News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Midnight Encounter

Started by Brian, February 28, 2005, 09:24:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Kesir's room is about three meters by five meters, the long side facing the exterior wall.  The window and door are roughly in the center of the room, with a desk on the nothern wall, and the bed on the south.

Currently, Kesir is meditating on the floor next to his bed, and Aliele is standing just inside the window.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

"It's generally considered polite to knock first." Kesir responded calmly.  "And to use the door."  Kesir rose, turning to see the intruder.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Celisasu

Aliele looks on in surprise at the person standing before her.  Her first instinct is to stuff a dagger in his throat to insure his silence but Kesir's reaction(talking politely to her instead of shouting for the guards or coming at her sword first) makes her eye him consideringly.  This is an inn, perhaps she just happened to arrive in a room that amazingly enough wasn't occupied by an Imperial.  Although what kind of guest would react this calmly to an intruder coming through their window was another question entirely.

Still, perhaps he'd know what room the commander was in.  The question of whether to kill him or not could come after finding out what she wanted to know...and whether he was an Imperial or not.  Easy enough to find out.  "I've come to speak to the commander of the garrison here.  Would you mind telling me where he is?  I thought this was the room I was supposed to meet him in."

Dracos

"I see.  Come in."  Kesir responded warmly.  "It's a cold night and I have no doubt that it is unpleasant."

Dracos
apologizes for the delay.
Well, Goodbye.

Celisasu

Aliele enters the room keeping a careful eye on Kesir.  She doubts he believes her but figures he probably won't do anything until he knows for certain one way or the other.

Dracos

Kesir let her in, the very picture of hospitality.  "Now, let's see, this must be urgent news, if you're in such a rush, no?" He headed for his door with calm steps.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Celisasu

"Indeed."  Aliele fell in step behind him, keeping a careful eye on her surroundings.  "An unexpected complication that I'm not at liberty to discuss."  Aliele already had an idea about what to do in her head, but first she needed to get to commander to impliment it.

Brian

To Kesir, looking at the girl who appeared at the window, it's relatively obvious that she is one of the key pieces in the puzzle he faces.  Also, it's not ordinary for people to come in through second-story windows.

To Aliele, there's immediately something odd about the other man in the room.  She normally has a very keen insight into the presence of concealed witnesses nearby, and she did not notice him before she was at the window.

In the hall, someone coughs, opening their door and trudging into the hall, footsteps leading away.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

"Let's see...now which door was it." Kesir played slightly forgetful, pondering.  "Hum, well, let's...hum, I just realized, I didn't catch your name."  he prompted.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Celisasu

"I'm called Eliza.  I'd inquire as to your name but to be honest if I don't get this information to the commander soon something bad will happen."  Aliele looked out the window fearfully as if she expected a big army to appear out of nowhere.  She wasn't sure how good he was at reading people but hopefully by keeping him rushed she'd find the commander quickly and give Kesir less time to indulge his curiosity until it was too late.

Dracos

Kesir lead into and through the inn hallways and away from the windows, nodding.  His demeanor not shifting from a calm pace as he went to intentionally the wrong door, knocking loudly intending to awaken more than just the resident.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Celisasu

Aliele didn't trust Kesir anymore than she trusted any Imperial but since she had been found anyways she might as well see where he lead.  She kept a straight face at the loud knock figuring as long as she got to the commander she could get out before anyone could do anything although it was too bad that her original plan was going to have to be changed somewhat.  It looked like more killing and less information gathering would be involved.  Oh well, perhaps there'd be sealed orders or something she could grab on the way out after stuffing a knife in the commander's eye.  Eyeing Kesir's back, Aliele considered whether it'd be best to let him live or not.  It'd probably depend on whether he turned out to be one of them, the fact that he seemed to know where the commander was indicated what his fate probably would be.

Brian

Kesir is not really sure who is staying in the room that he's knocking on the door to.  It isn't the commander, but it is an officer (everyone in this inn is).

The door is opened, as people in neighboring rooms mutter loudly (the walls are very thin), and a woman in a robe that can barely be termed decent answers the door, just opening it a crack to peek out.  "Yes?" she whispers.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

"Oh, so sorry.  I thought this was the innkeeper's room.  This young lady was quite urgent about delivering an important message and well, I've just arrived so I don't recall where he is to ask.  do you recall where the innkeeper's room is?"

Kesir played the dumb, expecting that it would be seen through, but at the same time leaving the possibility that he was leading her to the commander.  Hopefully the officer will pick up on it and the woman will be able to be captured alive.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

The woman blinks at this, and shakes her head.  "I do, but he's a drunk, and won't wake up until long after sunrise," she replies.  "I know where everyone stays, though.  Who do you need to find?"

~exploding tag~