News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Aboard the Eidolon - Day One

Started by Brian, December 04, 2004, 07:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

"Such as?" Albert asks, turning to Kelly. This potential medical emergency certainly seemed like the most urgent thing at the moment, as far as he knew.

Dracos

"Getting the rest of the crew up to date.  Repairing the ship's integrated operand.  Figuring out where we are and the extent of the ship damage.  Worrying that Engineer Kieron overslept after yesterday's ship doesn't sound to me like a huge priority.  Even if it was, it doesn't take all of us twiddling our thumbs about it to get something done."

Kelly shrugged.  "We got a lot of work ahead of us."

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Bjorn

Finn cocks an eyebrow at Kelly.  "So, you wanna do Kieran's job?"

Dracos

Kelly blinked.  "You know what?  Fine, I'll go check his quarters.  Hale, which way to Kieron's quarters?"

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Ebiris

"Yes, go check up on him," Albert nods. "If it's nothing major, then no problem. But I'd rather not take any chances with half our complement already dead."

Dracos

"Sure thing, Captain.  Hale?"

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

"Directions to Crewman Kieran's quarters are now provided," Hale replies, illuminating a strip at about eye-level height that leads out of the room and down the hall.

Kelly follows it to the door to Kieran's room without any trouble.  The door's Privacy switch is not turned on, so Kelly peeks in, entering a slightly warmer-than-usual room.

Kieran appears to be laid out on his cot, sweating profusely in his sleep.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Kelly went to do what any non-medically trained person would do in this environment.  He went to check Kieron's forehead for a fever.  "Hey, Kieron, you okay?" He shook him a little bit.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Kieran actually feels cool to Kelly's touch, but doesn't wake when moved/spoken to.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

"Hale, you have any medical databases online at all?" Kelly asked, not expecting anything.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

"Certainly," Hale says.  "It is not included under my default search parameters, but I am able to retrieve it.  One moment."

Hale is quiet for a bit before he replies, "Crewman Kieran is an Angel, and therefore requires temperatures to be lower than the norm for comfort and awareness."  The room's heating instantly adjusts, as the vents begin pouring much colder air into the room.  "It would be advisable to consult with a physician, but records indicate a 96% chance of full recovery within 24 hours."

~exploding tag~

Dracos

"Okay.  Sheesh, any reason why he turned on the heat so high in here previously?"

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

"The heat was not adjusted by Crewman Kieran," Hale says after a moment.  "I would hypothesize that he forgot to recharge the battery on his protective sweater.  I am not linked to it, so a definitive inquiry is not immediately possible."

~exploding tag~

Dracos

"Ah.  I see.  Oh well."

Kelly headed back to the bridge.

"Captain, Kieron is sick, but should recover soon.  He failed to take proper precautions against the heat."

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Ebiris

"You'd think he'd be more careful about things like that," Albert mutters with a trace of annoyance.

"Oh, well, leaving that aside, what progress has everyone made on their repairs?" he asks the three assembled crewmen.