News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

POST OF THE DAY

Started by Dracos, December 21, 2004, 08:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KLSymph

Usually I avoid linking to the Anime Addventure to point out anything because I am a moderator there, but this time I'm even going to raise a dead thread for the occasion, because after more than two weeks I still can't get over how bad this episode is.

http://addventure.bast-enterprises.de/199599.html

If it was merely a problem with spelling, I could've just deleted it, but you need to have dabbled in both computer security and storytelling to fully appreciate all the things that are wrong with what and how it's written.

thepanda

KLSymph

Indeed, it is one of the finest examples of expospeak I have in this life encountered. It should go in a textbook.

Edward

Wow, that is impressive.

From the fail to make sense to the repetitive redundancy.

You should have it bronzed.
If you see Vampire Hikaru Shidou, it is Fox.  No one else does that.  You need no other evidence." - Dracos

"Huh? Which rant?" - Gary

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Servitor of the Outer Gods with your ineffective Thompson Submachine Gun." - grimjack

Edward

I've heard of David Gonterman, fic 'author' and 'cartoonist'.  A websearch of his last name will get you several sites exposing you to the specialness of his work.

Imagine my surprise when I discovered, out of the depth of Anime addventure, that Gonterman has a fan.http://addventure.bast-enterprises.de/display_comment.php?episode=196305&n=50&m=0&d=0

If you see Vampire Hikaru Shidou, it is Fox.  No one else does that.  You need no other evidence." - Dracos

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Servitor of the Outer Gods with your ineffective Thompson Submachine Gun." - grimjack

KLSymph

Quote from: EdwardI've heard of David Gonterman, fic 'author' and 'cartoonist'.  A websearch of his last name will get you several sites exposing you to the specialness of his work.

*looks up David Gonterman*

I could've lived my ENTIRE LIFE without knowing this person's work exists, and without knowing someone I deal with likes it.

Thanks a lot, Edward.

Edward

^_^

Why should anything surprise you anymore at AA?

KLSymph

I'm trying to engender a certain standard, a certain expectation of quality, in reading interests. If you just wanted to scar me for my failures, you could've just shot me.

Dracos

Sorry, we're still working on guns that fire through interwebs.

I know, disappointing, but Edward does the best he can with substandard tools.

Psst?  Serafita is a dude?

Dracos
For pointless sidenotes.
Well, Goodbye.

KLSymph

One of my own posts, this is a logic quiz that I just posted to the Anime Addventure. It'll eventually disappear because the comment board will be automatically erased, so instead of linking it, I'll leave it here for the amusement of others.

Edit: had to remove an old function from a previous translation. Hope I translated well, but hey, I tried.

thepanda

I kind of liked the bit by "He who hates with vigor the round headed one" where he states that it's safe to assume that the majority is always right in another thread there. You must enjoy pointing these lapses in judgment out. 

KLSymph

Yes, "enjoy" is... one way to put it. Actually, he didn't state that "it's safe to assume the majority is always right", as much as it never occurred to him that the majority might not be right.

http://addventure.bast-enterprises.de/display_comment.php?episode=202268&n=25&m=0&d=3

So when I told him "it's a fallacy, you say you support rational basis and then immediately contradict rationality", and he said:
Quote from: He who hates with vigor the round headed oneHow is that a contridiction? If ten people give you an answer to a question and 3 give one answer and 7 another simple probablity states that the 7 are right.

...My WTF-o-meter exploded, and I sat there for a minute completely blank. Then for next five minutes my mind was filled with Angry Video Game Nerd vs Sega 32X power plug:
Quote from: James 'AVGN' RolfeBullshit. What a load of fucking bullshit. How did they fuck this up so bad?

Five minutes after that, I'm sit there writing out responses. Nope, that's insulting. Nope, that's insulting. Okay, you know what?
Quote from: KLSymphTo bystanders: Because there's no response to this and the next two statements that doesn't involve condescension and/or ridicule...

And now you know what my day is like.

KLSymph

I had another AA argument, attached as HTML below, but the argument with Psyckosama is not the funny thing. The funny thing is at the end, with Formula Fox.

Edward, this is for you. Savor it.

thepanda

Jon

Spoilers for Gurren Lagann episode 8

Ani~ki