News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

310 (Draft): Players

Started by tinuviel, April 18, 2005, 01:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rezantis

I'd honestly rather that we require a majority vote to let them in . . .

That or set the cap at -ten-, for now.
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Rye Coal

CCN Rizantis,

I'm not for easy ways to remove people from the game. If you want quality/quantity control do it on the front end of things. I'm not for telling a new player - "opps looks like we bit off more than we can chew, we'll let you know when we have room."

As for removing inactive players: we need to define 'active.' How about posted within 2 weeks? We should also institute a way for players to declare themselves on vacation so they are not removed from the game. Only people who go inactive without notice should be elligible for removal.

On what grounds should we bar enterance? Do you want a peer nomination/review system? Its not like this is an exclusive club everyone is just dying to get into. I can understand wanting to limit the flow of new players - I don't really wan't  10 new players to deal with at one time. Nor do I want one faction/group getting all the new player support either. Then again a dominate majority should not be able to stall the process to stay in power. I really think having everyone vote on it every time is obsurd.

Char Coal

Rezantis

Quote from: "Rye Coal"Then again a dominate majority should not be able to stall the process to stay in power.

I'm more worried about this being used to -form- a dominant majority in a rather cheap fashion.

--

QuoteI really think having everyone vote on it every time is obsurd.

To this, I can only say . . .

QuoteIts not like this is an exclusive club everyone is just dying to get into.

Yeah, I'd like a vote.  Adding a player is a major change to the game dynamics and not something I think should be left wide open.  I'll fight this particular proposal tooth and nail, as it stands.

--

Aside from that, setting the cap at ten would prevent any new players from being added in that way at this time - we already have tne players.

SuperusSophia

I agree with CCN Rezantis on this one.  First, we need to realize that the way this game is currently set up, ten is about the right number of players.  Maybe as many a 15.

The only reasn I can see for including new players is that old players are going to leave.  I mean, there is a good chance that this game will not be over in a year from now.  People are going to go inactive.  What we need is a means of keeping the game at ten people.

quintopia

Rez, the cap is at ten for now.  The proposal doesn't go into effect until round 3.  However, I do have a couple of friends who would like to play.  Like we have been saying, not many, but enough to allow the game to expand a bit.  The dynamic is stale already with this few players.  

What if we made it so that each person was allowed to invite one and only person any time after the third round?  That gets rid of the need to vote on every player, because it includes a viable cap, and gives every equal footing in such a way that it becomes impossible for anyone to form a dominant majority.

If we see things get stale again, what with players leaving and going inactive, we can distribute another round of player invitations.

Rezantis

Quote from: "quintopia"What if we made it so that each person was allowed to invite one and only person any time after the third round?  That gets rid of the need to vote on every player, because it includes a viable cap, and gives every equal footing in such a way that it becomes impossible for anyone to form a dominant majority.

I could agree to that; it's better than something wholly unrestricted.

Itarien

This is sort of like needing a sponsor to get in...  maybe people wanting to join should be permitted to a single post in the waiting room saying why they should be permitted in and some contact details. Then have maybe a 2/3 majority vote on the addition of a new player every other turn.

I'd like the ability to have a say in whether or not someone should join.

In the current proposal we have to nominate a person to join in our turns or else have the person at the top of the list join. I'd like the option of declining new players for the turn.