News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Okay, Thanks, Laughing out Loud.

Started by The GM., November 06, 2004, 04:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The GM.

THE RULES... and stuff

Start Date: 20th November, Australia East Coast. We're on daylight savings and stuff, mind.

The inital format of the game with likely be IRC, because I'm sure I can catch all of you one at a time. Some flip-flopping between IRC and forums will doubtless take place; I'll throw up logs as soon as I've properly edited them, so things should be relatively seamless.

Basic Game Stuff which you shouldn't forget.

1) Never piss off a chef.

2) This is an epic-fantastical high-adventure thing. As a result, you may be able to get away attempting some truly bizzare shit. If it's heroic, cool-looking, and not game-breaking, I don't think I'll have any problems.

3) With regard to gaining CP: You *can* spend CP on boosting your base stats to their human maximums. You *can* spend CP on improving skills you already know. You *can* spend CP on stuff that could easily be derived from stuff you already know.

You *can't* just buy new abilities out of the blue without approval, though you're all bright enough to come up with plausible explanations.

With regard to spending CP on powers, you can't buy new ones with CP at all. If you're going to get a completely new power, it'll be on my say-so, not because you decided 20 CP was a good investment.

By the same token, there's nothing to stop you improving existing frameworks or powers. Your character might, in theory, develop cool new powers on his own; there really needs to be a damned good reason.

Try and tell me what direction you intend to take your characters in a little in advance. Look, all sorts of crap might happen which might make you change your mind, but I want a loose idea. I was tempted to handle *all* power development by myself, but I figure you're competent enough to handle it yourself without me always breathing down your neck to correct you.

4) At the moment, there are 3 approved PCs, with one pending. Feel free to share your character sheets if you want. I'd rather the PCs stuck together rather than drifted apart, so try not to start duels to the death amongst yourselves.

Drac, Brian, and Bjorn are set. Baka-Ken needs to make his sheet.

5) Speedy post rate, hopefully. I'm not setting any particular amount per day, but I'm hoping we'll get a constant pace moving. >_>

6) Remember, despite the fact that your character has seen weird shit before, they probably havn't seen much of weird powers beyond their own and those directly related. If you have an issue with this, raise your hand. >_>

That's all, I think. Have fun making those last-minute changes!

Carthrat

[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Dracos

>_>

Rat.  IRC?  Are you crazy? o_o;

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

Carthrat

To clarify, IRC sessions will most likely be one-on-one, when I can catch you each individually. I doubt we'll get any huge group sessions happening, aside from the once-a-month huge combat. >_>

Dracos

11 days.

>_>

Has anything happened?

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

Ok, let's go back to the first post.

Start Date: 20th November

You'll that hasn't been any of the days before today (for values of the year 2004). >_<

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Bjorn

Most of the initial power development I planned to do with Cadfael involves increasing the size of his VPP pool, so he can, y'know, have more than one rune active at a time and stuff.

In the longer term, I'd like to have him start experimenting with making Glyphs of his own, either on himself directly, or by enchanting items.

Also, I'm thinking I want a pony.

Carthrat

I've told you a million times; ponies are *expensive*. Start saving your pocket money.

Dracos

I'm pretty sure I sent you a file that also had a 'yeah, planned path of advancement' on it, Rat.  If you don't have one, bug me and I'll go look it up.  Should've been at the bottom of the character sheet.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

New Rules That I thought up as we went along:

1) If you're in melee range, and your opponent is trying to shoot you, you can abort to block the shot, on the basis that you're moving the gun away from you. This is being done because:

a) It looks cool,
b) It's a superheroic-ish game!

There's no extra penalties, but the guy with the gun isn't compensating for range, and he still gets a brace bonus at melee.

2) Yes, you can boost perception as a normal skill- but if you're going to, you have to buy the 3pt version first.

3) You start suffering huge, indeterminite wound penalties at 1/4 HP. If you want, you can be all heroic at low health- but unless you ahve easy healing handy, don't expect to be going anywhere afterwards.

Brian

I need to lodge a formal complaint here.

Why do ponies require us to have both 40 CP AND 100 GP?

I mean, really!
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Okay, I'm not laughing.  I've been away nearly a week and STILL have last post.

This isn't cool.  This isn't fun.  I'm trying to play, but it's like playing against a wall.  Rat's being lazy since he's in other games and can simply ignore that he has a player that moves once a week on average at best and isn't doing anything to keep the game fun for other players.  Baka's fine enough when he does play, but you can hardly tell he's there when you can't even have a few posts go back and forth without it taking two weeks.  Brian, I know, is losing interest because he's playing with no one and he's in a situation where his character simply doesn't fit well.  Bjorn's already left.

This game COULD still succeed, if Rat worked on it.  But as it is, I'm finally ready to just quit on it since it's just as impossible to play a game where the GM doesn't care as it is to play one where the player's don't.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

It could, but I'm mind-numbingly bored waiting on 2-3 day exchanges.

It's taken me 6 months to get on a bus, hit someone with a stick, and start fleeing the country.

Admittedly, part of my problem is the fact that I was supposed to run into Bjorn, and he left....

But bleah.  :/
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~