News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Sound Off

Started by Rye Coal, April 08, 2005, 01:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperusSophia

As much as I'd like to see us work this thing out as a group, I highly doubt that will happen.  EVERYONE is too concerned at the moment with making the ruling concerning CCN Rez's turn favor them that nobody is willing to compromisefor the sake of the game.  Therefore, I'm beginning to side with LHP Sax on this call.  Let's clear the game completely, and start with one thread for discussing changes to the initial set.  When a 2/3rds majority votes to use a new initial set, the new game begins with the same turn order, but starting with CCN Rez's turn.

Or can anyone honestly say this isn't the best compromise we are going to get?

Rye Coal

Sax,

If you would like to suggest changes, then damn it suggest them -this is getting really old. You keep insisting on fixing the rule set without saying a word on how they ought to be fixed.

Can all agree that both the current form of rule 212 and the proposed amendment do not work? I can see that the provisional judgement system needs fixing. The edit/deleting posts feature needs to be removed.

On all of your posts you insist on instituting these changes before you will agree to do anything - restart rizatis's turn or restart the game. So lets have it.

SuperusSophia,

On the Judgement issue I will not back down, your right. But I will consent to let Riz start his turn anew in the interest of getting the game started. As will quintopia and every other player except Sax and Darth (who we havent heard from since his turn). I see no reason for people to loose the points they have earned or to make someone overhaul the boards.

CasualSax

I've said repeatedly that the judgement rule needs to be fixed.  I haven't quite looked into how, but "damn it," it needs to be fixed.  Whats to stop someone from pulling the same shit again?  We can't "fix it" and then pick up from where we left off, we'd never agree.  Hell, I could call judgement on any dispute I create, and we're deadlocked again, as the rules simply conflict with themselves.

The ruleset is quite obviously broken as almost every instance of the word "judge" doesn't go along with the other rules.  Surely you see that?

We need to stop the game, and discuss the changes to the ruleset.  Don't point at me and expect me to come up with some divine plan..I surely can make suggestions, but I know as well as you that I'm not perfect.

I'm not deliberately stalling the game.  I'm just declaring it is broken, and it needs fixing.

EDIT:

The points don't matter at all at the moment really..
i][size=9]I want to be the minority
I don''t need your authority
Down with the moral majority
''Cause I want to be the minority[/size][/i]

SuperusSophia

The judge rule was not what breoke the system, it was the implimentation of the 5th step of the player's turn.  The rules were not broken, nobody wanted to follow the rules as they are laid out.  The only way the original 212 rule could be used to break the system is if there was confusion on who's turn it is, which shouldn't be able to happen, and would not have if Quin hadn't been an ass about step 5, which as I saw it and as it was implemented up to that point was as a note that it needs to happen.  That part needs to be reworded, not rule 212.

And if this issue is not corrected in 48 hrs, I', leaving the game.  This is rediculous.  If anyone wants to contact me to discuss the rules, fine.  My email is: superussophia@yahoo.com and my AIM is: thehun85

tinuviel

Good god, this has gotten muddled...why is it so hard to reach a compromise here?  Yes, we do need to discuss changes to the rule-set, Sax, and the game appears to be stopped already, for that specific purpose.  :)  What, exactly, are everyone's complaints?  Perhaps there's a way to sort it out yet.

CasualSax

I'm resigning from the game, much to the delight of a few I'm sure.  The stress to fun ratio is simply not compelling.  Peace.
i][size=9]I want to be the minority
I don''t need your authority
Down with the moral majority
''Cause I want to be the minority[/size][/i]

SuperusSophia

Quote from: "tinuviel"Good god, this has gotten muddled...why is it so hard to reach a compromise here?  Yes, we do need to discuss changes to the rule-set, Sax, and the game appears to be stopped already, for that specific purpose.  :)  What, exactly, are everyone's complaints?  Perhaps there's a way to sort it out yet.

The reason I'm ready to leave is that nobody is talking.  Im made several suggestions over the last week and only two or three other players have responded, and even then it did nothing to help the situation.  If people WANT to reach a decision here, then fine, but if the majority of the players are just going to ignore it, then this isn't worth my time.

tinuviel

Quote from: "SuperusSophia"The reason I'm ready to leave is that nobody is talking.  Im made several suggestions over the last week and only two or three other players have responded, and even then it did nothing to help the situation.  If people WANT to reach a decision here, then fine, but if the majority of the players are just going to ignore it, then this isn't worth my time.
True, true.  People don't seem so involved at the moment.  Personally, I was on spring break the past week, gallavanting around the country, so I apologise for my lack of input.  :)  We do need to establish better communication on the boards though, or confusions like this are never going to be resolved.

Rezantis

I apologize.  I've been slack and real life has left me sorta not-in-the-mood to play.  That said, I'm here and I'm back, and I'm sorry to te people unable to get me over AIM and MSN, I've been AFK far, far too much lately.
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.