News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

The Illusion

Started by Ebiris, January 04, 2005, 01:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

"Sarah Robertson. I hired her a while back for situations like this, though to be honest, today was going to be the first day she would have alone with the store," Gamby says with a small frown. "Well, I trust she'll be acclimated enough with the job to handle the shop alone for a few days, so it shouldn't be a problem."
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Ebiris

"I'm sure she can handle it," Jack nods. "A woman's touch might even do this place a spot of good, don't you think?" he grins rakishly before assuming a more composed demeanour. "Anyway, you should find some basic information in that folder - read it before you go out there. We'll have someone pick you up at the airport and drive you to the police station Inspector Betrand is operating out of."

Merc

Gamby resists the urge to reply to the 'woman's touch' comment, and simply nods as he takes a sip from his cup of tea. "Very well."

Ebiris

"Good show, good show," Mr Jack nods, draining most of his tea. "Anyway, you'll probably know more than me after you've spent a day on-site, but is there anything you'd like me to go over before you leave? I'm afraid I can't dally about for too long - this robbery isn't the only thing I have to deal with, today."

Merc

"No, no, I should be fine," Gamby replies with a polite smile. "If you have other appointments I won't hold you back."

Ebiris

"Very well, then," Mr Jack finishes off his tea, briefly holding up his cup in a semi-salutory gesture before replacing it on the coffee table. "Best of luck, and don't get in over your head."

He turns to leave, before pausing. "Dash, almost forgot," he reaches into his coat pocket and hands produces a plane ticket which he leaves on the table as well. "You'll be needing that, after all," he smiles, before leaving. "I'll see myself out, thanks."

Merc

Picking up the planet ticket and slapping it against his palm, he sighs. Finishing his tea, he goes downstairs to reopen the shop and wait for Sarah to pass on the instructions and responsibility.

Ebiris

Business picks up a little in the next hour or so, making a few sales before Sarah arrives with a sunny smile. "Afternoon, Fred," she greets you, coming behind the counter. "How's things, today?"

Merc

"Hello, Sarah," Gamby greets the teenager. "Store's running smoothly as it always is."

As he steps away from the counter he pauses briefly before he asks, "Oh, before I leave you alone for today, I wanted to know if I could extend the time you're in charge of the store. I'm afraid some business has come up and I won't be able to open the store for a day or two." And hopefully not more...

Ebiris

"Nothing bad, I hope?" the girl asks, leaning forward with a concerned look on her youthful features.

Merc

"Not at all, but thank you for the concern."  Gamby smiles before elaborating somewhat.

"A colleague of mine visited today and asked if I could take his place relating to some museum business that he is unable to make due to timing issues."

Ebiris

"Oh? Where are you going?" your employee presses, resting an elbow on the counter as she settles in. "Anywhere interesting?"

Merc

"I'll be going to Vienna, and if it's not interesting..." Gamby says with a grin, and pausing for dramatic purposes as he puts on a magic hat, he finishes with, "Well, Frederick Gamby'll just have to make it interesting, won't he?"

Ebiris

Sarah giggles lightly at your showmanship. "I bet you will," she smiles. "Austria, eh? My brother went there a few years ago... I'm sure the place has lots of great culture, but all he did was get drunk the whole time." She shakes her head amusedly.

"Anyway, I shouldn't have any problems being here all day tomorrow. But is it alright if I close a bit earlier than usual the day after? One of my friends is coming back from America, and I said I'd pick her up from the airport."

Merc

"Sure, I don't mind. I would have to close the store without you around after all. Thanks again, by the way," Gamby replies, quite thankful.