Ranma_007

Ranma_007

I just realized that I posted in the wrong thread. Darn it.

Kaldrak

Quote from: Ranma_007 on January 01, 2018, 06:25:42 PM
I just realized that I posted in the wrong thread. Darn it.

That's worth bitching about. :P
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Arakawa

That emotional roller coaster of receiving a rave review on an incomplete fanfic you haven't updated for five years...................................
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Merc

So for anyone that uses Batoto to read manga...be aware that it is shutting down as of 1/18 (next week).

https://bato.to/forums/topic/28840-batoto-will-be-closing-permanently/page-2#entry1853018

Quote from: Arakawa on January 11, 2018, 08:19:49 PM
That emotional roller coaster of receiving a rave review on an incomplete fanfic you haven't updated for five years...................................

Guess it's time to start updating again!
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

So I take the day off from most things because I have a new computer coming, I need to sign for the delivery. Okay, no big deal and it should be a nice day on account of that.

So around lunchtime it's not here yet and I'm in a fairly good mood, so I decide to go order something. I check my bank account to see how it's doing, purely automatic more than anything else. Turns out I have nine bucks in there. The computer purchase finally got posted today...twice. They billed me for it twice, the exact same charge. Cue rather frantic calls to Dell and my bank, which naturally means overseas call centers, a lot of empty words and a promise of something within '10 business days'. Yeah. So I'm basically broke and have no idea when I'll actually get my money back.

What's worse? I spent all day killing time and keeping an eye on the front door for the package. It never comes. Now Fed Ex is saying delivery is 'pending' instead of giving a date, so who knows there.
<Afina> Forever.

Kaldrak

Quote from: Anastasia on January 12, 2018, 10:44:41 PM
So I take the day off from most things because I have a new computer coming, I need to sign for the delivery. Okay, no big deal and it should be a nice day on account of that.

So around lunchtime it's not here yet and I'm in a fairly good mood, so I decide to go order something. I check my bank account to see how it's doing, purely automatic more than anything else. Turns out I have nine bucks in there. The computer purchase finally got posted today...twice. They billed me for it twice, the exact same charge. Cue rather frantic calls to Dell and my bank, which naturally means overseas call centers, a lot of empty words and a promise of something within '10 business days'. Yeah. So I'm basically broke and have no idea when I'll actually get my money back.

What's worse? I spent all day killing time and keeping an eye on the front door for the package. It never comes. Now Fed Ex is saying delivery is 'pending' instead of giving a date, so who knows there.

Ouch. It's funny how companies can take your money instantly, but it takes almost two weeks to get it back to you. >_<

Anastasia

Pretty much. It's like people need the money you took accidentally, imagine that.

Also there's still no delivery date available now, Fed Ex says that no scheduled delivery date is possible at this time.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

I hope it gets resolved quickly, sorry that happened and nearing a weekend too. Because I'm suuure they're ceasely working to fix it over the weekend. :/
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Dracos

Ouch.  That kind of stuff is one of the reasons I go through credit cards pretty much always.  Having a company in the middle to reverse charges on folks seems just safe :(
Well, Goodbye.