News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Doom gaming

Started by Anastasia, October 24, 2004, 01:48:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Yes, I'm an old fart whom lives with ten year old games. If any if you are familiar with Zdoom and ZDaemon, I'd like to get a bit of deathmatching or coop going. Nothing fancy, just so old school Doom+source port fun. Open for whatever, though I so rarely play DM that I'll be an easy target.

Any takers?

(Note - That assumes this sort of thing is okay here. If not and I've grossly misgauged the purpose of this board, by all means move or kill this.)
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

It's totally appropriate.  There will be some explainations and guidelines posted after I finish some stuff.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

I'll give this a shameless bump up to see if I can garner any more interest.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

I'd be in on it, though so busy. >_<

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Ranmilia

I'd be up for it, assuming that I'm actually awake and have time at the same time other people do, and the firewalls and ZDoom decide to like each other.  Never played Doom deathmatch, though.  It would seem to have.... interesting balance.  I've also got Doom 3 if anyone's up for that.

Halbarad

I'd try Doom 3, but it's rough trying to get a decent enough framerate in the single player. I'd hate to see how multiplayer works. >_<
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Dracos

I played doom deathmatch once and while I'm willing to play again, they really didn't balance it for deathmatch.  Coop would likely work better.  Last I played, I recall over half the weapons were practically instant kills.  Quake 1 was far more sane in that respect.

Dracos
Quake fanboy
Well, Goodbye.

Kt3

I'd be willing to play Doom... if I had it.  I have Quake, though... but it won't work with XP, and while I've been trying to find around it for older games, I haven't figured out a way how to, yet.

*has been trying to use Bochs, but can't seen to find a BIOS image*
I think we live our lives in other people's hearts and minds. Alone by ourselves we're not very much good at all. But when we let someone else in with their stories and all their sights and sounds and songs and smells and sensations, we suddenly start filling our shelves and boxes with books and books of them and building up our libraries.

Dracos

I think eventually we'll figure out a way.

The waaaaay....

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Okay, trying to get this together.

I can get people going on Doom 2 if need be, so that's not an issue. Roll call and let's try to set up a date. How about December 20th, 5 PM EST?
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Doom 2 you say?  5 PM EST you say?

Co-op taking down of the demons from hell, you say?

If so, I may be there.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Yep, next Monday. We can try vanillia Doom 2, or Alien Vendetta, or a couple of other megawads if you want co-op. I'll look into it.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Up to you man.  Just not interested in deathmatch in Doom.  Did it once.  it was really lame.  Don't care to do it again.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

That's fine, co-op in Doom can rock as well.

If it's Doom 2, any level will work. If it's Alien Vendetta? Probably keep it to any level below 20, as 21 and on get insane even on single player. I'm thinking level 3-11 would be ideal.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

I suggest this...

RISE FROM IT'S GRAVE!

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.