News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Intro: Koriand'r, Ihliel, Aella

Started by Bjorn, January 07, 2005, 02:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trunkyboy

Ihliel gives a small squeak and scurries in, huddling close to Kory.
riss and I against the world!

Rackham and Nirae get no breaks...

Why, oh why wasn't I born rich?

Brian

There's a muted 'fwush' as large torches in the dim reaches of the chamber flare to light, spreading to other nearby torches and illuminating the periphery.  "Welcome," the deep voice says, "into service.  There is a task that awaits you, but before you are to be sent on this task, you are to hear the tale of Tuck, and learn of his power."

In rapid succession, torches and hanging lanterns iluminate, revealing the center of the shrouded room to be a massive, raised dias.  In the center of the dias is the equally massive Tuck himself.

The demon lord is probably about seven feet tall, and makes for an imposing figure ... even with the girth he's aquired, which has to be easily double his height.

His face is grim, stolid, ever the expression of the hardened warrior.  An arm waves dismissively, and Tuck intones, "In times past, I opened myself to a weakness I only now know how to defeat.  I am vulnerable only in my lack of experience.  I require one thing from you ... and when I consume that, I shall aquire strength once again."

Tuck staggers a bit, suddenly rising a few feet, and revealing that hidden beneath his bulk was a large wooden stool.  While hefty, he now looks like the kind of demon to avoid in an open battle.  Even wearing the heavy folds and extra weight that a demon in general does not have, Tuck emanates some amount of strength.

"There lies, in lands south of here, an artifact you will reclaim for me," Tuck explains.  "This artifact is the key ... the first step we shall take on the road of conquest."  Grinning, Tuck nods, and three identical spiky-faced guards walk around from the left side of the pedestal.  "My assistant shall answer any questions you have now."

With that, Tuck suddenly collapses into his seat, the light around him fading and leaving him to vanish into shadow again.

The foremost of the spiky-faced demons says, "That sounds like me," after shooting sharp glances at his twins.  "What information do you need?"
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Corwin

"How far to the south? What's the artifact called? What does it look like? Who has it now?" Kory asks with her ever-present smile, addressing that foremost spiky-faced demon.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Brian

"It's about seven hundred miles or so," the foremost demon says.  "But only half of it is through dangerous territories.  We don't know, but we have a device that will identify it when we get close enough.  General Gerrim."

"Actually," the demon to the left says, "I think I said that, when I was supposed to say that."

The demon to the right growls, "I will deal with me later, but now I'd better shut up."

The foremost demon glances back, and frowns, but then turns back to address the new recruits.

"Before we send you on this mission, we want to familiarize you with your equipment, and have you run through a training scenario.  If you follow me, I'll take you to the training room.  I can answer your questions on the way, because I am remembering to keep my mouth shut."  The demons on the left and right nod in unison, then follow the lead demon towards a door in the side of the room.

"We will return, Lord Tuck," the lead demon calls back.  "Now, further questions on the mission?"

~exploding tag~

Corwin

Kory glances at her companions, ready to go and do the familiarizing thing as far as she's concerned.

Trunkyboy

Ihliel shakes his head vehemently, before continuing to huddle hehind the cheerful demon.

Brian

The spikey-faced trio walks on into the keep some distance, leading everyone down a hall, down a spiral staircase, across another hall, and finally, down a wide ramp into some sub-basement.

"This is the Fallen Pantry," the spikey demon explains, halting.  Beyond him is a great door, probably about twenty feet high, and fifteen feet wide.  It's currently closed, with a collection of discarded pieces of armor, weaponry, and bones lying on the ground before it.

"Through the Fallen Pantry, down the Stairwell of Despair, and into the Wine Cellar of the Forlorn Spirits you shall go.  Within a cage of iron lies the Bottle of the High Spirits.  Bring this to me, and your mission will be complete."  Each of the spikey-faced demons pulls out a small glass globe.  "I and I and I shall monitor your progress from here.  Do you need anything before you enter?"

~exploding tag~

Corwin

"Nope," Kory says, as she thinks gleefully, Something fun to do at last! Then, she pats the easily frightened demon on his back. "After you!"

Trunkyboy

Ihliel gives Kory a look as to indicate, 'Are you crazy?!'  He manages to squeak out, "Um, something sharp to hit things with, and make them bleed?"

Brian

From a pocket, the spiky-faced demon produces an array of swords, knives, and frying-pans.  "Take what you need," he says with a shrug.

~exploding tag~

Trunkyboy

Ihliel carefully selects a heavy frying-pan, then selects a sharp and pointy knife as an afterthought.

Brian

Spiky-face nods.  "The rest of you?" he asks.

~exploding tag~

Corwin

Kory grabs a frying pen as well, following Ihliel's lead.

Brian

Now that everyone is armed, the spiky-faced one shrugs, and hauls open the door to the Fallen Pantry.  "Good luck," he says ominously.

Inside, the demons can see what looks like a very large pantry, which has been kept reasonably clean.  There's no signs of dust or mud anywhere, and no cob-webs in sight.

The pantry is shaped like a low room, filled with shelves and hanging baskets of dried herbs, seasonings, and what looks like dried fruits and vegetables in some places.  A few sacks of wheat line the nearest shelf.

At the far end of the room, probably about sixty yards away, a door can be seen that leads into some sort of hall, or possibly the stairwell that had been mentioned earlier.

~exploding tag~

Corwin

Whistling to herself, Kory enters the pantry, her frying pan slung over her shoulder. She approaches the door at the end of the room, poking at it with a toe.