News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

POST OF THE DAY

Started by Dracos, December 21, 2004, 08:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arakawa

I think it's based on the game show sketch linked on the page (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjOZtWZ56lc), which seems to be some kind of Mornington Crescent thing except with numbers.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Arakawa

"No John, you are the demons:" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66twsuCehaI (How is it that I've only discovered the existence of this now?)

A different dramatic reading of a slightly NSFW whattheheckery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2wL6i-kX9s

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Kaldrak

So, someone apparently made a working jet glider. All hail the Jetman!
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

KLSymph

Merc

<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Arakawa

(moved from kickstarter thread because it turns out the kickstarter is long over)

In case you haven't had enough numbers, here's what the hardcore gamers played in the 11th century:

http://www.gamecabinet.com/rules/Rithmomachia.html

In short, really complex math in tabletop game systems is not a modern development.

Oh, and there was apparently apparently a kickstarter for it:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/works/rithmomachia-battle-of-the-numbers-the-philosopher

---

(from Wm. Blake)

Merc

That is an amusingly durable girl.

I like how there was nothing but the background music until the very end.

Dracos

The most hipster of kickstarters.

A shame upon all those foolish enough to support it.  I know I do no good work by linking it, but still, I must acknowledge that this is terrible, and all those involved in it should feel bad.  Except for the guy getting 40k dollars to eat his own food.

Well, Goodbye.

Merc

I dearly hope that most of those pledges get cancelled before the remaining 25 days are up. But somehow, I suspect that guy will walk off with a load of money and be ridiculously happy for it.

Kaldrak

That's...that's absurd. I mean, I like potato salad as much as the next guy but....
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Arakawa

Quote from: Merc on July 07, 2014, 11:29:46 PM
I dearly hope that most of those pledges get cancelled before the remaining 25 days are up. But somehow, I suspect that guy will walk off with a load of money and be ridiculously happy for it.

He does have to recite about 700 names over his potato salad as he's making it. And "invite the Internet" (everyone who pledged over $10), whatever the __ that means.

This is the laziest stupid Kickstarter ever and still he hasn't thought through how he's actually going to pull it off.

---

(from Wm. Blake)

Merc

To be fair, he has almost a month to figure it out.

Rukatin

I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Anastasia

Man. I work my ass off to make a few hundred bucks a month and he gets over a hundred times that to make potato salad. It's a strange world.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?