News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Adventure 2.0 - Heli 3. Will Rat survive a nasty new world?

Started by Anastasia, December 11, 2004, 08:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

"There aren't any fresh scorches or tracks," comments Carthrat. "Nobody has come this way for a long time, least of all to start a fight."
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Anastasia

"With the road like this, it makes sense," she agrees, turning to look down the road. "I wonder what state the colony is in?"
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Carthrat

"Who knows?" comments Carthrat, shrugging. "We can always find another one. They can't all be trashed, after all."

Anastasia

A nod, as you begin to walk again.

Perhaps an hour passes this way, the sunset going on with almost reluctant, dragging speed. It's still quite lit as a city appears on the horizon - a domed city, a road snaking into it past it's gates. Or what should be a dome, as it's cracked and shattered, only bits of it still up on the lower sides.  3 to 10 story tall building dot the area, shining in the night.

They would be, if many weren't clearly damaged.

"It's a ruin," Rachel says quietly, closing her eyes. "Was there a battle here, one that this city lost?"
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

"There aren't any winners in a war," replies Carthrat, shrugging. "This city was evidently attacked, but I can't say who eventually won the final confrontation. Heavy losses on both sides, most likely."

Anastasia

"If they were the winners..." Rachel sighs, taking another step forward. "There could be people to help there," she adds, gazing ahead. "Survivors?"
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

"Unless they gassed the city afterwards," replies Carthrat, shaking his head. "There's just no way to tell. The city could be abandoned, for all I know."

Anastasia

"That might be true..." Rachel hesitates, a shadow of doubt passing over her face like a drifting demon. "But even if there aren't, you might find something you can use in the ruins, right?"
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

"I probably could, but searching through a dead city isn't fun," replies Carthrat, shaking his head. "I'll poke around here and there. Maybe I can find some equipment. But I'd rather not."

Anastasia

Turning to you, with a rather serious look on her face, "But I want to go. If there are people still there, we can help them. I want to at least look," she says, clearly quite honest on the matter.
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

"With luck, and by any measure of grace, we will," replies Carthrat, striding onwards towards the city. "Oh. We're wearing clothes that look nice, and we're not all dirty and scabbed up. Someone might try to rob us. Keep your wits about you."

Anastasia

Smiling at you words, she nods nonetheless. "I will be," she says, grasping something in her pocket. Perhaps after the lessons fromt he past month or two, she can indeed make a show of protecting herself.

As you approach the city limits, you see the entrance gate has holes in it and is knocked aside, allowing easy access. No one is about right now that you can see offhand. You couldn't go over the domewall, as it's about ten feet of concrete before large shards of plastic or glass that formed the dome jut out from it's base. Off to the side looks to be a two seat hover craft, upside down and forgotten. A dent is in the concrete wall is right besides it, perhaps speaking of a last accident.
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

Carthrat eyes the hover car speculatively, but heads on into the dome, eyes shifting about alertly.

Anastasia

Stepping carefully over scattered debris and ruin, you enter into the dome. Ahead, a logically laid out center street leads on into the dome proper - in ruined form. Lights are wrecked, parts of the clear dome are lying about, buidlings are more ruin than whole. Save for the skitter of a passing rat, there is no early sign of life at all.
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

"This is pretty harsh," comments Carthrat, as he moves on. "Wheover did this had some serious gear. You don't do this with a mob of goons, you have.. tanks, ships, bombs, the whole thing."