News:

"If it has HP, we can kill it."

Main Menu

The Illusion

Started by Ebiris, January 04, 2005, 01:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

Time seems to drag on interminably as your grumpy companion winds off the autobahn and through Vienna's congested city streets, but eventually you reach the police station, an old building in gothic style, overshadowed by more recent construction.

From there, Ahmed takes you up to the second floor, past the local police, to a door with a hastily taped up paper sign reading 'Interpol'. Not bothering to knock, he marches right in.

It's a barren office space, nothing more than a desk, filing cabinet, and chair. Seated at the desk is a dark haired European gentleman in a shirt and tie, reading the local paper. Looking up, he says something in French which you can't understand, although Ahmed's name is heard in there. For his part, Ahmed doesn't look too thrilled at being addressed, replying irately in the same language.

Merc

Gamby makes a small face as they enter the room, thinking 'This is an Interpol location? With a...paper sign?'

He observes the new man brieflt as he talks with Ahmed, wondering if this is Bertrand, before interrupting. "Uh, hello? Terribly sorry, but I'm afraid I only follow English and German."
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Ebiris

"Ah, sorry," Bertrand says in German, standing up and offering his hand. "My German is better, and it's what everyone else around here speaks, so we'll stick with that. You'll have to excuse poor Ahmed, though - he's not very fluent," he finishes with a slightly smug smirk, glancing at his colleague, who bristles but doesn't reply.

Merc

"Uhm, yes well, you've been informed as to why I'm here, correct?" Gamby asks as he too switches to German, while tossing an apologetic look towards Ahmed.

Ebiris

"Yes, some manuscripts were stolen," Bertrand nods. "Say, Ahmed, why don't you go get some tea for our guest, will you? Milk and one sugar for me."

Ahmed sticks around long enough to hear your own order before departing, leaving you alone with the Frenchman.

"Take a seat, Mr Gamby," he goes on, seeming to relax once his 'partner' is out of the room. "I can call you that, right? Or does it have to be 'The Illusion' all the time?" he asks with a faint trace of mockery on your codename.

Merc

Gamby raises an eyebrow at the sardonic tone of voice. "Gamby is fine, but pick whichever you prefer, Inspector."