News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

POST OF THE DAY

Started by Dracos, December 21, 2004, 08:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thepanda

True enough, however, now there won't be the 'It's too much effort to spellcheck' arguement anymore. Idiots will appear to be idiots even to other idiots. And a good flamewar on the Addventure is always entertaining.

KLSymph

Quote from: "Edward"Idiot complains about mod insisting on posts being spellchecked and asks mod to delete all his Anime Addventure posts.

http://addventure.bast-enterprises.de/display_comment.php?episode=130648&n=7

I'd take him up on it, KL

No, no, I'm pretty sure PsyckoSama fell of the bed that morning or something. He doesn't make such complaints usually. Let's not be spiteful. Love and peace.

Quote from: "thepanda"And a good flamewar on the Addventure is always entertaining.

Well, this was hardly a flamewar, but... yeah, I'll stand by that sentiment.

Anyway, this is the sort of thing that keeps me from having enough free time to get writing done on the AA. I was hoping to revise the thread I did last month and link it to here (and incidentally contribute something worthwhile as fanfiction moderator here). Beating down stupidity day-by-day just takes so much out of my creative output. I'm still waiting to see if Dark Phoneix will confirm whether or not that fellow a few days ago was stealing his nick.

Edit: reworded some things, but Dracos responded before I finished.

Dracos

But Spite! =P

Dracos
Work, Work, Work...sixteen tons...
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

It does so.

Which is why it's generally not a good idea to play martyr and why you're told so often to let it go.

It's exhausting trying to tend to folks being really petulant kids and when it comes down to it, most tend to find it not worth the real bother. =)

You might, but at the same time, I hope you recognize what you're spending of yourself to do so.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Edward

Quote from: "KLSymph"Anyway, this is the sort of thing that keeps me from having enough free time to get writing done on the AA.

Which leads me to ask why do you do it in the first place?  You work your butt off trying to make the Anime Addventure something other than a festering pit and in return they are ungrateful and insulting.

Quote from: "KLSymph"I was hoping to revise the thread I did last month and link it to here (and incidentally contribute something worthwhile as fanfiction moderator here).

Perhaps you should post your fiction here first.

Quote from: "KLSymph"Beating down stupidity day-by-day just takes so much out of my creative output.

So is it worth it for you?  I'm seeing a lot of time and effort on your part, but I'm not seeing what you get out of it.
If you see Vampire Hikaru Shidou, it is Fox.  No one else does that.  You need no other evidence." - Dracos

"Huh? Which rant?" - Gary

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Servitor of the Outer Gods with your ineffective Thompson Submachine Gun." - grimjack

KLSymph

Quote from: "Edward"Which leads me to ask why do you do it in the first place?  You work your butt off trying to make the Anime Addventure something other than a festering pit and in return they are ungrateful and insulting.

Most of what I do, I do to see if I can. I wanted to see if I can improve the AA, even before I became a moderator, since I don't really write much anyway. Or we can go with the concrete historical reason, which was so that Ranger doesn't have to do it. ^^

And it's not as bad as you say. They aren't ungrateful and insulting, usually. Mostly, I am ignored. I can go away for months and nobody notices (I've done it). Same for Bast!, really. Took maybe seven months before someone (singular) commented on how he hadn't appeared recently.

Quote from: "Edward"Perhaps you should post your fiction here first.

But I do! This is the only place I ever post anything that isn't AA related. Besides, AA is decent practice space, even if I've given up^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H never expected to get good C&C there.

Quote from: "Edward"So is it worth it for you?  I'm seeing a lot of time and effort on your part, but I'm not seeing what you get out of it.

It's like training patience. Or an experiment on how long it takes for me to snap. As for is it worth it? I still think it's worth what I spend on it. And anyway, I am still slowly but surely working to improve it all. Like the stuff I did today, for instance. Hopefully Bast! get's around to announcing it today or tomorrow.

Edward

We have a winner.

http://addventure.bast-enterprises.de/index.html

It's the most recent entry for What's New.

Some brain trust attempted to download the entire Anime Addventure today.

Quoteevery episode, every option, the tree view from every episode, every comment list and every comment
If you see Vampire Hikaru Shidou, it is Fox.  No one else does that.  You need no other evidence." - Dracos

"Huh? Which rant?" - Gary

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Servitor of the Outer Gods with your ineffective Thompson Submachine Gun." - grimjack

Olvelsper

Hiliarity ensues at Anime Addventure.

Anyway, here's a nugget of zen-like wisdom for you all from Gamefaqs.

From: Menthus | Posted: 1/24/2005 11:46:42 AM | Message Detail
Rape sure is popular these days. I blame the internet.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2589971/Ol%27Velsper : Then we will write in the shade.

thepanda

Holy...!

You did it!

You actually added a spellchecker to the AA!

My mind has dificulty grasping the concept of someone actually acting on advice I've given. I feel... special. But in a good way. ~_^

KLSymph

You might think adding a spellchecker to the AA is great, but all I know is that ever since we did so, stuff has been breaking all over the place.

It's terrible.

thepanda

Are you certain it wasn't the web stripper's fault?

KLSymph

Don't know the "why", just the "what". I doubt stuff is breaking because of the spellchecker (since I did write it to be mostly disconnected from the AA), but since we're doing other significant internal changes at the moment, I don't think it's simply the fault of that one downloader.

thepanda

Hm. Sounds frustrating.

At least you can take it out on goku now, though. ^^

Brian

I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Gah, I should've linked that here yesterday.  I was rantin' all over 'bout it.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.