Flying Saucers and Zombies, Sixton City Limits

Started by Dracos, March 01, 2005, 11:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halbarad

Phil grimaced. Large scale destruction - well, intentionally anyway - wasn't something he was used to causing. Quickly taking out another ball bearing, he loads the rail gun, aiming for the tower base once again.

"Think you can give me enough time for another shot if they come this way?" he asks Liao without looking up.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Brian

Liao considers this.  "I can buy us some time," he agrees, wondering how quickly the robots move when they're fighting.

Once he hears the gun fire, Liao will wait a moment to see how effective the shot was against the tower.  If no damage has been done, he'll use Flash, and then run away from Jade and Phil.  After a few seconds, he'll do it again, to give the enemy a really clear and obvious trail into the woods.  After running until they're about to catch up with him (or he loses them), he'll try and teleport back to Phil and Jade.

"We really need a way to talk to eachother when we're far apart," Liao mumbles, before falling silent while Phil works on making the tower explode.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Zenthor

Jade stops gawking at the shot after a moment.  While Liao's off distracting them, she'll stay nearby and ignite any Aliens that wander this way anyway.  

"Cool effect, at least," Jade comments after deciding this.
iato: *hugs Super* Lala.
redffea: Its that exciting Super?
Supaaielman: *Explodes*

Halbarad

"Remind me of that when I'm not trying to avoid getting beaten up by robots," Phil mumbles, lining up his second shot. A few moments to aim for the other side of the tower base, a pull of the trigger, and...
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Dracos

The shot goes in, more sparks flaring around the base of the tower, a few lights near the top going out as robots charged in towards them, neon laser beams flying their way.

Blinding light hid them all as Liao leapt into action, the robots temporarily malfunctioning in face of this mysterious power that he brought, giving a moment for Phil and Jade to flee, all sorts of odd noises coming from the stunned robots before them.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Liao shoves Phil away, to the left of the charging robots, and expects that Jade will follow.  Then Liao sets his feet and charges a step or two (no, laser beams are dangerous -- he charges one step) towards the robots before hitching sharply to the right, hoping to use the screen of trees to keep them from getting a good line of sight to him.

~exploding tag~

Halbarad

Phil stumbles to his feet awkwardly from Liao's shove, stuffing the corded rifle into his backpack as he takes off through the woods in the opposite direction from Liao. "I hope that did it," he mutters to himself as he runs, glancing over his shoulder for any signs of pursuit.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Zenthor

Jade smacks herself, realizing she didn't understand that Phil was going to be running away as well.  No point in staying around, then.  She quickly follows Phil's trail as she runs away from the base, checking behind her shoulder every once in a while as well.  

`I sure hope Liao's better at this running away thing than anything else he does,` she thinks for a moment before charging on.

Dracos

The two of them managed to hide a bit away as the robots charged on after Liao.  It was pretty close with about fifteen of them on his tail.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Once the robots start catching up, Liao realizes he can't teleport well if he can't run in a straight line.  Hmm.

Skidding to a halt, he wheels around, uses his flash ability again, and then bolts off in an entirely different direction.  Sure, he's getting lost, but those robots that are following him will get lost too!

Part of Liao's mind tells him that this isn't really a good idea.  Most of the rest of his mind is concentrating on running.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Phil and Jade watched as Liao led the robots astray, giving them some breathing room as they hid in the forest near the now alert camp.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Zenthor

Jade relaxes a bit when she sees nobody coming.

"Phew.  He did it..."  she looked around again.  "So... do we just wait for Liao here, then?"  She looked at Phil to affirm what she thought the plan was.

Either that or correct her and make her look stupid.  At this point it doesn't really matter.

Halbarad

"I'm... not sure. I don't think I could find him again in this forest, anyway - I don't know it THAT well."

Withdrawing a pair of binoculars from his backpack, Phil looks towards the tower. "Right now, I'm thinking we either sneak into the factory and mess as much stuff up as we can while he's distracting them, or else we wait here until we can find him again. I'd like to make sure he'll be okay, but I don't see how to right now."
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Zenthor

"Well, the way I see it, if we wait around for too long something will find us... probably the robots if we wait around for too long."

After a moment of thinking she started again.  "Besides, this is probably out best chance for hands on destruction, with most of the robots combing the woods for us.  Why not take this chance to go shake things up?  With fire?"

Dracos

There's some robots still around the field, but the tower seems semi-abandoned, save for a few repair drones trying to patch it back up.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.