News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Sixteen tons and what do I get?

Started by Dracos, December 16, 2004, 11:26:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halbarad

"Hey! Give that back!" Phil shouts, lunging for the optical device.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Dracos

The tough hauled it over his head.  "Make me shrimpy."  The others laughed as he pushed Phil back onto his rear.  "Gonna cry for your momma?"

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Halbarad

Phil scowled, quickly scrambling back to his feet. Taking a moment to rummage in his backpack, he produced a curious-looking device - looking like a cross between a fishhook, a backscratcher, and a clothesline, all connected to a toy car tire. A good pull freed up the clothesline, and Phil hurled the hooked end at his wayward telescope, aiming to pull it right out of the bully's grasp!
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Dracos

He got the telescope back, the fishhook catching it and pulling it to him.

Unfortunately the other bullies were still nearby as they turned on him.

"Ooh, two toys?"

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Halbarad

Phil tucks the telescope and the makeshift grappling hook under his arm, making a break for the nearest opening between two of the larger boys as fast as he can manage.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Dracos

And off he went, the toughs following swiftly behind, their larger strides catching up!

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Halbarad

Phil quickly reached into his backpack - it looked like Lookout Hill was out of the question, with this mob following him.  Grabbing a handful of marbles from a jar in his backpack, he scattered them across the road behind him. It might not get rid of ALL of the bullies, but hopefully it would at least slow them down for a few minutes.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Dracos

He hears some shouts of surprise behind him, followed by a few painful sounding thuds.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Halbarad

He risks a glance back to see how much of the pursuit he's managed to eliminate.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Dracos

There's four of 'em chasing him!

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Halbarad

Phil thinks quickly. Four is too many to try standing off against, but perhaps he can improve the odds a bit more. Once more fishing in his pack, he pulls out a large spray can, aiming the nozzle behind him and covering his nose as he releases a massively foul stench into the air behind him.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Dracos

The toughs stopped at that, loud and vulgar curses filling the air as they tried to get away from the skunk-like odor.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Halbarad

Phil darted around the nearest corner, trying to put as much distance as he could between himself and the bullies before they decided to hold their noses and tough the stink cloud out. Not really paying attention to where he was going,  he darted around several corners, trying to find a good place to stop and rest.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Halbarad

The young boy pushed open the door of the shop, still breathing rather heavily. This looked like as good a place as any to get himself back together - hey, maybe he could even still make it back out to the hill before the meteor shower started!
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.